WHERE is Astroneer game installed and located, I mean not the save files, the game...

Discus and support WHERE is Astroneer game installed and located, I mean not the save files, the game... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; System> Win 10 App> XBox GamePass for PC Does anybody knows WHERE is Astroneer game files installed and located? At least for me the game... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Róbert Garai, Jun 29, 2023.

1. WHERE is Astroneer game installed and located, I mean not the save files, the game...

System> Win 10

App> XBox GamePass for PC

Does anybody knows

WHERE is Astroneer game files installed and located?

At least for me the game installation location is unknown?

Why Astroneer is not located in the C:\XboxGames root folder?

In every other normal game a user is able to locate games location, I should be able to know where it is stored/installed. Am I wrong? WHERE is Astroneer game installed and located, I mean not the save files, the game... :D

Well, Astroneer works, so why should I ask.

I mean, Yes, I agree, if it works don't mess with it!

I do just want to know where it is? And why the devs choose this hiding game?

It must be somewhere, because it works? Right?

Even those save files of Astroneer. Every other game stores saves in some kind of AppData folder that Is labeled with the same or similar name accordingly to the game, or it is just inside the MyDocuments folder, or at least "C:\Users\..\Saved Games" folder.

But no, Astroneer must be special!

At least for the XBox PC GamePass app users the save files are greatly hidden from prying eyes, and the Save files are stored in the randomised strings labels for files and folders also.

Mine looks like this>

..\AppData\Local\Packages\SystemEraSoftworks.29415440E1269_ftk5pbg2rayv2\SystemAppData\wgs\000901F0AAD7AFD5_6C0B0100B10345C3B55AA1C421DDC84D\985D4B67B8414729B99BBAE462DBD3EF

**** ??? What is that?

If I want to manually backup those save files, how could I find those easily?

There is not an easy way to do it so.

It took me at least an hour of googling to find a sollution from someone else how to locate that save files?

I am sorry but this is just a crazy sollution. Maybe a paranoid one?

And please, don't just tell me, it is backed up automaticaly on cloud. What If the connection is broken when backed up? What if it does not works when it should?

Look here, I am going to give an example of Everspace2, when a user opens the Manage option for the game, and click in files Tab, there is a button called "BROWSE...", which will open Explorer window in which the user is directed into the root folder where the game is installed.

And every other game I have installed through Xbox GamePass app, there is this option to locate the folder where it is installed.

Only the Astroneer does not have it. At All.

Why?

Example screenshots>

here Everspace2 I have the option to locate and browse the installed files. It is installed allongside the othe titles

WHERE is Astroneer game installed and located, I mean not the save files, the game... [​IMG]

but the Astroneer no no no > the button for Browse does not exist and it does not specifies where it is installed.

WHERE is Astroneer game installed and located, I mean not the save files, the game... [​IMG]

WHY?

Yeah I know why => why not!!! Correct?

WHERE is Astroneer game installed and located, I mean not the save files, the game... :D

cool cool cool cool cool cool cool ... 99

:)

Róbert Garai, Jun 29, 2023
  2. Róbert Garai Win User

WHERE is Astroneer game installed and located, I mean not the save files, the game installation location is unknown? Why Astroneer is not located in the C:\XboxGames root folder?

Thx for a quick answer,

the thing is, as I have stated before, the other games does not have this problem.

But maybe I do understand what you are trying to tell me. That some of the GamePass games does this to DRM protect itself?

Did I got your message correctly?

And just to be sure I will repeat myself => for me, if it works there is no need to mess with it.

The Astroneer game works for me well, without an issue. So I am happy customer with no issues to be solved.

I was only curious and perplexed simultaneously with this.

And your answer is valid to me enough to satisfy my curiosity. If it is encrypted then it corelates with my hunch and explains a lot. Again thank you.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

WHERE is Astroneer game installed and located, I mean not the save files, the game installation location is unknown? Why Astroneer is not located in the C:\XboxGames root folder?

