Where are the supposed Bing search content control settings located? Bing results use content ...

Discus and support Where are the supposed Bing search content control settings located? Bing results use content ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; With Bing search, games only show up in the first place if they fit with the content control ratings. On the other hand, bing is displaying unrated... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ssedwsa, Mar 3, 2016.

1. ssedwsa
    ssedwsa Guest

Where are the supposed Bing search content control settings located? Bing results use content ...

With Bing search, games only show up in the first place if they fit with the content control ratings. On the other hand, bing is displaying unrated titles for music and tv shows. Can't download them, but they show up. Bing is filtering only half of the searches?!

Also, below is a quote from
    https://support.xbox.com/en-IN/xbox-360/xbox-live/bing-text-search

"Just as with Xbox Live content, you may use Family Settings to restrict what content will be
    returned and accessed in Bing search. For example, if you wish to restrict access to adult-rated movies or shows, you can do this through the built-in parental controls of your Xbox."

Where can I find these controls? I don't see them in 'Family'/'Content Controls'.

:)

ssedwsa, Mar 3, 2016
  2. ssedwsa
    ssedwsa Guest
    Where are the supposed Bing search content control settings located? Bing results use content control for games but not for music and shows?!

With Bing search, games only show up in the first place if they fit with the content control ratings. On the other hand, bing is displaying unrated titles for music and tv shows. Can't download them, but they show up. Bing is filtering only half of the searches?!

"Just as with Xbox Live content, you may use Family Settings to restrict what content will be
    returned and accessed in Bing search. For example, if you wish to restrict access to adult-rated movies or shows, you can do this through the built-in parental controls of your Xbox."

Where can I find these controls? I don't see them in 'Family'/'Content Controls'.

ssedwsa, Mar 3, 2016
  3. ssedwsa
    ssedwsa Guest
    Bing and Xbox Live not following Family Settings

Family Content Control is set to disable Explicit and Unrated content, and Web Browsing is disallowed, and game (dis)allowances are in place, but when my son logs in to his Xbox Live account and searches for games to preview and purchase in the games search
    located in the games tab, or with bing, all types of inappropriate content turn up in the results, including 'not rated' results. What I mean by inappropriate content is images of scantily clad women or bodyparts. Likewise, on the Home dashboard, in the Music
    tab, a half-naked Selena Gomez title picture is just a click away. As far as downloading goes, most of the above mentioned content is disallowed from being downloaded, yet not all of it. Still, at the end of the day it would seem Family Settings is not as
    working as effectively as it should be.

How can I fix this?

Furthermore, it seems like the settings do disallow games with a disallowed rating from
    even returning in the search results, but the same can not be said for disallowed music and shows! (I'm not sure how the licensing of these games works, but most likely a game seller would not be happy about this double standard either.)

Where can I find these controls on my son's Xbox 360? I don't see them in 'Family'/'Content Controls'.

ssedwsa, Mar 3, 2016
  4. Vorpal1986
    Vorpal1986 Guest

Vorpal1986, Mar 16, 2016
  5. ssedwsa
    ssedwsa Guest
    Thank you for trying to help. These settings don't seem to apply to the Xbox 360. Correct me if I'm wrong. As far as 'SafeSearch' for Internet Explorer is concerned: Even if the SafeSearch would somehow work for the Internet Explorer of the Xbox 360, what
    about for the Bing search bar located on the Xbox 360 Dashboard, that is not in the Internet Explorer? This is mainly what my question is about. In fact, there seems to be a game search accessible from the Dashboard that follows the content controls in even
    returning results higher than prohibited ratings. But since the Bing search tab is not able to be disabled, it renders that particular game search useless.

ssedwsa, Mar 21, 2016
  6. ssedwsa
    ssedwsa Guest
    ssedwsa, Mar 21, 2016
  7. ssedwsa
    ssedwsa Guest
    I would really like for my kids to be able to use the internet to search for games to purchase and try out demos and to watch age-appropriate shows, but the results return inappropriate title names, title images and title summaries. Also mature themed music
    previews with plenty of vulgar language can actually be played/downloaded. Also auto-suggest isn't filtered. It seems like in some areas the search is filtered (I think in the 'game store' area, and maybe in the 'tv and movies store'), where the search engine
    says something like: "some content may be not show up because of restrictions," but elsewhere, like in Groove and in the Bing tab on the Dashboard, there are no restrictions on non rated content from appearing.

I'm not sure about this, but it may even be that 'rated' content that I disabled doesn't show up, but the worse alternative, 'non rated' titles, do appear(!), which completely defeats the purpose, and is worse than the other alternative, which would at least
    have more of a mix of less inappropriate content. Downloading of this 'not rated' content is probably prohibited, though I haven't tried it, but results still appear. And again it seems there is somewhat of an effort on the Xbox 360 to curtail that in some
    search areas, but not in all of them, which doesn't make much sense.

ssedwsa, Mar 21, 2016
  8. Vorpal1986
    Vorpal1986 Guest

Ok. I'm not sure if you tried this, so, here it go...

In your console, go to Settings »»» Family »»» Turn ON the Content Controls »»» Ratings and Content »»» Enter in every option and configure it as you wish.

In the Bing Search of you IE app, try to search the Settings button (not IE settings, but the BING Settings itself) and turn ON all the Safe search that are available

Hope it helps

Vorpal1986, Mar 22, 2016
  9. ssedwsa
    ssedwsa Guest
    Doesn't help, even when I enable cookies and remain signed in to bing in the IE app, and then exit it, and try the bing search in the Dashboard.

Some other issues:

Sometimes the games that show up are not filtered either, though they can't be downloaded unless they fit with the parental settings.

