Which should I get: Xbox One S or Xbox One X or neither and wait for the next console update?

Discus and support Which should I get: Xbox One S or Xbox One X or neither and wait for the next console update? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I currently have an OG Xbox One with Kinect and I ennjoy the voice commands, but I want to upgrade to a newer, smaller Xbox One. I do not own a 4K TV,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DavidVanDamage, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Which should I get: Xbox One S or Xbox One X or neither and wait for the next console update?

I currently have an OG Xbox One with Kinect and I ennjoy the voice commands, but I want to upgrade to a newer, smaller Xbox One. I do not own a 4K TV, but plan ot do so in the next year. I pre-ordered Fallout 76, but I am still deciding on other games like
    Rise of the Tomb Raider, Battlefield V, and Red Dead Redemption 2. Let me know your thoughts.

:)

DavidVanDamage, Aug 19, 2018
  2. Xbox One X vs Xbox One S

Should I get the Xbox One X or the Xbox One S?

I know both consoles are 4K streaming and graphics display but should I buy a Xbox One S now or wait for the Xbox One X when it comes out in November?

maythe4bewithu, Aug 19, 2018
  3. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    Can get my shipping label, need help

Lol,you are not going to get an xbox one x as a replacement for a xbox one s.

You'll either get the same console back or a replacement xbox one s which wont be a new console either.

Daft Badger, Aug 19, 2018
  4. Which should I get: Xbox One S or Xbox One X or neither and wait for the next console update?

Hi, You should purchase whichever console you can afford.

StuartATrueRed, Aug 19, 2018
  5. I would like to add that if you want to get the best gaming experience (and since you plan on getting a 4K display) that an X is a great choice. It's definitely high-end purchase, but if you take your entertainment seriously, you won't regret it. I just
    upgraded from an OG to an X 4 months ago.

InCaudaVenenum, Aug 19, 2018
  6. Arminator
    Arminator Guest
    I also had a Xbox One (the Day One edition) with Kinect.

I skipped the Xbox One S, as I mainly play games on the console, and the "upgrade" to 4K video content wasn't enough, as I didn't own a 4K TV. And since they already announced the Xbox One X (back then codenamed Project Scorpio) that promised more graphical
    fidelity, I waited for that.

So, I bought the Xbox One X in November 2017. Even if you don't have a 4K TV (yet), the downsampling the Xbox One X does, improves the graphics even on 1080p devices.

If you have the chance to try a Xbox One X at a friends house, or maybe in a store, there is a free demo app called "Insects" where you can toggle 4K, HDR and spatial surround on and off (in case the TV supports 4K and HDR). If the TV is "only" a 1080p TV,
    you can still toggle 4K to see the difference in clarity and sharpness between the 1080p rendered graphics and the 4K downsampled graphics.

And for me, the graphical difference was worth the upgrade to the Xbox One X.

Also, since you say you plan to get a 4K TV, you should get the One X, as the One S only supports 4K video from UHD BluRays or Streaming services like Netflix or Amazon. The One S does not support 4K gaming.

Be aware however, that Microsoft doesn't produce the Kinect Adapter any more, as the X and S models don't have the dedicated Kinect port anymore. So your only option to use Kinect on the X or S, is to buy such an adapter used from eBay or the likes.

Arminator, Aug 19, 2018
  7. M3tal Daz3
    M3tal Daz3 Guest
    Make a choice between what you want and what you can afford and go with this last

M3tal Daz3, Aug 19, 2018
  8. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest

Which should I get: Xbox One S or Xbox One X or neither and wait for the next console update?

Honestly, stick with the OG if it still works, especially if you still use the Kinect. You cannot use it on the S or X unless you buy a discontinued adaptor which people are selling online for a few hundred bucks. Using the headphones to use voice commands
    to Cortana sucks and doesn't work.

A new console will probably be out in 2020 so I would wait.

brandiesel1, Aug 20, 2018
  9. Buzzdfatkid
    Buzzdfatkid Guest
    If you can afford the X I would def go with that model especially because it is top in the game currently. If not the S definitely will do for the lower price ranges. Not loosing that much power for the price point.

Buzzdfatkid, Nov 3, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: