where the install button should be is a sad face

Discus and support where the install button should be is a sad face in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to download New Super Lucky's Tale on PC game pass, but where the install button should be is a sad face. I tried restore the settings... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Давид Тихоненко, Mar 2, 2023.

1. where the install button should be is a sad face

I am trying to download New Super Lucky's Tale on PC game pass, but where the install button should be is a sad face.

I tried restore the settings through Settings - Applications and features - Additional options - Restore

Looked at the update via Microsoft Store - Update on Xbox App - but it still doesn't help.

and there isn't even a "remove game" or "install" button.

I am from Ukraine, I've bought a Game Pass through Xbox Insider Hub.

:)

Давид Тихоненко, Mar 2, 2023
  2. OpticRJames Win User

Hi there. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

Please try the steps one at a time to resolve the issue.

Solution 1: Repair the Gaming Services app.

Please go to Settings > Apps > Apps Features. Select Gaming Services, then click Advanced options. Click the repair button, try launching the game again using the Xbox app and see if it works.

Solution 2: Uninstall and reinstall the Gaming Services App

Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.

In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.

Restart your device and try to install the game again.

Solution 3: Try changing the region of your device to United States and see if that sorts it out.

Select Start > Settings > Time & Language > Language & Region.

Under Country or region, select your new region.
  3. Crux Cross Win User

Sea of thieves not available on game pass?

I reset both the Xbox app and the Microsoft Store app and reset my computer. But the sad face is still where the install button should be.
  4. Rostom L Win User

there is a sad face where the install should be on astroneer

Hi Stephen!

Please reset your Microsoft Store. You may also check for your Windows updates and check your date, time & location.

Follow the guide here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...

Don't forget to reset your Xbox app as well.

Select Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features.
    Select the More icon next to the app you want to fix.
    Select the Advanced options link under the name of the app (some apps don't have this option). On the page that opens, select Repair if it's available. If it isn't available or doesn't fix the problem, select Reset.
  5. Roberto Jimenez Fern Win User

Sad face on install button

Hi Manuela!

Windows 10

Just the sad face, no other error code or anything.

I just installed the XBOX app today so it should be updated.

Checked Windows Update, all good.

I'll try the other alternatives you mentioned tomorrow.

Thanks!
  6. WattyNuela Win User

Sad face on install button

Hi Roberto, this is Manuela!. I'm an Independent Advisor ready to assist you with this

But before that please tell me:

Are you on Windows 10 or 11?
    Besides the sad face, do you receive an error code or is just the sad face?
    Do you know if your system or any app related to Xbox received an update recently?

If maybe you don't know if your PC and apps are up to date, please first try to update everything

You can check for windows updates via PC Settings > Update & Security > Windows update
    And you can check for app updates opening the Microsoft store

If everything is up to date or if even after updating everything the same problem occurs, please try each possible solution below:

1. Open task manager and go to the startup tab, once there click "disable" on each app listed there
    After that Restart the PC and see if the problem is solved

2. Do a clean boot in your Windows PC. For that please follow this article
    https://support.microsoft.com/topic/how-to-perf...
Thema:

1. where the install button should be is a sad face - Similar Threads - where install button

2. Can xbox make it to where you have a warning before being banned or suspended???

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can xbox make it to where you have a warning before being banned or suspended???: I got banned for saying a cuss word after being told if I did something again there would be problems and over 20 invites constantly over the course of 5 mins. 7f0e3169-635f-4ce9-9e07-faea5e064f42
  3. Where do I send my Xbox controller too I'm trying to get it repaired but idk where to send...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where do I send my Xbox controller too I'm trying to get it repaired but idk where to send...: Where do I send my Xbox controller too I'm trying to get it repaired but idk where to send it to bf1fac4c-63ae-4708-847f-9a3a8f1ea18f
  4. So when is tells me "where do you want your save game to be".

in XBoX on Consoles
    So when is tells me "where do you want your save game to be".: I pressed on this console instead of the cloud is there anyway for I to get it back or (22d 23h 20m) lost forever? I am currently trying to get back into a game but I may have lost all my progress...
  5. No Marvel vs Capcom collection - where are the games?

in XboX Insiders
    No Marvel vs Capcom collection - where are the games?: Why does XB continually miss out on games? I really wanted to get the Marvel vs Capcom collection on my XBOX, but they just don’t seem to care about getting these games or they get them years...
  6. Where would I go to get a new gray plastic clip that goes into my joystick module?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where would I go to get a new gray plastic clip that goes into my joystick module?: I was playing one day when I noticed that my controller was clicking everytime I moved the joystick in a particuler way so I did some research and found out that the tiny plastic piece was broken...
  7. Where can I get help with Xbox Game Pass PC install errors?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Where can I get help with Xbox Game Pass PC install errors?: I am having problems installing PC Game Pass older games on Windows 11 especially EA Games titles. Anyone able to help me find solutions for specific games? Some are: Medal of Honor Airborne &...
  8. Where is my modern warfare lll after I installed?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Where is my modern warfare lll after I installed?: I purchased modern warfare lll last night, but when it installed I don't see it anywhere, can someone explain why and where is it 121d94a5-e6c9-481d-a366-8a3945a6756b
  9. Is anyone having an issue with Xbox for PC where some games will download and install but...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is anyone having an issue with Xbox for PC where some games will download and install but...: I am having an issue with Xbox for PC where some games will download and install without issue, but others will not. For instance, I can install Madden 23 but Elder Scrolls Oblivion will not start...
  10. WHERE is Astroneer game installed and located, I mean not the save files, the game...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    WHERE is Astroneer game installed and located, I mean not the save files, the game...: System> Win 10 App> XBox GamePass for PC Does anybody knows WHERE is Astroneer game files installed and located? At least for me the game installation location is unknown? Why Astroneer is...