Where do I go to report unsatisfactory customer support?

Discus and support Where do I go to report unsatisfactory customer support? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I recently contacted Microsoft support regarding a broken xbox series 2 elite controller. The product is under warranty and I was trying to get... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Maximino_45, Nov 15, 2023.

1. Maximino_45
    Maximino_45 Guest

Hello,

I recently contacted Microsoft support regarding a broken xbox series 2 elite controller. The product is under warranty and I was trying to get my controller fixed/serviced.

The customer support experience was HORRIBLE. Honestly the worst I've ever had. SHOCKINGLY BAD for a multi billion dollar company.

It would take far too long to type out the entire series of events but here is the long story short:

1) I was given the option to receive in person support. 2x Microsoft directed me physically into a store - only to be told by Geek squad that they couldn't help me.
    Time wasted on these 2 trips: 4 hours

2) Realizing in person support was not an option, I opted for phone support to ship my product in for a repair.

It took 5 phone calls for support to get my case to the point where they could get me a label to ship my product in.

Time wasted on these calls: 5 hours

I really want someone at Microsoft to get this feedback, and at minimum - act like they care about my feedback. That's all I'm asking.

Thank you,

Max

:)

Maximino_45, Nov 15, 2023
  2. Alison A. Win User

Hi Maximino,

It's painful to read what you've been through and I'm truly sorry that this wasn't made easier for you. I will personally relay this feedback to the right people and make sure that the time you spent coming to the forums to report this situation isn't wasted.

And thank you, @RainingRoses, for escalating this concern—really appreciated!

Best regards,
  3. RainingRoses Win User

Hi Max,

Sorry about your absymal support experience. May I ask if this was through https://support.xbox.com/contact-us and do you have any reference numbers for your correspondence with support? I’ll report this for you.
  4. Maximino_45 Win User

Hi Maximino,

It's painful to read what you've been through and I'm truly sorry that this wasn't made easier for you. I will personally relay this feedback to the right people and make sure that the time you spent coming to the forums to report this situation isn't wasted.

And thank you, @RainingRoses, for escalating this concern—really appreciated!

Best regards,
    Thanks.

Additionally please make sure to relay the following points if possible:

• Microsoft should be proactive about this issue - the bumper issue with elite series 2 controllers is widespread
    • For those of us under warranty that encounter this issue - Microsoft should make the process quick and easy.
      • Make it a goal to have this replaced in person, same day, via a swap
      • OR if you have to mail it in: Microsoft should pay for expedited shipping so the turn around time is days instead of weeks.
  5. RainingRoses Win User

No worries!

Yeah, that’s the same link and you should’ve received a reference number (usually provided in the conversation or at least in a follow-up email from support) but honestly don’t worry if not :) The service order numbers may help, though.

I’m not a Microsoft employee - just a fellow gamer, but I’ve escalated this thread and mentioned that you would rightfully like to speak with someone from the team about your feedback and concerns. I’ve recently been reporting other threads with similar feedback to the Xbox Community Support Managers to (hopefully) improve the overall Customer Service for Xbox.

By the way, is your original issue resolved or is it still on-going? Did you eventually receive your repaired controller (or a replacement controller), and did support say why they initially couldn’t assist with this? It certainly shouldn’t have taken 5 phone calls and so many hours to get everything sorted.
  6. Maximino_45 Win User

No worries!

Yeah, that’s the same link and you should’ve received a reference number (usually provided in the conversation or at least in a follow-up email from support) but honestly don’t worry if not :) The service order numbers may help, though.

I’m not a Microsoft employee - just a fellow gamer, but I’ve escalated this thread and mentioned that you would rightfully like to speak with someone from the team about your feedback and concerns. I’ve recently been reporting other threads with similar feedback to the Xbox Community Support Managers to (hopefully) improve the overall Customer Service for Xbox.

