Where are the family content restrictions? I am trying to enable multiplayer features for...

Discus and support Where are the family content restrictions? I am trying to enable multiplayer features for... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I am trying to edit my kid's Minecraft permissions so they can play online with friends. I found this: "Sign in to the app with an organizer’s... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Brianna Williams2, Jul 21, 2023.

1. Where are the family content restrictions? I am trying to enable multiplayer features for...

I am trying to edit my kid's Minecraft permissions so they can play online with friends. I found this:

"Sign in to the app with an organizer’s Microsoft account, and then do one of the following to get to Settings:

• Select the tile for the member’s account that you want to manage, and then select the Settings icon in the top-right corner of the Family screen.
    • Select the Settings icon at the bottom of the Family screen, and then select the tile for the member’s account that you want to manage.
    1. Select Manage Minecraft under Content restrictions.
    2. If Minecraft is rated above a member’s age limit, enable Allow gameplay under Enable Minecraft to grant the member an exception to play it.
      • Enable Multiplayer to let a member play Minecraft with others online, even if their account settings block them from multiplayer features."
    However, "content restrictions" does not appear anywhere. Please help.

Thanks!

:)

Brianna Williams2, Jul 21, 2023
  2. Belle B Win User

Where are the family content restrictions? I am trying to enable multiplayer features for Minecraft and the instructions seem to be out of date.

Hi Brianna

Sorry to hear about that, however it seems you're on the Family settings app instead of the Xbox family settings app but to enable your child's privacy settings to be able to play online. Simply sign in using your account at https://account.xbox.com/Settings

From there, you should see your child's profile picture and click it.

Under Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One/Windows 10 devices safety, ensure that "You can play with people outside of Xbox Live", "You can create and join clubs", "You can add friends" and "You can join multiplayer games" are set to Allow. Scroll down and click submit.

Under Privacy, "You can see and upload community creations" set it to Everyone and these are optional: "You can communicate outside of Xbox Live with voice & text" Allow and "Others can communicate with voice, text, or invites" Everyone. Scroll down and click Submit.
  3. SHUBHAM_DEBNATH Win User

Unable to add back my kid’s account to Family safety account t

I am sorry for the issue you are facing. To be honest, if you are facing an issue with adding a family member account back to the Family Safety Account then I suggest contacting the Windows support team by visiting https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/ Moreover, I will suggest following the below steps first again:

a. Add people to your family group
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ly-group-4a07b974-8103-16ad-6ea2-46549ca19e03

Second: To enable the multiplayer function for Minecraft in your Family Safety Account, you might need to adjust the settings associated with the account. Please follow the below steps:

1. Sign In to Family Safety Account: Log in to the Family Safety Account dashboard using the parent or guardian account credentials.

2. Select the Kid's Account: Locate and select your kid's account from the list of family members.

3. Adjust Permissions:
    Content & Privacy Settings: Look for a section related to content and privacy settings. There, you might find options to manage online interactions, including multiplayer features.
    Multiplayer Settings for Games: Within the content settings, you should be able to find options specifically related to multiplayer features for games like Minecraft. You can typically set permissions to allow or restrict multiplayer access.

4. Save Changes: Once you've adjusted the settings to enable multiplayer for Minecraft, be sure to save your changes.
  4. RobertReido Win User

I can`t download DLC for mortal kombat.

Check if you have Family Settings enabled. Family Settings restrict use to these things: Parties, Downloading i.e Games/Downloadable Content. If you do not have Family Settings enabled, check if you are securely connected to the internet and are logged in
    on a Xbox LIVE account.
  5. Tero_Koo Win User

Child cannot access Minecraft multiplayer even though we have allowed it in the settings

Thanks for finding the page.

I wonder how this plays into the following:

https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/4408968616077

FAMILY GROUP MULTIPLAYER FEATURES

3. If Minecraft is rated above a member's age limit, enable Allow gameplay under Enable Minecraft to grant the member and exception to play it.

