Which profile on which Xbox needs to be set as the home Xbox?

Discus and support Which profile on which Xbox needs to be set as the home Xbox? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I’m so sorry if this is a dumb question, but I feel dumb not knowing how to figure it out on my own anyway. I have two Xboxes. One is mine at my... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Krismico, Oct 29, 2023.

1. Krismico
    Krismico Guest

I’m so sorry if this is a dumb question, but I feel dumb not knowing how to figure it out on my own anyway.

I have two Xboxes. One is mine at my apartment. I gave my old one to my mom to use at her house. I pay for game pass. A while back, I had to reset my Xbox. Since then, we have been unable to play games at the same time.

My Xbox only has my profile. Mom’s Xbox has her profile and mine (since it’s my old Xbox).

Which Xbox do I need to make the home Xbox? Does it need to be different for each profile?

:)

Krismico, Oct 29, 2023
  2. ngocphi Win User

The purchase profile.

You can have multiple profiles have your console set as home BUT only one home console can be set per profile at a time
  3. Krismico Win User

Okay sorry if I’m still not getting it. I don’t know why I can’t comprehend it. Lol

But to clarify:

My profile (game pass buyer) on my console (series S) needs to be set as home Xbox.

My mom’s profile on her console (Xbox one) needs to be set as home Xbox. My profile on that console does not.
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

If you want your Mom to play your games, including game pass, then you will have to set her console as the home console using your account. If you want to play your Mom's games on your console, then you will need to get your Mom to log in on your console and make your console the home console.
  5. Captain Gini Win User

Digital Game Share between 2 units

She can, but you need to set the profile that bought the game as Home Xbox on the console on which it will play, which in this case is the secondary console of the account that purchased the game, if not set as Home Xbox, this profile is required to be
    connected and online so your daughter can play
  6. Captain Gini Win User

Digital Game Share between 2 units

She can, but you need to set the profile that bought the game as Home Xbox on the console on which it will play, which in this case is the secondary console of the account that purchased the game, if not set as Home Xbox, this profile is required to be
    connected and online so your daughter can play
Thema:

1. Which profile on which Xbox needs to be set as the home Xbox? - Similar Threads - profile needs set

2. State not in the options for Billing/Profile Address

in XBoX Accessibility
    State not in the options for Billing/Profile Address: I currently live somewhere in the NMI (Northern Mariana Islands), and the state is not shown as an option when I am required to make a profile/billing address to check out. This makes it...
  3. Error code 80072741....trying to download....AGAIN....my profile to my 360....i have all...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 80072741....trying to download....AGAIN....my profile to my 360....i have all...: All the details are in the question....cant get ant help from support as they don't offer a chat option for this issue and the AI is dumb 88af6598-6393-44f5-9a6c-1042b508c4be
  4. Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?: My avatar hasn't displayed on my profile for months. Xbox changed the way they store items you had in your activity feed as a money grab to get PC users to buy into their Office products,...
  5. Can I make a fan made Xbox profile

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I make a fan made Xbox profile: I wanna make a Xbox fan made profile picture and want to send it to you so you can make it an official Xbox profile cf4ffc54-4739-4926-b3b5-c328ccdf616e
  6. When I try to sign in to the xbox 360 emulator it says that there’s no profile associated...

in XBoX on Windows
    When I try to sign in to the xbox 360 emulator it says that there’s no profile associated...: When I try to sign in to the xbox 360 emulator it says that there’s no profile associated with my email even though it has one I've tried everything and it still says it...
  7. I didn't receive the Xbox live gold badge. On my profile for tcb87

in XboX Insiders
    I didn't receive the Xbox live gold badge. On my profile for tcb87: I didn't receive the Xbox, live gold badge. for tcb87 for my profile. submitted by /u/Beginning_Canary_160 [link] [comments]
  8. party icon isnt showing up on friends profile

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    party icon isnt showing up on friends profile: About a week and a half ago friend a on their xbox profile it stopped showing the headphones icon next to their name signifying that they're in a party. I can't view who's in their party or join...
  9. Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x: I’m trying to play my save on fallout 3, I’m signed to my account on the series x and connected to Xbox live but when i play the game my profile isn’t on the 360 dashboard and won’t let me...
  10. I can’t edit my profile info. It’s blocked from changing it and I need to change my country

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can’t edit my profile info. It’s blocked from changing it and I need to change my country: When I click on edit profile information all the boxed are dark grey and uneditable. I need to change this from United States to United Kingdom My Microsoft account won’t link with my Xbox...