Which wireless network adapter should i buy?

Discus and support Which wireless network adapter should i buy? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So the xbox that i have is pretty old and i play throught my computer's monitor in order to have it near to my router/modem.But the quality is crappy... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by xN1ghtW1nDx, Feb 18, 2014.

1. xN1ghtW1nDx
    xN1ghtW1nDx Guest

So the xbox that i have is pretty old and i play throught my computer's monitor in order to have it near to my router/modem.But the quality is crappy and i want to it to my television on my living room with hdmi Which wireless network adapter should i buy? :p.Between my router and the living room
    is only one wall and and short distance.I only use internet on xbox for gaming.im not intersted on streaming and stuff like that only gaming.I checked for adapter and i found two.the one was relaesed on 2005 and supports a/b/g( i dont udnerstand what that
    means Which wireless network adapter should i buy? :p) and a second that soport aditionaly n.So what i should buy to play for example gta v,cod,bf or it doesnt matter?Please tell me because if there isnt much difrence i go buy the old one. Which wireless network adapter should i buy? :p (BTW dont recomend me customs sets only the adapter from microsoft)

:)

xN1ghtW1nDx, Feb 18, 2014
  2. GMAN990
    GMAN990 Guest
    Xbox 360 WiFi adapter solid red won't connect?

Hi,

Which adapter are you using?

See this page for help

support.xbox.com/.../wireless-network-adapter

It either isn't being recognised or ready to connect, depending on which adapter you have

GMAN990, Feb 18, 2014
  3. xboxfelix
    xboxfelix Guest
    Connect a wireless adapter (original Xbox 360 console only)

If you want to enjoy the Xbox LIVE entertainment experience, you have to first connect an Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter to your original Xbox 360 console.

Steps to Follow

1) Use the plastic tabs on the adapter to secure it into the slots at the back of your console.

2) Plug the USB cable of the adapter into the USB port of your console.

3) If you have any network cable plugged into the back of your console you should unplug it.

4) Flip up the antennae of the wireless adapter and check the light on it. If the light is green, you are ready to proceed to the next step.

If there is no green light on the adapter, you have to troubleshoot it.

If you have a Kinetic sensor, you should read instructions for Extension cables and USB hubs with the Kinetic sensor.

xboxfelix, Feb 18, 2014
  4. Auswulf
    Auswulf Guest

If it is only around the corner and short distance away from your router id personally just use a long ethernet cable to connect your xbox to the interne. Most computer and electronic shops have them, be sure to get a Cat 6 fibre optic ethernet cable. A,B,G
    and N are all wireless connection signal speeds. If look at your router to see if it supports N, id get the N adapter for your console if your router is compatible with N connections if you want to go the wireless route. Wireless G is okay for gaming but isn't
    as good as N type connections. Personally if your television is just around the corner id go and get a good quality ethernet cable.

Auswulf, Feb 18, 2014
  5. xN1ghtW1nDx
    xN1ghtW1nDx Guest
    well one reason that i want to take an adapter is that beside i want it on my living room the ethernet port is a bit broken.an i get disconects pretty offen.I read that g and n giving more less the same perfomance on online gaming,and n is way better for
    streaming.As i said i only care about gaming.If it is more les the save i want to save some of the money to buy a game Which wireless network adapter should i buy? :p

xN1ghtW1nDx, Feb 18, 2014
  6. Auswulf
    Auswulf Guest
    Ah ok fair enough just go for what you can afford and get a G adapter for your 360. Also I forgot to mention the N band signal also offers more signal coverage but you probably don't need to worry about that either as your router is only around the corner
    from your television. Nether or less whatever you decide on both adapters will do what you need them to do. The only thing you might need to worry about (though rare) is other devices that could potentially block the signal if used at the same. Some microwaves,
    wireless headsets and lawn mowers can possibly disrupt the wireless signal if they work on a similar frequency as the adapter. Just keep that in mind when using a wireless connection.