• Enable Multiplayer to let a member play Minecraft with others online, even if their account settings block them from multiplayer features.

We've set the multiplayer as "allow", and the page says this should override age restrictions, but multiplayer just remains grayed out and when hovering over it it tells us to check our microsoft account settings... which we have. :(

Sorry this issue is such a mess.
  6. KhajiBower34 Win User

Unable to access Minecraft Multiplayer

Hello Aarav A, I am an independent advisor and I would be happy to help you today. My name is Khaji

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble accessing multiplayer in Minecraft.

Leaving your family group on Microsoft: If you're in a family group, this could be restricting your access to multiplayer

Allow multiplayer on Xbox: Make sure you have multiplayer enabled on your Xbox account

Set your birthday to 18+: If your account is set as an underage account, this could be restricting your access to multiplayer.

Restart Minecraft: Try closing and reopening Minecraft

Wait for the problem to go away: If the problem is caused by a server error or outage, the best option may be to simply wait a moment and try connecting again

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, don't hesitate to contact us again.
Thema:

Where are the family content restrictions? I am trying to enable multiplayer features for...

1. Where are the family content restrictions? I am trying to enable multiplayer features for... - Similar Threads - Where are family

2. Can xbox make it to where you have a warning before being banned or suspended???

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can xbox make it to where you have a warning before being banned or suspended???: I got banned for saying a cuss word after being told if I did something again there would be problems and over 20 invites constantly over the course of 5 mins. 7f0e3169-635f-4ce9-9e07-faea5e064f42
  3. Where do I send my Xbox controller too I'm trying to get it repaired but idk where to send...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where do I send my Xbox controller too I'm trying to get it repaired but idk where to send...: Where do I send my Xbox controller too I'm trying to get it repaired but idk where to send it to bf1fac4c-63ae-4708-847f-9a3a8f1ea18f
  4. So when is tells me "where do you want your save game to be".

in XBoX on Consoles
    So when is tells me "where do you want your save game to be".: I pressed on this console instead of the cloud is there anyway for I to get it back or (22d 23h 20m) lost forever? I am currently trying to get back into a game but I may have lost all my progress...
  5. No Marvel vs Capcom collection - where are the games?

in XboX Insiders
    No Marvel vs Capcom collection - where are the games?: Why does XB continually miss out on games? I really wanted to get the Marvel vs Capcom collection on my XBOX, but they just don’t seem to care about getting these games or they get them years...
  6. Where would I go to get a new gray plastic clip that goes into my joystick module?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where would I go to get a new gray plastic clip that goes into my joystick module?: I was playing one day when I noticed that my controller was clicking everytime I moved the joystick in a particuler way so I did some research and found out that the tiny plastic piece was broken...
  7. I recently bought Gears of War: Ultimate Edition for Windows 10 and I have no idea where...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I recently bought Gears of War: Ultimate Edition for Windows 10 and I have no idea where...: I read about WindowsApp but it's full of complicated named files and no game file. Why is this even a thing? ba22ca33-1a93-465d-919f-e70856918031
  8. where do I find the code for the roblox digital card

in XBoX on Windows
    where do I find the code for the roblox digital card: I used my rewards points to get a Roblox digital card for 100 robux in rewards but I don't know how to redeem it on Roblox and I can't find the code for the card f7ca1fc4-e4c1-4ac8-b1a9-df636508ea41
  9. Where is my tiktok and twitch cape?

in XBoX on Windows
    Where is my tiktok and twitch cape?: Hello, when the option to claim a Minecraft cape came out, I claimed the Tiktok and Twitch capes, but when I tried to use them, the option didn't appear and the only one available was the...
  10. Pc running horrible out of no where.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Pc running horrible out of no where.: [img] So I’m using the game “ fortnite “ as a benchmark test , I have a 3060 ti with an Intel i510600k and was able to run easily 90-120fps on high settings then out of no where the textures...