Who do I contact about fraudulent Xbox charges from my bank account?

Discus and support Who do I contact about fraudulent Xbox charges from my bank account? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have received 2 charges on my Natwest current account today from Microsoft Xbox that I do not recognise. My card is not linked to either of my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Ross Porter2, Jan 2, 2024.

1. Ross Porter2
    Ross Porter2 Guest

I have received 2 charges on my Natwest current account today from Microsoft Xbox that I do not recognise. My card is not linked to either of my microsoft accounts to allow for the purchase of Xbox products. I have queried how to review the transactions through my Microsoft account however as the card has now been cancelled I am unable to add my card to my account to review who's account is now linked to my card.

Is there a UK contact number I can call to speak to a Microsoft representative in order to try and resolve this query and cancel these fraudulent transactions?

:)

Ross Porter2, Jan 2, 2024
  2. Ryan [Limitless] Win User

Hi Ross, I’m Ryan.

Please note that this is a community based forum mostly with fellow users. I’m not a Microsoft employee.

Refer to this support article:
    https://support.microsoft.com/accou...icrosoft-398c5328-364c-d5e4-ea8f-f5ad60562a93

To contact Xbox Support directly, start at https://support.xbox.com/contact-us and select ‘I don’t recognise a charge’ under ‘Subscriptions and billing’ as the category/topic options, then start a live chat or request a call back.

Alternatively, contact your bank/card issuer to dispute the charges for you.

Additional support resources regarding subscriptions are included here:
    https://support.xbox.com/ehelp/subscriptions-billing/browse

Here to help.
  3. Chris and NikkiAusde Win User

I have a recurring charge of $27.06 every 3 months and cannot find the account associated with the charge.

Thank you for your response Francia. We no longer have any of the x box consoles and I am unsure of the account for which the charge is generating. Does this mean I need to contact my bank and report the charges as fraudulent? I don't think they are fraudulent, but without being able to access the account the charge is generating from this may be my only recourse. I would think a company such as Microsoft would have a better solution than sending a customer to their bank to report a charge as fraudulent when it likely isn't.
  4. steeledwand7664 Win User

Been scammed

Did this happen on one of your MS accounts?

Or did you just see this on your bank statement?

If it was just on your bank statement then that means that someone has gotten ahold of your banking information and you can contact xbox support by the link that was previously given and they can look up any account that your credit/debit card is currently
    on and remove the card from that account.

As far as the charges are concerned if your card was on a different account and those charges were made to that account then they would definitely be fraudulent charges in which case you would need to talk to your financial institution about putting in a
    fraudulent charge claim.
  5. x EeMBe x Win User

hacked account

your mum should also contact her bank and contest those fraudulent charges and cancel the card to prevent future purchases
    I would not recommend that. If you do that then you can let the hacker have the account because chargebacks will lead to a permanent ban. Talk to microsoft about the charges NOT YOUR BANK.
  6. Smwutches Win User

X box fraud.....

You would need to contact the bank or whoever it is that the money came from and alert them of a fraudulent charge.
Thema:

1. Who do I contact about fraudulent Xbox charges from my bank account? - Similar Threads - contact fraudulent charges

2. How do I contact Xbox Microsoft support?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I contact Xbox Microsoft support?: I’ve been trying to get in contact with them all morning but their website when I’m signed in and select contact us they say their call feature is unavailable even though it’s well in the time for...
  3. How do I get in contact with Microsoft support so they can help me get an account that was...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I get in contact with Microsoft support so they can help me get an account that was...: so they can help me get an account that was hacked and replaced my email with some sketchy outlook email I have the email that originally had it but my Microsoft email got changed and it says my...
  4. Refund contact number

in XBoX on Windows
    Refund contact number: Hi, I had an active subscription that I never signed up for. In fact, I do not even use the product or ever did. I am trying to reach customer support but the contact options are not showing and...
  5. Why cant i stream on my xbox one X? I have contacted Twitch they said it has to do with...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant i stream on my xbox one X? I have contacted Twitch they said it has to do with...: I can't stream on my xbox one X, I have tried to logging out of my twitch and my xbox account on my xbox, it didn't work 97eeeb71-4d6c-46f5-8043-5867f8452a39
  6. I have been charged $210 for gamepass and i have been trying to contact somebody

in XBoX on Windows
    I have been charged $210 for gamepass and i have been trying to contact somebody: For the last 3 days i have had -$210 in one of my checking accounts because microsoft charged me 14 times the $15 dollar game pass ultimate fee all on the same day at the same time. I have tried...
  7. How to contact Enforcement?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to contact Enforcement?: I'm trying to contact xbox enforcement due to a permanent ban on my account which isn't fair as I've had the account since around 2012 spent so much money and time on it and i cant lose it over...
  8. Is there an email address that I can use to contact Microsoft support

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there an email address that I can use to contact Microsoft support: Hello, recently I was looking into what type of cable my Xbox one controller uses so that I can purchase a new one without having to buy a whole new controller. While looking into this I found an...
  9. ATTENTION.was contacted by someone and asked to add his account. But he can't be found. He...

in XboX Insiders
    ATTENTION.was contacted by someone and asked to add his account. But he can't be found. He...: ⚠️⚠️⚠️ ATTENTION : possible scam ⚠️⚠️⚠️ https://xbox.com.de/loverlyman761 ❗️Do not click or enter anything.❗️ Please explain, I'm confused and want to know if there's something dangerous behind...
  10. How can I get someone from microsoft to contact me about fraudulent payments linked to my...

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I get someone from microsoft to contact me about fraudulent payments linked to my...: I,ve tried chatting with the support chat. Filled out and submitted questions about whats happening. I cant get intouch with anybody. It says to contact bank. Its being made from my paypal and...