Where to buy an official Xbox One S power cord?

Discus and support Where to buy an official Xbox One S power cord? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I understand that the Xbox One S uses a standard figure 8 power cable, however, I have had issues with third party cables in the past. How can I get an... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by iyiyi, Jul 14, 2023.

1. iyiyi
    iyiyi Guest

I understand that the Xbox One S uses a standard figure 8 power cable, however, I have had issues with third party cables in the past. How can I get an official power cable for the Xbox One S? (the one that comes with the system in the box). Thank you

:)

iyiyi, Jul 14, 2023
  2. iyiyi Win User

OEM xbox cables aren't basement bargain cheap cables at all. The quality and look/feel of an OEM power cable from Microsoft or Sony, etc. is much much higher than anything you get from Amazon, Monoprice, etc.

I highly doubt I'm the only person who would want to buy that quality of cable as a replacement for an expensive video game console.

Is there not even a way to know what manufacturer Microsoft uses at least? Could anybody here post a pic of the writing on a genuine cable by chance?
  3. Tezzarrific Win User

the 360 uses a kettle lead not a figure 8 cable.
  4. iyiyi Win User

Quality control varies greatly when it comes to electronics and different manufacturers, etc.

Microsoft has standards for which manufacturers, cable qualities and certifications they require when shipping a cable with a system.

They say to use the cable that came with the system for a reason.

I'm very surprised I seem to be the only one questioning this. Probably being paranoid, but electrical hazards are not something to mess with and I am just simply not comfortable buying whatever random figure 8 cable is on Amazon.

Guess I'm holding out that there is some way to get a cable directly from Microsoft. I know they must have them for system repairs, etc.
  5. iyiyi Win User

Thanks. I have had issues with them just stop working and issues with them sparking more when plugging in (like they are drawing too much current). But most importantly Microsoft says to only use the cable that came with the Xbox, and I am guessing that is for a specific reason. I don't want to mess with any possible electric hazards.
  6. Tezzarrific Win User

I use any figure 8 cable, here in the UK I just make sure to replace the fuse from 3 amp to 5 amp, obviously in the US or other countries you don't have fuses in the plugs of cable.

What issues have you had in the past, a figure 8 cable is just that a figure 8 cable, there are no real differences at all.
Thema:

1. Where to buy an official Xbox One S power cord? - Similar Threads - Where buy official

2. Where to buy a new lead from the power block to the xbox console S series?.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where to buy a new lead from the power block to the xbox console S series?.: Every time I find one it says it is not for the S series. Can you let me know what I need to look for or where to buy one in the UK please? ac6d36ce-7605-4960-989c-9e4b0c55a745
  3. Does anyone know where I could buy replacement magnets for my elite series 2 controller?

in XboX Insiders
    Does anyone know where I could buy replacement magnets for my elite series 2 controller?: 3 of my magnets broke so I’m trying to find replacements and i don’t want to buy a whole new controller. submitted by /u/crackheadflorida [link] [comments]
  4. Replacement hard drive for Xbox one. Where to buy?

in XboX Insiders
    Replacement hard drive for Xbox one. Where to buy?: Can anyone share a link to buy replacement hard drive for Xbox one please? Thanks submitted by /u/uvasag [link] [comments]
  5. Where to buy buttons / switches for xbox adaptive controller?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Where to buy buttons / switches for xbox adaptive controller?: Hi I have an xbox accessibility controller (the big rectangle controller) for a disabled friend and was wondering where do I buy switches / additional buttons to plug into the controller...
  6. Where can I buy The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct on digital format?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Where can I buy The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct on digital format?: Hi there community, I used to play this awesome game "TWD: Survival Instinct" on xbox 360, I had it in disk format but now the disk is broken and I can't find it on the store. Is it available to...
  7. Where can I buy a cooling fan for the Xbox one (I have the white xbox with the black plate...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where can I buy a cooling fan for the Xbox one (I have the white xbox with the black plate...: I’m just looking to see where I can buy a cooling stand, with the controller charger included, specifically for my system, I keep accidentally getting the ones for s and x series....
  8. Where is the cheapest and most reliable place you can buy a digital Xbox Live Gold code?

in XboX Insiders
    Where is the cheapest and most reliable place you can buy a digital Xbox Live Gold code?: Where is the cheapest and most reliable place you can buy a digital Xbox Live Gold code? submitted by /u/ThaEmceeToby [link] [comments]
  9. If I where to buy a AI 4k tracking webcam that states that it’s only compatible for pc and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    If I where to buy a AI 4k tracking webcam that states that it’s only compatible for pc and...: I wanted to know so that I don’t waste my money d12c5cc4-b520-4129-9436-debb304d24ac
  10. Where can I buy jurassic park the game 360 version for cheap?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Where can I buy jurassic park the game 360 version for cheap?: I looked around, Microsoft has it but not sold separately, looked on Amazon but either it was 30.00 or 80.00. I don't want to pay a insane price for a game that's been out for around 20 yrs....