Who else has bought Microsoft Complete and been cheated?

Discus and support Who else has bought Microsoft Complete and been cheated? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought an Xbox Series X bundle at the beginning of 2022, it contained a console and the Xbox Series X Carbon Black controller. At that same time I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by arikmoon, Nov 14, 2023.

1. arikmoon
    arikmoon Guest

I bought an Xbox Series X bundle at the beginning of 2022, it contained a console and the Xbox Series X Carbon Black controller.

At that same time I also bought the Microsoft Complete Warranty, which was supposed to cover the console for an additional 3 years and up to 2 standard controllers.

Well, this weekend my Carbon Black standard controller started failing so I called for my extended warranty (Microsoft Complete) coverage.

The technician was rather quick to understand the issue and said they were sending a replacement controller. Wow, fantastic I thought.

Today I go to check on the status of that order and they’re not replacing my Carbon Black controller, they’re sending me an old Xbox One controller from 2017.

I called back today to try and get the issue fixed, but was instead talked in circles about how the Microsoft Complete plan is for the console only, console only, console only… (even when I have the relevant statement from the PDF THAT SAYS: ‘BUNDLE PRODUCTS: When purchased as a single, in-the-box package (an “Xbox Product Bundle”), Coverage for up to two (2) Xbox standard controllers OR one (1) Xbox Elite controller is also included under this Plan (as applicable and included in Your Xbox Product Bundle purchase).’).

But they still are replacing my Carbon Black controller for an Xbox One controller?

I’m not asking for any big favors here. But this seems like a big bait and switch.

I bought Microsoft Complete expecting:

Broken Carbon Black controller = replacement Carbon Black controller.

NOT

Broken Carbon Black controller = replacement Xbox One Controller (2017).

Anyone else have this type of experience?

:)

arikmoon, Nov 14, 2023
  2. arikmoon Win User

Thanks for the reply, but unfortunately I’ve tried calling support no fewer than 3 times regarding this issue.

There’s a definite language barrier in understanding the problem, because the agents keep telling me that my controller isn’t covered, but they’re more than willing to send me an Xbox One controller which makes absolutely no sense.

I also reached out to the X (formally Twitter) team and they seemed to understand the issue and are escalating it.

My intention was to post my experience here to see if others have any tips on how to resolve this confusing extended warranty process.

A warranty should cover the the items I bought, plain and simple.

If I have a warranty for widget XYZ and it breaks, I expect a replacement widget XYZ.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hello arikmoon,

I sent you a personal message. Kindly respond to it.
  4. CarTzy Win User

Hello arikmoon,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you have been experiencing issues with your Microsoft Complete warranty. This sounds like a frustrating situation and I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Unfortunately, this is not something that can be resolved here in the community. You will need to contact our live support team by phone or online to get further assistance with your warranty claim. You may follow the guide below to contact our live support team.

Please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support

1. Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page matches the country/region you are currently located.
    2. If not, please select the country/region it is showing and select the correct one among the list.
    3. Make sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.
    4. Select the "Contact Us" button
    5. Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
    6. The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
    7. On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.
    8. If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".
    9. Should you encounter same issue and have an error message please let us know so we can forward your findings to the Internal Support Team.
  5. Quenxo Win User

FAO enforcement team - Racist behaviour

I have encountered this cheat a number of times since the original post (along with a number of well known cheats who never get banned). This player has been cheating every time i've seen them so there is no way the enforcement team investigate every complaint.

It seems there is one rule for cheats and one rule for everybody else. If a genuine gamer were to send a racist message to another gamer they would get a ban for sure but if you are cheat you can do what you like.

The fact that complaints for cheating have been routinely ignored for years has led to a culture that cheating is permitted.
  6. ATLJAY7 Win User

Halo 4: crimson map pack refund

i can see where you guys are coming from but you guys pretty much paid for it some one in microsoft really gooofed and made it avaliable for 0 microsoft. the problem has been fixed xbox wont be banning people because users didnt crack or cheat the system
    they basically bought something that was priced at 0. which the mistake was done by Microsoft those who got it got it lucky bastards.
Thema:

1. Who else has bought Microsoft Complete and been cheated? - Similar Threads - else has bought

2. Let’s sue Xbox? Has anyone else purchased used Xbox equipment that ended up being...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Let’s sue Xbox? Has anyone else purchased used Xbox equipment that ended up being...: Just wondering if anyone wants to get together and sue Xbox for not letting us make contact with enforcement to even begin to telll on them about our problem Yes. They won’t even let me make a...
  3. Error 0x80072ee2 0x00000000 0x00000206 has anyone tried else encountered this and did you...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error 0x80072ee2 0x00000000 0x00000206 has anyone tried else encountered this and did you...: With the latest update on xbox one I now keep getting the error code Error 0x80072ee2 0x00000000 0x00000206 has anyone tried else encountered this and did you find a solution?...
  4. Xbox Series X on ‘Preview Omega’ beta is no longer reading 4K UHD Blu-ray; has anyone else...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X on ‘Preview Omega’ beta is no longer reading 4K UHD Blu-ray; has anyone else...: My Xbox played 4K-BR seamlessly before April 2024, but as of May 2024, my Xbox Series X has stopped reading all 4K UHD Blu-ray discs (BD50, BD66, BD100) - whilst all other formats (DVD, Blu-ray...
  5. How do I get my bans lifted if someone else has been signing into my account and purposely...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get my bans lifted if someone else has been signing into my account and purposely...: I gave my account information to my ex because we used to play games together and I shared mine with him. Lately he’s been logging onto my account and saying things to his friends account which...
  6. Has anyone else's XBOX Elite Controller Series 2 not working?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Has anyone else's XBOX Elite Controller Series 2 not working?: I have a Xbox series x and about a month ago, my Xbox elite controller series 2 is no longer configurable. I can no longer access the custom settings I made for various games and when I try to...
  7. Why has my new my laptop came with someone elses xbox account .

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why has my new my laptop came with someone elses xbox account .: I have subscribed to the 3 month xbox games pass which came with my laptop. However, someone elses username/account is on here. On trying to access games I cant as the already-user is underage! I...
  8. Has anyone else not got support or had their Xbox x series stop installing games and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Has anyone else not got support or had their Xbox x series stop installing games and...: Please reply as I am interested how many Xbox people have given up as my Xbox x series will not work. What a joke the support is also. Don’t miss your 1 call a week or you will wait for a week to...
  9. has anyone else had download issues everything they've updated the console on Xbox one.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    has anyone else had download issues everything they've updated the console on Xbox one.: so in short after the last 3 updates the same exact issues comes back. I put a game on for download and it starts but the mps goes down until it hits 0. is it a bug with updates or just cause it's...
  10. Has anyone else got problems with the Xbox App on their Samsung TV?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Has anyone else got problems with the Xbox App on their Samsung TV?: It looks like there has been a major refresh/update on the Xbox cloud gaming App, and it's affected the ability to select the 'play' game button. It's a shame, as the new features look great,...