Sometimes it seems as if the parental controls are working during the first search made in the bing tab (and sometimes during the first search an error occurs and nothing shows up at all except for an IE search option (though to access that the parental
    control forces a password to be entered - for once)), but the second or third or fourth everything reverts back to the all of the inconsistent results I have described in this thread at length.

In some apps, like Amazon video, the content download ability is limited by the parental settings, and even image previews won't show up when limited, however, explicit titles and text summaries of adult movies show up in searches!

ssedwsa, Apr 5, 2016
  10. ssedwsa
    ssedwsa Guest
    There seems like no reason in getting Xbox Gold for my kid if this parental control thing hardly works. I know it says online interactions are not rated by ESRB but if I minimize online interactions I don't see how it would be a problem for my kid to be
    able to enjoy playing against live opponents in a kid's game. But when I enable Xbox Live access on my the limited membership it already opens up so many problems that I can't shut off or have the ability to limit. as I've detailed above. It's really too bad.

ssedwsa, Apr 5, 2016
  11. ssedwsa
    ssedwsa Guest
    This issue really shouldn't be difficult to fix in an update. Where is the right place for me to bring this up?

ssedwsa, Apr 5, 2016
  12. Vorpal1986
    Vorpal1986 Guest
    Vorpal1986, Oct 31, 2018
  13. ssedwsa Win User

Where are the supposed Bing search content control settings located? Bing results use content control for games but not for music and shows?!

This issue really shouldn't be difficult to fix in an update. Where is the right place for me to bring this up?
  14. ssedwsa Win User

There seems like no reason in getting Xbox Gold for my kid if this parental control thing hardly works. I know it says online interactions are not rated by ESRB but if I minimize online interactions I don't see how it would be a problem for my kid to be
    able to enjoy playing against live opponents in a kid's game. But when I enable Xbox Live access on my the limited membership it already opens up so many problems that I can't shut off or have the ability to limit. as I've detailed above. It's really too bad.
  15. Vorpal1986 Win User

16. ssedwsa Win User

Doesn't help, even when I enable cookies and remain signed in to bing in the IE app, and then exit it, and try the bing search in the Dashboard.

Some other issues:

Sometimes the games that show up are not filtered either, though they can't be downloaded unless they fit with the parental settings.

Sometimes it seems as if the parental controls are working during the first search made in the bing tab (and sometimes during the first search an error occurs and nothing shows up at all except for an IE search option (though to access that the parental
    control forces a password to be entered - for once)), but the second or third or fourth everything reverts back to the all of the inconsistent results I have described in this thread at length.

In some apps, like Amazon video, the content download ability is limited by the parental settings, and even image previews won't show up when limited, however, explicit titles and text summaries of adult movies show up in searches!
  17. ssedwsa Win User

Thema:

1. Where are the supposed Bing search content control settings located? Bing results use content ... - Similar Threads - Where are supposed

2. hardware issues where my a y x b dpad rb lb l3 r3 won’t work, I’m trying to send in my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    hardware issues where my a y x b dpad rb lb l3 r3 won’t work, I’m trying to send in my...: So my buttons will not work, they worked maybe 30 mins beforehand where I sat the controller down and picked it back up and they were unresponsive, My warranty is still covered and the big issue...
  3. where is service number for Microsoft device repair order located?

in XBoX on Windows
    where is service number for Microsoft device repair order located?: Hi I just made a Microsoft Xbox device warranty repair for Xbox controller core 2. And the shipping instructions says, "put service number outside box". But i can't find it in my emails, website,...
  4. Where are we going to download games once the servers shut downs? Like how is this fair...

in XBoX on Windows
    Where are we going to download games once the servers shut downs? Like how is this fair...: Where are we going to download games once the servers shut down? 23360feb-5349-4c5b-8f11-343e48a7550f
  5. Can an XboxTv be created where a plasma TV has a built-in Xbox

in XboX Insiders
    Can an XboxTv be created where a plasma TV has a built-in Xbox: This seems possible and would be a great convenience I would definitely buy one and hang it on my wall. submitted by /u/Zestyclose-Regular69 [link] [comments]
  6. Where is my v bucks that I redeemed 30 minutes ago?

in XBoX on Windows
    Where is my v bucks that I redeemed 30 minutes ago?: Where are the v bucks. I would like to tall to epic games. 1be70cb6-a1eb-4040-81d5-dadb7cff2ca3
  7. Where can I get a hdmi port repaired

in XBoX on Windows
    Where can I get a hdmi port repaired: I need a hdmi port replaced qWhere can qi get hdmi replaced cb360815-0896-4ebe-b5c8-1df22c526984
  8. Since Xbox Console Companion is gone, where do I go to be able to stream my games from my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Since Xbox Console Companion is gone, where do I go to be able to stream my games from my...: Since Xbox Console Companion is gone, where do I go to stream games from my Xbox One X to YouTube? d5de1c6e-872c-46e2-8615-447b0133d214
  9. I have no ups drop off point where I live

in XBoX on Windows
    I have no ups drop off point where I live: So I'm trying to send my controller for a repair and it is telling Me to find the nearest ups drop off point but I live in a place where it don't exists 56cf740c-1ce5-4ab2-9564-1a4e0ebd7f98
  10. I have sent my Xbox controller elite 2 back but I look at my account where it supposed to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have sent my Xbox controller elite 2 back but I look at my account where it supposed to...: I have sent my Xbox controller elite 2 back on Microsoft account I’m following it hasn’t moved but on ups website says is been delivered fbbf86be-ec41-4002-9f4d-447119b2dae4