Auswulf, Oct 31, 2018
  7. Auswulf Win User

If it is only around the corner and short distance away from your router id personally just use a long ethernet cable to connect your xbox to the interne. Most computer and electronic shops have them, be sure to get a Cat 6 fibre optic ethernet cable. A,B,G
    and N are all wireless connection signal speeds. If look at your router to see if it supports N, id get the N adapter for your console if your router is compatible with N connections if you want to go the wireless route. Wireless G is okay for gaming but isn't
    as good as N type connections. Personally if your television is just around the corner id go and get a good quality ethernet cable.
  8. xN1ghtW1nDx Win User

well one reason that i want to take an adapter is that beside i want it on my living room the ethernet port is a bit broken.an i get disconects pretty offen.I read that g and n giving more less the same perfomance on online gaming,and n is way better for
    streaming.As i said i only care about gaming.If it is more les the save i want to save some of the money to buy a game :p
  9. Auswulf Win User

Ah ok fair enough just go for what you can afford and get a G adapter for your 360. Also I forgot to mention the N band signal also offers more signal coverage but you probably don't need to worry about that either as your router is only around the corner
    from your television. Nether or less whatever you decide on both adapters will do what you need them to do. The only thing you might need to worry about (though rare) is other devices that could potentially block the signal if used at the same. Some microwaves,
    wireless headsets and lawn mowers can possibly disrupt the wireless signal if they work on a similar frequency as the adapter. Just keep that in mind when using a wireless connection.
  10. taidara Win User

Xbox won't connect through cell phone WIFI hot spot

Greetings!

Just to clearify one thing. For example, the internal wireless N network adapter do not have the same chip, nor the same driver as the external wireless N network adapter. So basically, you can not compare these two with each other. There are cases which the
    internal N adapter can not connect to certain wireless gateway's where the external N adapter can without any issues. In such cases, the wireless gateway's firmware are not compatible with the internal wireless N adapter. The first thing one should do is try
    to update the router's firmware (if this is possible).

Do you still have the external wireless network adapter?
  11. iEndR Win User

slim broken wifi???

What if i just buy a wireless n network adapter??
Thema:

1. Which wireless network adapter should i buy? - Similar Threads - wireless network adapter

2. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  3. My xbox series x does not connect to the Internet at all. No wireless networks appear on it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x does not connect to the Internet at all. No wireless networks appear on it: The Internet works fine on everything else. ead1a9fe-d0af-4431-9005-424964e655e8
  4. Forget Wireless Network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forget Wireless Network: When attempting to login to my WiFi, it fails. For some reason even though my Xbox was connected last night when I played, today it says my password is wrong. I tried selecting ‘go offline’ and...
  5. Wow, the Xbox remembers up to ten wireless networks now in Alpha ring

in XboX Insiders
    Wow, the Xbox remembers up to ten wireless networks now in Alpha ring: Just found it out reading the last release notes. submitted by /u/Pschirki [link] [comments]
  6. Can't connect to wireless network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to wireless network: Never had a problem connecting to the network on my series x. I've had it 2 yrs already. Now whenever I try to put my password in it won't connect. My wifi password is correct. All other devices...
  7. Is there a driver to pc for a "Xbox 360 WIFI Wireless Network Adapter" ? so that i use it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a driver to pc for a "Xbox 360 WIFI Wireless Network Adapter" ? so that i use it...: Is there a driver to pc for a "Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adapter" ? so that i use it on my computer so i put in my pc the xbox 360 wifi adapter, and it show up under my device manager, but The...
  8. Xbox 360 E says I need wireless network adapter?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 E says I need wireless network adapter?: So I have my Xbox 360 E and I wanted to connect it to internet because I heard that the Xbox 360 E has it built in so I don’t. Need to buy any extra stuff but when I try connecting it to my WiFi...
  9. Every time I turn on my series x it disconnects from my wireless network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Every time I turn on my series x it disconnects from my wireless network: I can eventually get it to sometimes connect after typing in the correct password and attempting to connect numerous times. The signal strength of my wireless network shows up as 4 bars when...
  10. not able to connect to my wireless network

in XBoX on Consoles
    not able to connect to my wireless network: i want to connect to my wireless network but when i click on ‘set up wireless network’ none of the available connections show up help c85f6820-475c-4935-8fcb-a995801b74b7