By the way, is your original issue resolved or is it still on-going? Did you eventually receive your repaired controller (or a replacement controller), and did support say why they initially couldn’t assist with this? It certainly shouldn’t have taken 5 phone calls and so many hours to get everything sorted.
    Re: The reference #: Unfortunately I was never given a reference number. I did ask for one several times, and was told I'd receive a follow up email after our calls with information...not one email ever came through.

Re: issue resolved?

Its in progress. Had to ship the controller in. I know its a first world problem - but the turn around time is just wild. From shipment to receiving the controller back - can take weeks.

One piece of feedback that would be helpful to pass along: Microsoft knows about this issue. Why they aren't being proactive about it is beyond me.

I had a previous Elite Series 2 - that broke right around when the warranty was up. Microsoft made the exchange SO EASY for that - I just brought it into the Microsoft Store, and they exchanged it, no questions asked.

The employee I did the exchange with made a strong suggestion to buy an extended warranty on the replacement - which I did. And now trying to get this fixed is wild.

So point being: they really need to either:

A) Be proactive about this issue

B) Make the warranty process super easy

And finally like I originally mentioned: they list in person support as a repair option (was hoping I'd just get a replacement like I did in the past)...but after going into 2 stores for in person support that microsoft directed me to...I was told they couldn't help.

So thats it. Thank you very much for your help!

Best,

Max
Thema:

1. Where do I go to report unsatisfactory customer support? - Similar Threads - Where report unsatisfactory

2. Where to direct a report that isn't captured by "Report A Problem"

in XboX Insiders
    Where to direct a report that isn't captured by "Report A Problem": Hi, I subscribe to the RSS feed of XBox Insiders, which have been talking about audio problems as an ongoing issue for a while. Is there any place to submit a more detailed report about this (as...
  3. Where to report stolen xbox and is there anything I can do about it besides sitting and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where to report stolen xbox and is there anything I can do about it besides sitting and...: My Xbox and 2TB external HD was stolen last summer and clearly the law enforcement isn’t gonna do anything about because I told them by name who stole it and where they live and nothing happened,...
  4. Where can I report a missing package?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Where can I report a missing package?: The FedEx shipment states that the package was delivered but I haven't received it. I called FedEx and they said the package was delivered. I also asked around in the mailroom and leasing office...
  5. Where do i report accounts threatening to ddos

in XBoX Accessibility
    Where do i report accounts threatening to ddos: already blocked their main because they kept harassing me. The first message says "thought u were safe because you blocked, nah" [mod removed] 48ac9e32-d1ae-43df-b300-8e9d709b5b68
  6. Don’t know where else to report it

in XboX Insiders
    Don’t know where else to report it: Since the museum.Xbox.com site came up a few months ago I noticed my First Login on Xbox One was wrong. I had brought my first Xbox One in May of 2015 and I had gotten Xbox One Elite bundle (the...
  7. Where should I report game localization translation issues?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Where should I report game localization translation issues?: Hi. I'm a Korean xbox gamer. And I'm a Halo fan. While playing the recent 'Halo Infinite Multiplayer-Beta', I discovered one typo issue and Some translation issues in the game. For typo-related...
  8. Responsive Design Bug spotted, where can I report this?

in XBoX on Windows
    Responsive Design Bug spotted, where can I report this?: I think the issue stems from the game name being extremely long! I hope they can fix this as the word is overlapping other content! I'm posting it here, because I don't know where I can report...
  9. Xbox user revealing players IP addresses in game. How do we report it where something will...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox user revealing players IP addresses in game. How do we report it where something will...: A user got mad and decided he'd threaten to boot people from the lobby. When he was called on it, he started revealing players' IP addresses and locations. This is a gross violation of privacy and...
  10. Where do I report bugs found on Xbox One?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Where do I report bugs found on Xbox One?: Where do I report bugs I find on Xbox One? Like if the wrong title or box art is used in the achievements section or if an app (like Events or Avatars) crashes on launch?...