Where on amazon can I buy a _real_ xbox 360 slim hard drive? (250 or 320 GB)

Discus and support Where on amazon can I buy a _real_ xbox 360 slim hard drive? (250 or 320 GB) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I can not find a real one, just knock offs or 'real' ones that the ratings say are knock offs with problems like 15 minutes to load dash board... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Unbuildable, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Unbuildable
    Unbuildable Guest

I can not find a real one, just knock offs or 'real' ones that the ratings say are knock offs with problems like

15 minutes to load dash board

deleting all data after xbox live updates

not playing original xbox games, I'm not sure if it even is supposed to do this but they are sold on the marketplace according to posters

not working at all

I don't wanna pay full price (80 - 120) for a knock off 40 dollar hard drive that looks legit and has a ton of problems

[Mod Removed]

Fake but works better than others,

Also would the 500GB one work for non modified xbox 360's?

[Mod Removed]

Fake, problems, full price

[Mod Removed]

Fake, problems, full price

Help?

I need a hard drive for my 4GB 360 so I can play GTA V (Among other things, but that is the problem at hand)

No I don't want to use flash drives I wanna know where to buy a real micro soft hard drive

:)

Unbuildable, Aug 16, 2014
  2. Vdeathrow93
    Vdeathrow93 Guest
    I can't play Grand theft auto: San Andreas

You should only buy hardware and accesories (hard drives, consoles, headsets, etc) from a reputable dealer like Gamestop, Best Buy, Amazon, etc. You don't know what people on Ebay or Craigslist are really selling to you. You should go out immediately and
    buy an official hard drive which is the 250 GB or 320 Gb Xbox 360 S hard dirve that is black and square-like.

Vdeathrow93, Aug 16, 2014
  3. JakeDedRite
    JakeDedRite Guest
    Call of Juarez: Gunslinger - Periodic Error Message of "Save Game Corrupt" and Halt of Continuation

Hi Folks,

Please allow me to provide you with a summary of events from my end on this issue.

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger - Troubleshooting Summary of Events

1. Bought XBOX 360 Slim with 250 Gb hard drive

2. Transferred content from XBOX 360 Elite to XBOX 360 Slim with 250 Gb hard drive using

Microsoft Transfer Cable

3. Played very little if any at all on 250 Gb hard drive

4. Bought 320 Gb hard drive

5. Transferred content from console with 250 Gb hard drive to 320 Gb hard drive using

Microsoft Transfer Cable

6. Removed 250 Gb hard drive from console

7. Installed 320 Gb hard drive with content into console

8. Downloaded Call of Juarez: Gunslinger

9. Attempted to play Call of Juarez: Gunslinger

10. Began getting "save game corrupt" error message and halt of continuation of game play

periodically - requiring the starting of a new game

11. Have tried various "fixes" to include formatting 320 Gb hard drive and re-

installation/update of Dashboard (operating system) - error still occurs - details in my

previous posts to XBOX 360 Forum concerning "Can't play or use previously downloaded

content" sub-category Playing My Game

12. Have removed 320 Gb hard drive with content

13. Have installed 250 Gb hard drive that originally came with console

14. Have re-formatted 250 Gb hard drive

15. Have downloaded profile

16. Have downloaded (re-downloaded) Call of Juarez: Gunslinger

17. It is the only game on this hard drive at this time

18. Will attempt to play Call of Juarez: Gunslinger

JakeDedRite, Aug 16, 2014
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

The hard part of your question is that you'll never know if it's a 3rd party knock-off or an official drive until you try to use it when you purchase it online.

I would recommend getting one from your local gaming store, The Microsoft Store (online) or a store like Walmart, etc. That is the only way you'll be sure that you're getting an official Xbox Hard drive.

onyxishere, Aug 16, 2014
  5. onyxishere Win User

The hard part of your question is that you'll never know if it's a 3rd party knock-off or an official drive until you try to use it when you purchase it online.

I would recommend getting one from your local gaming store, The Microsoft Store (online) or a store like Walmart, etc. That is the only way you'll be sure that you're getting an official Xbox Hard drive.
  6. Coviekiller17 Win User

120 GB HDD Storage Issue

Thanks for the reply. I was unaware that a 120 gb hard drive for the slim was unofficial, but now I know the only official hard drives for the slim is the 250 gb and the 320 gb.
  7. Smwutches Win User

Cant play my downloaded game

There is no official 120 gb hard drive for the Slims. You would need an official MS hard drive in order to play an original Xbox game. The only official hard drives for the Slims are 250 gb and 320 gb.
  8. Smwutches Win User

My Lego Star Wars ( the first one ) won't work.

