Where did my old account go?

Discus and support Where did my old account go? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I haven't played on Xbox for years. I just got another console and tried to sign into my account using my email. Now I had forgot the password so I had... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by thephillster79, Jun 22, 2023.

1. Where did my old account go?

I haven't played on Xbox for years. I just got another console and tried to sign into my account using my email. Now I had forgot the password so I had to get a verification through the email my account was under. Did that, got new password. When it came up it was not my old account. They gamer tag was similar, and my personal info was right. But it was not my old account. I went into my emails and looked for anything with my old account info. I found subscription payment confirmations and purchase history for my old account, with the email I always used. So where did my original account go and how do I get it back?

:)

thephillster79, Jun 22, 2023
  2. thephillster79 Win User

All good points, but. As I tried to explain, I have records of my old account and email associated with it. When I use said email it led me to another similar account with my info, but not the old one I want to use. If I look up my old game tag I can see all of my old friends and followers. But the account I get logged onto has no history what so ever.
  3. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Thank you for your response.

That is odd indeed, on that same Microsoft account, did you by any chance, removed/changed the primary/original email address before?

Deleting and removing the primary email address of a Microsoft account can result in the permanent deletion of saved files, subscriptions, and even saved data progress.

If yes, the only best option now is to have you contact Microsoft Xbox Support for further assistance:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us

Thank you for your time. I hope you have a great day!
  4. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Hey there!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, an Independent Advisor. I'm sorry you are experiencing this. I am here to help.

If you are certain that the account you have recovered is not your old Xbox account, which can only mean that your old Xbox account has a different gamer tag and that you might have 2 Xbox accounts all along.

The only way to recover an Xbox account is to know the email address and proceed with the account recovery web form however in this case, you might need to perform some basic troubleshooting steps to find the email address of your old account.

Try to perform the following troubleshooting steps:

Go to xbox.com and try signing in with the email address that you think is associated with your Microsoft account.

If you can sign in, the email address and password you entered are valid. The gamertag that’s associated with this email address will be displayed in the upper-right corner of the screen.

If you can’t sign in, check your other email inboxes for messages about your Xbox subscription or Xbox offers. This may help you determine which email address is associated with your Xbox profile.

Tip Think back to when you created your Microsoft account. Were you using a different internet service provider for email at the time?

Reference link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...
  5. Tezzarrific Win User

if an xbox account is not used for a long period of time it is shut down.
  6. m szv Win User

Where did my account go?

I also have registered my account on a website called NameMC. I had to join their in game server to manually activate my account. Do you think this can also prove my account's validity? https://namemc.com/profile/8_am.4
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
Thema:

1. Where did my old account go? - Similar Threads - Where did old

2. Where did the uk times go?

in XBoX on Windows
    Where did the uk times go?: So for the last week I've been noticing that my time was wrong on the Xbox one and I'm lazy and it didn't effect me or any of my games so I didn't care but it nearly made me late for work this...
  3. Where did the "Signed-out content restrictions" option go?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Where did the "Signed-out content restrictions" option go?: I have an xbox. I have children. I have access restrictions set up for the children. Right now, however, they can put in a disc and play the game without signing in, or select the "play offline"...
  4. Where did the redeem reward button go?

in XBoX on Windows
    Where did the redeem reward button go?: When I tried to redeem my 330 mine coins reward after hitting the point goal, the button to claim the reward seems to have disappeared. cb9a40d8-8fbb-41ad-a75a-0b738f6c8f0e
  5. Where did it go Xbox remote play had touch controls 11/14/2023

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Where did it go Xbox remote play had touch controls 11/14/2023: Just last week out of now where I started up Diablo 4 remote play on my iPhone and there were touch screen controls, the whole touch controls functioned perfectly!! What happen, where did they go?...
  6. Where did my game go?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Where did my game go?: [img] [img] [img] I'm trying to play Slime Rancher (SR) and when I try to open it, it tells me "When you got a refund on Slime Rancher it was removed from your device.". I never requested a...
  7. Forza horizon 3 - all my context is gone, where did my cars, progress go?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza horizon 3 - all my context is gone, where did my cars, progress go?: I haven’t played in like 2-3 years. I turned it on for the first time since then and noticed all my progress is gone. I did some reading it somewhere it said the license expired. Does that mean...
  8. Where did my game go?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Where did my game go?: I bought the game OMORI a couple months ago and I've heard it got removed? I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do. I want a refund or something but I don't know where I'm supposed to go for that?...
  9. Where did the remote play button/icon go on the Xbox app for PC? I cannot find it.

in XBoX on Windows
    Where did the remote play button/icon go on the Xbox app for PC? I cannot find it.: since streaming is no longer supported for windows on the companion app I would always use remote play on the Xbox app. Today I was hoping to stream and couldn't find the remote play icon...
  10. Where did my old XBLA games go?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where did my old XBLA games go?: Many years ago I bought a couple of XBLA games on my account. I recently bought an xbox 360 again but I no longer have access to these games. They are not in my download or purchase history. This...