Where to find a new official MS brand 360 Slim Power Supply?

Discus and support Where to find a new official MS brand 360 Slim Power Supply? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Anybody know where I could order an official MS brand 360 Slim Power Supply brick? Mine has been starting to make a lot of noise lately. I keep it (and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Atryeu, Apr 13, 2023.

1. Atryeu
    Atryeu Guest

Anybody know where I could order an official MS brand 360 Slim Power Supply brick? Mine has been starting to make a lot of noise lately. I keep it (and all my other electronics) sprayed out once a month with some compressed air, it's in an open enough area for plenty of air flow and I keep a small fan near the system to provide some extra air to help with any overheating (although the PSU is not hot and only slightly warm to the touch on the bottom after a play session of multiple hours). I've been trying to do some searching online and anytime I think I find an "official" PSU reviews say it's a knockoff if I dig through them enough. A friend had to get a 3rd party PSU recently for his and I do have the link for what he went with which seems to be working for him so far but I'm reluctant to do 3rd party and would prefer an official brand name one if anybody knows where I can find one to buy online from the USA if I can.

Because I know it will be brought up by that "one" person somewhere, no I'm not upgrading my system. Not everybody can for a variety of reasons, mine being highly metered bandwidth where I live and next gen systems all require far too much bandwidth usage so I'm sticking to my Xbox 360 as long as I'm stuck with this internet.

As a side note my console itself is running fine still, it is only the PSU that is suddenly having the issue. Again, no overheating that I've noticed, it's only slightly warm underneath. The noise is what is me concerned at this time. It sounds fine at startup but within less than 5 minutes the sound starts in and it's enough where I can just hear it over the top of my little fan near it. Turning the fan off the noise is quite loud and doesn't sound right. It also appears the sound is coming from the front half of the PSU (with the LED) as far as I can tell, not the back half.

Anyway, if anybody knows where I could find an official MS brand PSU for a 360 Slim (a new one preferred obviously) within the USA I'd appreciate it! That 3rd party one is a last resort kind of deal but it's getting to that point real fast I think.

:)

Atryeu, Apr 13, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Welcome to the community.

Hello Atryeu, unfortunately it is not possible, the Xbox 360 has been discontinued and spare parts are no longer produced or even the console for sale.

In fact, with the exception of the new generation, all consoles have been discontinued and are no longer produced.

As you want an original power supply, perhaps you should take it to a service center and see if there is any kind of repair for it.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

It's highly unlikely you'll get an official one anymore, anything being sold as new is going to be not only a knock off but potentially dangerous.

Have you thought about getting your old power supply repaired instead? It's not like these power supplies use special no longer available parts. Cables, fans and electrolytic capacitors can be replaced by a trained electronics person. I would not attempt this yourself though. PSU's can hold potentially lethal charges, even when off for hours.

I'm afraid I can't recommend anyone or business as I'm from the United Kingdom.
  4. Atryeu Win User

I can vouch for the computers as I have 30 years experience building and repairing them myself as well. I have several old PCs still that work, my oldest is a Tandy 1000 haha.

Thanks for the info. I did stop by the local Gamestop on my way home and they don't sell anything 360 anymore it seems which only leaves that other little local game store left for those sort of purchases, if they ever reopen. There are no repair shops in town locally so my only option is the guy I know and again, he was trained to work with electronics and did so for over 20 years. He's just not careful about opening/closing things up and tends to damage anything he works on if it isn't work related.

Thanks again for the replies.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi ,

I figured there would be somewhere out there selling unopened copies. People stockpile the weirdest things sometimes.
    Sadly electronics degrade over time. Even if they haven't been used for many years. Power supplies are no different. So, even if you were lucky to find a new one, never opened/used, it still won't last as long as a new one.

I say about PSU's being repaired, and I must add again, repaired by trained electronic/electrical experts, because there are many thousands of older console's and computer's still out there much older than the 360 that owe their continued existence to being repaired/serviced.
  6. Atryeu Win User

Hi Obsessive Power,

I figured there would be somewhere out there selling unopened copies. People stockpile the weirdest things sometimes.

Somebody in the family was actually an instrument mechanic and has experience with all that but they are not always very careful about avoiding damage if it wasn't a work related project so I try not to ask them if I can help it -_- I can ask them but again, I'm reluctant because they tend to damage a lot of what they are trying to fix now days.

Thanks for the help. Also I didn't mean to give you a "No" on the feedback, that was aimed at the other person that claims you can't find parts for the 360 anymore because you can -_-

I'm off to an appointment and going to see if I can stop by the local Gamestop real quick and see if they might have a used one at least as backup just in case but from their site they don't see them carry much for 360 stuff anymore. I miss our other local game store. They haven't reopened yet but they would carry one for sure :(

Thanks again!
Thema:

1. Where to find a new official MS brand 360 Slim Power Supply? - Similar Threads - Where find official

2. where do I find the code for the roblox digital card

in XBoX on Windows
    where do I find the code for the roblox digital card: I used my rewards points to get a Roblox digital card for 100 robux in rewards but I don't know how to redeem it on Roblox and I can't find the code for the card f7ca1fc4-e4c1-4ac8-b1a9-df636508ea41
  3. I don't know where to find the code for my Xbox gift card

in XBoX on Consoles
    I don't know where to find the code for my Xbox gift card: I don't know where to find the code for my Xbox gift card ca6ea607-809d-4bb8-aca0-8849803a2ac7
  4. Where can I find figment save files?

in XBoX on Windows
    Where can I find figment save files?: I want to move the save files of Figment: Journey into the mind but cannot seem to find the save files anywhere. fb74c236-e670-4b44-91ae-95314a1064a1
  5. Where do I find the service request number?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where do I find the service request number?: I put in a warranty on an Xbox elite series 2 custom from the design lab. The packing instructions say the I need to write the service request number on the box. Neither of the 2 emails I've been...
  6. I just redeemed minecoins I bought. Where can I find them?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I just redeemed minecoins I bought. Where can I find them?: I just redeemed minecoins I bought. Where can I find them? 7765f419-a310-46d8-925d-da096e6b450a
  7. where can i find fc 24?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    where can i find fc 24?: I can't find the games in the library. I bought fc 24 inside my fifa 23, the purchase was successful, but I can't find the game anywhere. 03210eee-fff6-4892-b21f-f149db92622a
  8. where do i find it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    where do i find it: i bought fifa 24 off the fifa 23 app and the purchase went throught but i cant find the game anywhere 94c22642-a8b9-425d-870f-c3a21b4627b1
  9. Game I redeemed with digital code is no where to be found on my system. Where can I find it?

in XBoX on Windows
    Game I redeemed with digital code is no where to be found on my system. Where can I find it?: Ok. So this is silly of me…or not. I redeemed a digital code for a new game for my son. However, I redeemed the code through my cell phone. I was prompted that the game would be automatically...
  10. Where is the https://www.mirosoft.com/link website i can't find it?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Where is the https://www.mirosoft.com/link website i can't find it?: I can't get into the website to link my xbox series s using the 8 digit code. 1f37de6c-617d-4bd9-b226-3edab70f053e