White flickering while gaming in HDR

Discus and support White flickering while gaming in HDR in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; i got my new Denon X4800H yesterday, so i can get my xbox series x back on my AVR to have no more audio issues. The cable from AVR to TV is the... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/D3F3ND3R16, Oct 19, 2023.

1. White flickering while gaming in HDR

i got my new Denon X4800H yesterday, so i can get my xbox series x back on my AVR to have no more audio issues. The cable from AVR to TV is the orignial one. From my Xbox to AVR i have an HDMI 2.1 1m cable. Never had issues with those cables. have more of them in useage.

So far so good, i thougt. All HDMI 2.1 features were running, VRR, 120Hz, ALLM, 4k. All Audio was running fine, better then ever.

Then i tried some HDR supporting games and i got white flickering screens randomly every 1-5s. one time it even got black for 2s.

Its a mess and unusable.

i use the Dual out from my AVR to feed the Hue Sync box via an Switch with downscaler, that works too.

Before i had this setup:

Xbox Out - Switch IN

Swith OUT 4k - TV

Switch OUt downscaling - Sync Box

Zero issues with this setup in terms of image. But i had to use eARC which was pure horror and i could not use my 5.1.2. setup with it. It was a mess.

submitted by /u/D3F3ND3R16
    [link] [comments]

/u/D3F3ND3R16, Oct 19, 2023
  2. Juan RODRIGUEZ B. Win User

HDR image flickering on Xbox One X with LG C9 TV

what is your Problem?

Flickering Screen on Xbox

Flickering Screen on Xbox with HDR

Screen goes Black on HDR with Xbox ?

You talk about going black but have flickering on Topic.

There was an official Problem with HDR Flickering on that TVs and Xbox but that should be fixed a time ago
    The screen flickers when HDR or HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Colour is on in the TV, after a while of flickering it goes black, then the TV loses the signal from the Xbox. That's
    my problem.

If I deactivate HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Colour, then there's no more flickering and no more black screen.

Well it isn't fixed yet, I'm 100% sure I am on the latest firmware on both the LG C9 and the Xbox One X.
  3. CyTeK1978 Win User

HDR image flickering on Xbox One X with LG C9 TV

what is your Problem?

Flickering Screen on Xbox

Flickering Screen on Xbox with HDR

Screen goes Black on HDR with Xbox ?

You talk about going black but have flickering on Topic.

There was an official Problem with HDR Flickering on that TVs and Xbox but that should be fixed a time ago
  4. RAIDEN496 Win User

LG HDMI Ultra HD Deep Color issue (Screen flickering)

not sure if the flickering is the same. But i have a sony 4k with HDR and when ever i am playing games i will get flickering., The screen does no flicker as in a HDMI problem as in turning on and off. It's more like the color flickering from dark to light
    really fast. But If I turn off 4k on the Xbox it will correct the problem.
  5. Rogg721 Win User

Tv screen keeps going black

I’m having the same issue, but its on the Xbox One X, and its only with HDR. Screen will flicker on and off randomly. If i wait long enough screen will stay black, never come back. I had to disable HDR on the port, flicker goes away ( so does hdr). Everything
    worked before the most recent update. Happens on every port, and only happens wjth my xbox. Thoughts?
  6. LD VAD3R Win User

Xbox One S flickering in Destiny

Well I checked other games and it is not happening. I just got Gears 4 yesterday and I can play in 4K HDR with no flickering at all...
Thema:

White flickering while gaming in HDR

1. White flickering while gaming in HDR - Similar Threads - White flickering while

2. My Xbox series s isn't showing any color and everything is black and white.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s isn't showing any color and everything is black and white.: My Xbox series s isn't showing any color and everything is back and white. I tried everything to fix it but it isn't working. Kindly advise as what to do next. 7c93afc1-8d01-4e43-9874-bd362b3f542a
  3. Screen black and white

in XBoX on Consoles
    Screen black and white: When I turn my Xbox one on the screen is black and white. I would unplug and turn on and that would work sometimes but now it is just black and white I have not changed any settings I decided to...
  4. White light flickering like a photoflash on xbox series x connected to 4K monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    White light flickering like a photoflash on xbox series x connected to 4K monitor: I have a xbox series x which I used to play in fullHD monitor. I always wanted a 4k monitor and I finally got a samsung 32uj59 UHD 4k monitor and was really happy that now I can get the full...
  5. Random White Flicker?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Random White Flicker?: With my new Xbox Series X I encounter randomly occurring screen flicker/white flash while playing games or watching videos in 4K/60Hz with HDR enabled. The flicker/flashing is only for a second...
  6. White lines flicker across screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    White lines flicker across screen: This issue has been persistent with all games and i have tried many fixes. Every time i start a game, I get a problem where flickering white lines appear across my screen and whenever a cutscene...
  7. Xbox Series X HDR flicker/white flash at 4K/60Hz

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X HDR flicker/white flash at 4K/60Hz: Dear Sir/Madam, With my new Xbox Series X I encounter randomly occurring screen flicker/white flash while playing games or watching videos in 4K/60Hz with HDR enabled. The flicker/flashing is...
  8. Xbox Series X Disney Plus white flicker

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Disney Plus white flicker: After about a minute of using the Disney Plus app on Xbox Series X the Xbox starts to flicker white on the screen at regular intervalls, the issue persists even if you exit the app and keep the...
  9. Need some help, Series X screen white flash/flicker

in XboX Insiders
    Need some help, Series X screen white flash/flicker: Hey, I've been trying to get some help with a problem I'm having with my new Series X. I'm using a Samsung U32J590 4K 60hz monitor, I keep getting random white flashes on the screen, in game,...
  10. Constant White Snow Screen Flicker in ALL Applications

in XBoX on Consoles
    Constant White Snow Screen Flicker in ALL Applications: Hi, Im not sure if this is a known issue to MS but ever since the latest November update, it has made the system useless for myself. At any given time, if watching tv, playing a game, watching...