According to the PCgamingwiki

Save data goes here:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\SystemEraSoftworks.29415440E1269_ftk5pbg2rayv2\SystemAppData\wgs

If your game isn't in C:\XboxGames folder, it would be in the WindowsApps folder. But that still wouldn't be where your save files ago. In any case, most GamePass games are encrypted. However, save files and config files are not and are located elsewhere.
  4. yousef shaikhli Win User

hey, i have the same issue with astroneer, tried reinstalling the game but now the game instantly installs even after deleting it (it's like the game never gets deleted and is re-appying files back to the same spot in the drive) and i get error 0x8027025b
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

Game Pass games are encrypted and do not have end user accessible save data, or the ability to mod them, and are in a secure area of the hard drive
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox Pass PC Saves

Hi,

Game Pass PC is currently in Beta, this means that not all features are available yet.

As some games don't have cloud saves - yet, you'll need to
    gain access to the Windows App folde
    r to find the save files, as long as this folder is used for save files.

You'll need to do this on any drive where Windows Game Pass games are installed.
Thema:

WHERE is Astroneer game installed and located, I mean not the save files, the game...

1. WHERE is Astroneer game installed and located, I mean not the save files, the game... - Similar Threads - WHERE Astroneer game

2. Can xbox make it to where you have a warning before being banned or suspended???

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can xbox make it to where you have a warning before being banned or suspended???: I got banned for saying a cuss word after being told if I did something again there would be problems and over 20 invites constantly over the course of 5 mins. 7f0e3169-635f-4ce9-9e07-faea5e064f42
  3. Where do I send my Xbox controller too I'm trying to get it repaired but idk where to send...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where do I send my Xbox controller too I'm trying to get it repaired but idk where to send...: Where do I send my Xbox controller too I'm trying to get it repaired but idk where to send it to bf1fac4c-63ae-4708-847f-9a3a8f1ea18f
  4. So when is tells me "where do you want your save game to be".

in XBoX on Consoles
    So when is tells me "where do you want your save game to be".: I pressed on this console instead of the cloud is there anyway for I to get it back or (22d 23h 20m) lost forever? I am currently trying to get back into a game but I may have lost all my progress...
  5. No Marvel vs Capcom collection - where are the games?

in XboX Insiders
    No Marvel vs Capcom collection - where are the games?: Why does XB continually miss out on games? I really wanted to get the Marvel vs Capcom collection on my XBOX, but they just don’t seem to care about getting these games or they get them years...
  6. Where would I go to get a new gray plastic clip that goes into my joystick module?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where would I go to get a new gray plastic clip that goes into my joystick module?: I was playing one day when I noticed that my controller was clicking everytime I moved the joystick in a particuler way so I did some research and found out that the tiny plastic piece was broken...
  7. I recently bought Gears of War: Ultimate Edition for Windows 10 and I have no idea where...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I recently bought Gears of War: Ultimate Edition for Windows 10 and I have no idea where...: I read about WindowsApp but it's full of complicated named files and no game file. Why is this even a thing? ba22ca33-1a93-465d-919f-e70856918031
  8. where do I find the code for the roblox digital card

in XBoX on Windows
    where do I find the code for the roblox digital card: I used my rewards points to get a Roblox digital card for 100 robux in rewards but I don't know how to redeem it on Roblox and I can't find the code for the card f7ca1fc4-e4c1-4ac8-b1a9-df636508ea41
  9. Where is my tiktok and twitch cape?

in XBoX on Windows
    Where is my tiktok and twitch cape?: Hello, when the option to claim a Minecraft cape came out, I claimed the Tiktok and Twitch capes, but when I tried to use them, the option didn't appear and the only one available was the...
  10. Astroneer shuts down the game when I use the platform so where we pick up stuff and have quests

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Astroneer shuts down the game when I use the platform so where we pick up stuff and have quests: astroneer shuts down the game when I use the platform so where we pick up stuff and have quests <Changed to a question> ***Moved from Windows / Windows 11 / Gaming***...