Which Qos settings is better for my Xbox one for online gaming?

Discus and support Which Qos settings is better for my Xbox one for online gaming? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Is it better for the xbox one to use its DSCP tagging setting to prioritize packets Wi-Fi/wired or is it better to use the eero router’s optimize... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by nehemiahblyler, Oct 19, 2023.

1. Which Qos settings is better for my Xbox one for online gaming?

Is it better for the xbox one to use its DSCP tagging setting to prioritize packets Wi-Fi/wired or is it better to use the eero router’s optimize gaming setting? I’m asking because I’m also curious how the eero optimize gaming setting works if it doesn’t even ask for the Xbox one’s ip address so I think it doesn’t seem right have both QOS settings turned on both Xbox one and eero devices.

Any help I would like to thank you and enjoy your day.

:)

nehemiahblyler, Oct 19, 2023
  2. RichieB_ Win User

Hello nehemiahblyler,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. RichieB_ Win User

Hi nehemiahblyler,

Greetings!

Thank you for publishing in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you need help with having a better QoS settings on your Xbox console for online gaming.

We have a support article that will give you all the accurate information about the network settings on your Xbox console. You may check this support article link: Learn more: About advanced network settings | Xbox Support

I hope the information you will help you to figure out what is the best QoS settings for your Xbox console.

We look forward to your response.

Cheers,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. PhloydBarnum Win User

Giving Xbox internet priority?

What you are talking about is setting up Quality of Service (QoS) via your router. There are a couple of post regarding this on the internet, specific to your router:

www.dslreports.com/.../r25986592-modem-router-How-to-configure-Westell-7500-QoS-settings-

answers.yahoo.com/.../index

-----------------------

Unfortunately, these posts and others I found make me believe that your Westell 7500 router does not have the QoS settings you need. One poster said that the Westfell router appears to only be able to prioritize VoIP (Voice over Internet). I think you
    need a newer router with better QoS support. I don't recommend specific brands in these forums; so search the internet for "router qos gaming".

-----------------------

To configure QoS and prioritize your Xbox, you need to enter its MAC address into the appropriate setting on your router.

1. On your Xbox dashboard, scroll to the right to settings, select system settings.

2. Select Network Settings

3. Try to connect to ASCWifi, it will fail.

4. Select "Configure network", you should be able to find your MAC address under network configuration.
  5. DISCUSSXBL Win User

Xbox Networking QoS Tagging Settings

I use port 3074 Dns settings are set automatically. This issue started after QoS was introduced. I see other people are experiencing the same problem . I do not understand technology .Which is why I pay for a added service provided by my isp that handles my QoS features
  6. ElGaToL Win User

Xbox one lagging

I Set my QoS on Xbox one too still down work plus did a lot research too
Thema:

1. Which Qos settings is better for my Xbox one for online gaming? - Similar Threads - Qos settings better

2. High packet loss and QoS not working, can anyone give me any tips to fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    High packet loss and QoS not working, can anyone give me any tips to fix it?: I know what packet loss is, but I don't understand why only certain games I play are experiencing it, when it happens I do the network speed and stats test and it shows that I only have 1% packet...
  3. New Qos Settings (Wondering on wether to use them or not)

in XboX Insiders
    New Qos Settings (Wondering on wether to use them or not): I play on a heavily congested internet. I use ethernet yet the packet loss, jitter and latency are lacking. I am unsure if i should enable any of these QoS settings on my xbox to try and get...
  4. Wired connection, gigabit internet, ports forwarded, NAT type open, QoS disabled -- Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wired connection, gigabit internet, ports forwarded, NAT type open, QoS disabled -- Xbox...: With how large games are now, this is becoming a bit frustrating. Have even turned QoS back on & no improvement in download speed. Does anyone have the answer? No other games are running. Edit:...
  5. Xbox Networking QoS Tagging Settings

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Networking QoS Tagging Settings: Since the QoS Tagging Settings was updated to my Xbox , it is hard to play games when it makes your latency go from 170 to any where between 240 .I have no need for it as I already pay my internet...
  6. can somebody explain these new QOS Tagging settings

in XboX Insiders
    can somebody explain these new QOS Tagging settings: Noticed they added some new settings to the advance WiFi settings. -QOS Tagging settings- -DSCP Tagging -WMM Tagging I tried Googling it but no luck, I have a pretty good router too so I'm sure...
  7. Specifics ports for chat on XBox One that can be QoS/DSCP prioritized?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Specifics ports for chat on XBox One that can be QoS/DSCP prioritized?: I'd like to be able to prioritize voice chat traffic coming from my XBox One (either via XBox chat or Fortnite chat). Are there specific ports I could reference to tag packets with DSCP or (better...
  8. Help with QoS setup on Actiontec Q1000

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help with QoS setup on Actiontec Q1000: I am having alot of latency issues with online. To get a couple questions out of the way first, Yes, the Q1000 powers everything, No, I don't have an additional router that it's bridged to....
  9. Setting up QOS on xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Setting up QOS on xbox 360: So basically i want to set up my QOS to give my xbox 360 highest priority and i have read everything on the internet but nothing seems to be clear as im not tech savy. here are a few pictures of...
  10. How to Set Up QoS for my Xbox One?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to Set Up QoS for my Xbox One?: I'm currently in the process of optimizing my Xbox One's network capabilities. I live in a very full house with many different bandwith users. While my Xbox One connection is still good, as we...