You'll need an official MS hard drive in order to run original Xbox games. There is no official 60gb hard drive for the Slim. Only the 250 gb and 320 gb.
  9. JakeDedRite Win User

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger - Periodic Error Message of "Save Game Corrupt" and Halt of Continuation

Hi Folks,

Please allow me to provide you with a summary of events from my end on this issue.

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger - Troubleshooting Summary of Events

1. Bought XBOX 360 Slim with 250 Gb hard drive

2. Transferred content from XBOX 360 Elite to XBOX 360 Slim with 250 Gb hard drive using

Microsoft Transfer Cable

3. Played very little if any at all on 250 Gb hard drive

4. Bought 320 Gb hard drive

5. Transferred content from console with 250 Gb hard drive to 320 Gb hard drive using

Microsoft Transfer Cable

6. Removed 250 Gb hard drive from console

7. Installed 320 Gb hard drive with content into console

8. Downloaded Call of Juarez: Gunslinger

9. Attempted to play Call of Juarez: Gunslinger

10. Began getting "save game corrupt" error message and halt of continuation of game play

periodically - requiring the starting of a new game

11. Have tried various "fixes" to include formatting 320 Gb hard drive and re-

installation/update of Dashboard (operating system) - error still occurs - details in my

previous posts to XBOX 360 Forum concerning "Can't play or use previously downloaded

content" sub-category Playing My Game

12. Have removed 320 Gb hard drive with content

13. Have installed 250 Gb hard drive that originally came with console

14. Have re-formatted 250 Gb hard drive

15. Have downloaded profile

16. Have downloaded (re-downloaded) Call of Juarez: Gunslinger

17. It is the only game on this hard drive at this time

18. Will attempt to play Call of Juarez: Gunslinger
Thema:

1. Where on amazon can I buy a _real_ xbox 360 slim hard drive? (250 or 320 GB) - Similar Threads - Where amazon buy

2. hardware issues where my a y x b dpad rb lb l3 r3 won’t work, I’m trying to send in my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    hardware issues where my a y x b dpad rb lb l3 r3 won’t work, I’m trying to send in my...: So my buttons will not work, they worked maybe 30 mins beforehand where I sat the controller down and picked it back up and they were unresponsive, My warranty is still covered and the big issue...
  3. where is service number for Microsoft device repair order located?

in XBoX on Windows
    where is service number for Microsoft device repair order located?: Hi I just made a Microsoft Xbox device warranty repair for Xbox controller core 2. And the shipping instructions says, "put service number outside box". But i can't find it in my emails, website,...
  4. Where are we going to download games once the servers shut downs? Like how is this fair...

in XBoX on Windows
    Where are we going to download games once the servers shut downs? Like how is this fair...: Where are we going to download games once the servers shut down? 23360feb-5349-4c5b-8f11-343e48a7550f
  5. Can an XboxTv be created where a plasma TV has a built-in Xbox

in XboX Insiders
    Can an XboxTv be created where a plasma TV has a built-in Xbox: This seems possible and would be a great convenience I would definitely buy one and hang it on my wall. submitted by /u/Zestyclose-Regular69 [link] [comments]
  6. Where is my v bucks that I redeemed 30 minutes ago?

in XBoX on Windows
    Where is my v bucks that I redeemed 30 minutes ago?: Where are the v bucks. I would like to tall to epic games. 1be70cb6-a1eb-4040-81d5-dadb7cff2ca3
  7. Where can I get a hdmi port repaired

in XBoX on Windows
    Where can I get a hdmi port repaired: I need a hdmi port replaced qWhere can qi get hdmi replaced cb360815-0896-4ebe-b5c8-1df22c526984
  8. Since Xbox Console Companion is gone, where do I go to be able to stream my games from my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Since Xbox Console Companion is gone, where do I go to be able to stream my games from my...: Since Xbox Console Companion is gone, where do I go to stream games from my Xbox One X to YouTube? d5de1c6e-872c-46e2-8615-447b0133d214
  9. Where and how to buy google play gift card with microsoft gift card or amazon gift card?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Where and how to buy google play gift card with microsoft gift card or amazon gift card?: I got ten thousands of reward points from playing xbox game pass and surfing the web with microsoft edge browser. But I want to buy me some google play gift card....
  10. Where is Amazon Prime app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Where is Amazon Prime app?: Hi, Am a member of Amazon Prime and Xbox Gold, yet cannot find the Amazon Prime app to download. Specifically subscribed to Xbox Gold just to watch Amazon Prime -now have two memberships paid...