Which Xbox One Should I Get- 500gb or 1tb

Discus and support Which Xbox One Should I Get- 500gb or 1tb in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, this is my first post and I don't know if I should post this here. Anyway, I'm hoping I get a Xbox One for Christmas but I don't know what size... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Garrett Thompson, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Which Xbox One Should I Get- 500gb or 1tb

Hello, this is my first post and I don't know if I should post this here. Anyway, I'm hoping I get a Xbox One for Christmas but I don't know what size of storage. For Xbox One game wise, I want to get GTA 5, Just Cause 3, Forza 5 and 6, and NFS 2015. I also
    have some Xbox 360 games. They are Forza 4, NBA 2k15, Forza Horizon 2, COD Ghosts, NFS The Run, TDU2, Just Cause 2, NFS Rivals, NFS Hot Pursuit, The Crew, F1 2012, Skate 3, BF3 and 4, NFS Shift, Far Cry 3, Forza Horizon 1, NFS Most Wanted, Dirt 3 (non-disc),
    Minecraft (non-disc), and Harm's Way. So my question is, what storage do I need for my Xbox One 500 gb or 1tb?

:)

Garrett Thompson, Nov 30, 2015
  2. drummerJ99
    drummerJ99 Guest
    Difference between 500GB and 1TB consoles

Was wondering aside form the hard drive space and games included, is there any difference between the 500GB and 1TB consoles? Plan on picking up a Xbox One this weekend at Best Buy but still kinda undecided on either the GOW 500GB bundle ($349) or the Tomb
    Raider 1tb bundle ($399). Is the only difference between the two the hard drive? Which would you recommend?

drummerJ99, Nov 30, 2015
  3. Xbox one s or Scorpio

Hey, Gizzmo! In the U.S., the launch edition 2TB Xbox One S will be available for $399 USD, the 1TB Xbox One S for $349 USD and 500GB Xbox One S for $299 USD. The 1TB and 500GB versions will be available for purchase after launch.

Misses Quinzel, Nov 30, 2015
  4. Which Xbox One Should I Get- 500gb or 1tb

Well, I just bought the 1 TB console, for $349.00 on sale and I love that console.

Just Boomer 1, Nov 30, 2015
  5. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest
    Personally, I would get the 500GB and get an external HDD for installing all the games on. That is the route I took and I am glad that is the path I decided on. Of course, that is a personal opinion and I am sure others here will feel differently.

I guess a lot of it depends on the bundles that you find that appeal to you. You really can't go wrong either way but if you don't want to purchase an external drive with all the games you are wanting to get you might better go with the 1TB console.

{Parity}, Nov 30, 2015
  6. I have the 500GB internal hard drive; mine is an older unit, with a 1 TB external hard drive for the games. For a media center, I have 2 networked 6 TB hard drives (that are not connected to the console directly) and have accessed the network drive to the
    console.

The advantages of having an external drive is you are not limited to a specific size of drive. As long as it meets the USB3 port, it can be used as a game hard drive.

GrinningBread92, Nov 30, 2015
  7. I'm still having a tough time choosing. Let me ask this, can a 500gb Xbox One hold all of those games that I listed. If not, I'll buy the 1tb instead because I don't want to buy an external hard drive.

Garrett Thompson, Dec 1, 2015
  8. Which Xbox One Should I Get- 500gb or 1tb

No, the 500gb is a joke. you will 100% need either an external hard drive or to buy the larger 1tb hard drive. External hard drives are just the cheaper option.

The Leuter 10, Dec 1, 2015
  9. You could buy the 500Gb and if you need more space buy the 1tb.

xAtlasGalaxyx, Dec 1, 2015
  10. When I had the 500gb Xbox One, all I had is 5 games and I had about 70gb of free space remaining. I bought a 1tb external hard drive to go with it. When I started getting more games and adding more apps, it worked okay but when it got closer to the new Xbox
    One Experience, I upgraded my 500gb to a 1tb Elite console because I still have a few of my 360 games. I got it for the more memory to hold my 360 collection as well as the titles become more available to Xbox One. The Elite console is also good because it
    starts up faster. Plus having the Elite controller coming with it doesn't hurt either.

