Which xbox 360 should I buy?

Discus and support Which xbox 360 should I buy? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I want to get an xbox 360 elite off of amazon or Walmart, but is it okay to get used ones? Where can i find one with a jasper motherboard? I found a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NM Master, Nov 17, 2023.

1. NM Master
    NM Master Guest

I want to get an xbox 360 elite off of amazon or Walmart, but is it okay to get used ones? Where can i find one with a jasper motherboard? I found a lot on ebay, but nothing was showing up for xbox 360 elite with jasper motherboard any where else. Are there external lights for the xbox 360? I want to make it led, but modded xbox 360s are banned from xbox live. Thank you.

:)

NM Master, Nov 17, 2023
  2. Sodangidni Win User

Hello, NM. I'm Arturo, and I'll be glad to provide assistance with your inquiry today.

An Xbox 360 with the Jasper motherboard is a console that was produced after late 2008. In addition to that, to identify a new "Jasper" Xbox 360 you can look at the amperage/voltage rating of the unit: 12.1 amps equals a Jasper unit (65nm CPU, 65nm GPU).

If the Xbox 360 Elite listed on Amazon or Walmart doesn't include a picture showing the amperage/voltage rating or the date of manufacture, you can ask the seller to send you a picture of the back of the console.

Reference link:
    https://www.360-hq.com/xbox-tutorials-81.html

I hope you find this answer helpful to your inquiry. However, I'll remain attentive to your comments.

Thanks for your attention,

Arturo.

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  3. IRB Win User

Which XBox should I buy?

The Kinect games are pretty good but you will need to get an original Xbox one as you can no longer buy the adapters for it to work on the S or X models.

If you can live without Kinect and budget permits, go for an X.
  4. ArminatorX Win User

Which XBox should I buy?

...I know that there are xbox one and xbox x. I prefer xbox kinect games, ...
    I'm afraid you're out of luck for Kinect and Kinect games.

If you buy a Xbox One console new nowadays, the consoles don't have a dedicated Kinect port.

So you not only need the Kinect sensor, but also an Adapter. Both devices aren't produced anymore, and are also sold out in basically all stores.

The only way to get Kinect and an Adapter would be used devices from eBay and the likes, and usually for horrendous prices.

Also, there aren't a lot of Kinect games for the Xbox One. While Kinect was mandatory in 2013 when the Xbox One originally launched, there are some Kinect only games like Kinect Sports Rivals, or Disney Fantasia. And some games use Kinect for additional
    function, like taunting Zombies in Dead Rising 3.

And the Fitness app that could use the pulse sensing functions and body tracking for a fitness workout has been discontinued.

Then, after Microsoft made Kinect optional, there are only a handful of Indie games that use Kinect, and another Disney game for kids.

So as much as I love Kinect, due to the lack of support I can only recommend to not waste your money on Kinect nowadays.

Basically, you now have to decide between getting a Xbox One S or Xbox One X.

If you do have a 4K TV and want to have 4K graphics, then there is no way around the Xbox One X.

Even if you only have a "standard" 1080P TV, the Xbox One X can downsample 4K video, to make Xbox One X enhanced games look "smoother", by rendering a 4K image, and then compressing it to 1080p, which will have less "jaggy" lines compared to a natively rendered
    1080p image like on the Xbox One S.

However, the Xbox One X is of course more expensive than the Xbox One S.

If you don't care about 4K resolution, you can still get HDR enhanced game graphics on the Xbox One S. Everything that works on the Xbox One X will also work on the Xbox One S, but "only" in 1080p.

As for BluRay, both consoles will be able to play 4K BluRays in 4K. They will of course downsample to 1080p, if you don't own a 4K TV yet.

So, to sum it up:

If you REALLY have money to burn, get a Xbox One X new, and try to find your Kinect sensor and Kinect Adapter used.

If you have enough money for 4K hardware, or plan to upgrade to 4K in the forseeable future get the Xbox One X.

And if you want to be more sensible about spending money, and don't have a 4K display, simply get the Xbox One S.
  5. EXLEX Win User

Which XBox should I buy?

forget about kinect, the adapter isn't produced anymore.

best you wait a little, black friday sale is soon and the XB1 X should become cheaper anyway !
  6. brandiesel1 Win User

Which XBox should I buy?

Not much sense getting an S when an X is a lot better even without a 4k tv.
Thema:

1. Which xbox 360 should I buy? - Similar Threads - 360 should buy

2. My Xbox 360 will not power my controller what should I do

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 will not power my controller what should I do: My Xbox 360 will not power my controller what should I do 1d66ad3b-84c4-4e95-8c6a-c2a1021f5941
  3. I can't configure my Transcend HDD on my Xbox 360 and it shows an error. What should I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't configure my Transcend HDD on my Xbox 360 and it shows an error. What should I do?: I got an Xbox 360 from my friend earlier, and I want to connect my external HDD to that. The format of my HDD is FAT32, and it says it can make it suitable for my Xbox 360 and that I should...
  4. should traffic in be allowed for xbox 360 in modem firewall settings?

in XBoX on Consoles
    should traffic in be allowed for xbox 360 in modem firewall settings?: should traffic in be allowed for xbox360 in modem firewall settings? f6b91e7d-394a-44ca-aabc-055c5177d841
  5. Xbox-360 S, wireless controller not connecting to console, What should I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox-360 S, wireless controller not connecting to console, What should I do?: Xbox 360 S console and controller begin the syncing process, but the connection fails and the light becomes static or stops blinking. I have tried using usb contoller, it works, but wireless...
  6. We should be able to buy backwards compatible 360 games on the Xbox One.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    We should be able to buy backwards compatible 360 games on the Xbox One.: We should be able to buy backwards compatible 360 games on the Xbox One. I think that is a huge opportunity that Microsoft is leaving on the table. They could be the Free games with gold, the...
  7. Should I re-buy Xbox One versions of Xbox 360 games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Should I re-buy Xbox One versions of Xbox 360 games?: I'm thinking of getting an Xbox One to replace/supplement my current Xbox 360. If I purchased games, like Destiny, for the Xbox 360, is it worth rebuying the game in its Xbox One version to take...
  8. Should I buy an Xbox 360 or Xbox One?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Should I buy an Xbox 360 or Xbox One?: Hello, Not long before the new generation of console's launched, I was an Xbox 360 owner (I had 78,000 GamerScore) but I soon got into PC Gaming. Because of this my Xbox 360 collected dust for...
  9. Should I buy xbox 360 due to more kinect games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Should I buy xbox 360 due to more kinect games?: Hi, i am going to buy an xbox one but it has less kinect and its own games. And the biggest shock. THERE ISNT EVEN A SINGLE NARUTO GAME! I love naruto games but xbox one has not even one, then...
  10. Should I buy the Xbox wireless adapter or get a new 360 model?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Should I buy the Xbox wireless adapter or get a new 360 model?: So I have the noisy, white xbox. Soon im moving it into a room where i prefer to connect over wireless instead. It does have a few problems i've learned to deal with, such as sounding like an...