While playing Starfield on my Xbox Series X the game has very bad pixelation while playing...

Discus and support While playing Starfield on my Xbox Series X the game has very bad pixelation while playing... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; [img] I have tried all the troubleshooting steps for the game to resolve the issue of pixelation. (remove, re-install, power-off, HDMI cable change,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DLRossco, Sep 20, 2023.

1. DLRossco
    DLRossco Guest

While playing Starfield on my Xbox Series X the game has very bad pixelation while playing...

While playing Starfield on my Xbox Series X the game has very bad pixelation while playing... [​IMG]
    I have tried all the troubleshooting steps for the game to resolve the issue of pixelation. (remove, re-install, power-off, HDMI cable change, etc) I have attached a screenshot of the game experience, it is not good. The large black blocks strobe during the game while is am "outside" on the plants. Small pixels strobe on character faces and surfaces that I need to interact with. Not experiencing the issue with any other game at this time.

:)

DLRossco, Sep 20, 2023
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

While playing Starfield on my Xbox Series X the game has very bad pixelation while playing the game. Could this be a hardware issue with my GPU?

...I am chalking this up to compatible issues between the console and the tv in regards to the UDR and graphic.
    It's not that.

When you play from the cloud your console is simply playing back what is effectively an interactive video feed from another Xbox console based on a nearby server. If that console is working fine and your connection is good enough, in most cases you won't have any graphics issues.

What you're seeing here is your console suffering from a hardware failure. It will effect nearly all your games, no matter what your settings are or what display you are using. You'll need to get your console repaired.
  3. DLRossco Win User

While playing Starfield on my Xbox Series X the game has very bad pixelation while playing the game. Could this be a hardware issue with my GPU?

One thing I had not tried was to play the game from the cloud. It was the last option Bethesda suggested before closing the ticket. It resolved the pixelation issues I was having by playing the game from the cloud. Unfortunately the graphics are not as good as playing the game locally but the overall gaming experience is a 100% better as I don't have the strobing background. I am chalking this up to compatible issues between the console and the tv in regards to the UDR and graphic.
  4. DLRossco Win User

Thanks for the response however I have already exhausted my support through Bethesda. Their resolution was that it is an issue between the Xbox and the TV, they set my support ticket to solved. Basically it is not the game causing the issue. That is I am questioning the HW/GPU.
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

6. Daft Badger Win User

Starfield

Like i said,it will only run on the current gen consoles,the Series X/S.

The older gen consoles don't have the hardware to run Starfield.

The Xbox One X is a last gen console.Skyrim works as it was made for the Xbox 360 & upgraded to run on Xbox One consoles.

If you want to play Starfield the4n you'll either need to buy a Xbox Series X or S or play it via the cloud if you can.

It's been known that Starfield will only play on current gen consoles for quite a while.
Thema:

1. While playing Starfield on my Xbox Series X the game has very bad pixelation while playing... - Similar Threads - While playing Starfield

2. I lost my player career mode when I auto saved two careers while playing online. Can I get...

in XBoX on Windows
    I lost my player career mode when I auto saved two careers while playing online. Can I get...: Is there any way to get it back? 7b2f01a3-6268-4912-bdd3-af574b74e876
  3. My Xbox series s fan while playing fortnite gets loud but not that loud and I got it five...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox series s fan while playing fortnite gets loud but not that loud and I got it five...: Can you explain the to me why this is I’m scared if it’s broken or if it’s just fortnite 8cf8692e-1691-4c47-9d1c-9437e59e1920
  4. Among Us, playing from the cloud on mobile, is left thinking in a loop while looking for an...

in XboX Insiders
    Among Us, playing from the cloud on mobile, is left thinking in a loop while looking for an...: When I play using the cloud on my mobile it stays looking for online games in a loop. In the cloud console it works correctly. submitted by /u/xL3aMS1x [link] [comments]
  5. Explorer.exe seem reset itself while playing game after having freezing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Explorer.exe seem reset itself while playing game after having freezing: It's a little confusing how I explain it, but I'll explain what I can, so this is how every time I play games that are considered heavy, such as COD Modern Warfare 2019, Ghost of Tsushima, and...
  6. Series x keeps saying lost connection with controller while I’m playing like every 20...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x keeps saying lost connection with controller while I’m playing like every 20...: Series x keeps saying lost connection with controller while I’m playing like every 20 minutes is there a flaw in the system? 9012cfd8-a38f-45d4-b974-c21901092b3e
  7. For some reason i cannot log into xbox live while playing asphalt 9

in XBoX on Consoles
    For some reason i cannot log into xbox live while playing asphalt 9: It's really odd and annoying. I tried to start the game multiple times, no effect. b876c8e4-474e-4548-b6fa-508a33081dcc
  8. Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x: I’m trying to play my save on fallout 3, I’m signed to my account on the series x and connected to Xbox live but when i play the game my profile isn’t on the 360 dashboard and won’t let me...
  9. Going to home screen every 3 min while play starfield

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Going to home screen every 3 min while play starfield: Hi I had this problem after I updated to last version. Can't play the game normally, after 2 or 3 minutes ( most when I jump to another planet) game close and going to home screen. I disabled...
  10. Switching Consoles while playing Starfield On the gaming cloud

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Switching Consoles while playing Starfield On the gaming cloud: I’m playing Starfield on the gaming cloud on my Xbox 1 with no issues. If I decide to continue playing on a new Xbox x console and continue playing on the cloud gaming on game pass , will I lose...