Anyways, by the list of games you have already, I would go with the 1tb console for now just in case. Also, I think if you would get the 500 gb and then buy a 1tb external harddrive at the same time, it would be about the same amount if you would have just
    get the 1tb console. You can always get an external hard drive down the road.

I would feel safer with getting the 1tb instead of the 500gb and not having enough room. Its like rather be safe then sorry type of thing.

WeepySaucer9404, Dec 1, 2015
  11. Yeah, I'd agree with most that the 500GB is not enough...mainly because the system info takes up a lot of that space so even with the 1TB, you're not getting 1TB. I'd go with the 500GB for these reasons:

- I've seen 1TB portable drives for around $50 which seems to be the price difference between the 1TB and 500GB XBones at most places. That's 1.5 GB for the same price as the 1TB. The setup for it is extremely simple as well.

-The other advantage is that a portable drive uses USB3 which is faster than the SATA II connection the Xbox One's uses. It's not a dramatic difference by any means, but it cuts down slightly on load times.

-Generally the 500GB holiday bundles come packaged with more games than you can get with the 1TB bundles. Even if they are games you don't want, there's a market for the game codes/games that you can sell to offset (albeit slightly) the cost.

Bad Taco Meat, Dec 2, 2015
  12. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest
    IMO, If deciding to go with the 500 GB system and the external HDD then I would put a little more with it and get a larger external HDD than 1 GB. You sound like someone that plans on having a lot of games so you would probably be better suited with a larger
    external HDD.

{Parity}, Dec 2, 2015
  13. gds1972
    gds1972 Guest

I have a day one console and found that games I have installed to my external USB powered hard drive load quicker than the internal ones.

gds1972, Dec 2, 2015
  14. Ok thank you all for your help, I'll buy the 1tb just to be on the safe side.

Garrett Thompson, Dec 2, 2015
  15. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest
    Post back and let us know how it goes.

{Parity}, Dec 2, 2015
Thema:

1. Which Xbox One Should I Get- 500gb or 1tb - Similar Threads - Should 500gb 1tb

2. My xbox series x freeze, what should i do

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x freeze, what should i do: My xbox series x freeze, what should i do 63fb1f84-c986-4dcd-a10a-8765f66da65a
  3. Is there a fix or should i take it for repairs and what needs repairs.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a fix or should i take it for repairs and what needs repairs.: So my xbox one is running 40fps constantly and it is very unplayable. I havent used more than 50% of my storage, i have done hard and soft resets cleared cashes and more but nothing works. Is...
  4. Should my Xbox X be hot on the sides?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Should my Xbox X be hot on the sides?: I have had my Xbox for a while now and noticed that the sides of the box are heating up and getting hot when playing. The fan works fine and is blowing hot air out but the box is still heating up....
  5. I just got gifted from a different region, and i can't claim the gift. What should i do?...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I just got gifted from a different region, and i can't claim the gift. What should i do?...: My friend gifted me Minecraft from US region. But i can't claim it because i'm on a different region. What should i do? can anyone help?? 82117b44-9dc0-427e-a6a5-51ff38f7169c
  6. Should i wait for july 4th to buy a series x?

in XboX Insiders
    Should i wait for july 4th to buy a series x?: I have been looking into purchasing a new series x which are currently 10% off (going for $450) would it be best to wait for the 4th of july for a better sale? submitted by...
  7. Some ideas that xbox should have

in XboX Insiders
    Some ideas that xbox should have: So basically i’m a streamer and i can’t afford a pc but i can afford a xbox and i want 2 features that could help all xbox streamers a lot! Add streaming studios like OBS, twitch studio, &...
  8. I spilt water into my Xbox one S fan, what should I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I spilt water into my Xbox one S fan, what should I do?: Long story short, I went to get up think my water cup was empty but it turned out it had water in it. In which the water got into the consoles fan or vent area and on surface of the console, it...
  9. New games that should come on xbox cloud gaming

in XboX Insiders
    New games that should come on xbox cloud gaming: Me personally I think that xbox cloud gaming has done a good job bringing all the 2024 version of sports games back, but we need mortal kombat 1. I feel like it is essential to back the classic...
  10. An option to disable mandatory updates on games should be added

in XboX Insiders
    An option to disable mandatory updates on games should be added: Please, try to add an option to skip updates from games. I would love to be able to insert my disc and play, with the console online, without it pushing me to update in order for me to launch the...