Where are the Arcade that I bought on 360?

Discus and support Where are the Arcade that I bought on 360? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When u mention diesel vs gas cars on an x1 post. Hmmm Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by drivesafely, Apr 18, 2014.

  1. drivesafely
    drivesafely Guest

    Where are the Arcade that I bought on 360?


    When u mention diesel vs gas cars on an x1 post. Hmmm
     
    drivesafely, Apr 19, 2014
    #31
  2. lol Galatic you're so full of it just please stop trying to be the judge around here...Virtual Duck CLEARLY started off his statement by insulting Safely Dad's logic which is automatically going to make someone go on the defense and quite frankly probably
    find something awful about the other persons logic...since you didn't pick up on that please quit going around deciding who is the "better" man. Thanks.
     
    U Go 6 FT BeLOW, Apr 19, 2014
    #32
  3. My point is that just because it is a box on the outside with better capabilities than the previous one, doesn't mean it can do everything the previous one could do. I would like it to play 360 games, but I am simply explaining why it is unlikely to happen,
    and even if it does, why it would be an inferior experience. I am also unwilling to spend the time redownloading everything to the One with my 130GB of 360 data on my hard drive and multiple games and cloud saves and DLC.

    Emulators on hardware running x86 trying to fake the 360's IBM PowerPC are very unreliable and crash frequently. They also take a long time to make which is why I am opposed to this, I would like the tech teams at Xbox to be working on new and improved content,
    not stuff I can play on my 360 without issue.

    The 360 has a 3.2GHz Tri-Core Two-Thread IBM PowerPC processor. The One has a 1.75GHz Octo-Core One-Thread AMD x86 processor. Take a 360 game and put it on Xbox One and it will run like treacle on a 1-degree incline. Even if each game were individually ported,
    it would take a full rewrite of the code.

    Not only that, but the fact that 360 is PowerPC and Xbox One is x86 mean they are coded completely differently and also "speak" a different language. This means they cannot communicate their data to the CPU, GPU, RAM etc. and therefore makes the game unable
    to even begin running.

    An emulator is like using Google Translate to cross the language barrier. It can usually suffice (although producing problems like fluctuating framerates and texture pop in), but sometimes it fails to translate correctly (often), and this is when the emulator
    crashes, throwing you back to the home screen in a blaze of dying glory and courage.

    Long story short: It will never work properly, even if we can get it to work a bit.
     
    A Virtual Duck, Apr 19, 2014
    #33
  4. Where are the Arcade that I bought on 360?

    U Go, perception is everything in life and these forums are no exception. So here's my advice, not just for you, but for everyone: don't give others a reason to perceive you in a negative light. Accept what others have to say, respect what they say without
    retort, and then either make a statement of agreement or a logical, friendly counter-argument or simply don't say anything and move on.

    For the record, I'm not trying to be the judge around here (although I admit that saying who I thought was the better man was a mistake and I apologize for that) - I'm simply trying to be the peacekeeper. It's a thankless job, but I voluntarily do it because
    I care about this community, almost certainly more than I should. It's where I choose to spend most of my time and I want it to be a constructive and positive community, not a destructive and negative one.
     
    Galactic Geek, Apr 19, 2014
    #34
  5. Good point Galactic, many of the mods are a no show here so we kind of have our own little police force XD
     
    A Virtual Duck, Apr 19, 2014
    #35
  6. If they were to offer me the badge, Duck, I would gladly accept it and do my best to live up to it.
     
    Galactic Geek, Apr 19, 2014
    #36
  7. There is nothing wrong with an analogy. I use them myself frequently Where are the Arcade that I bought on 360? :)

    So long as things don't go into total chaos there isn't a problem for me to see people use off topic logics to make a point. Just remember, debates are healthy so long as they are not arguments.

    As for the badge... I didn't get given a badge :-o

    Though now you mention it, it would be nice to have a 'hand of the king' type of thing Where are the Arcade that I bought on 360? :D



    Edit: Joke of course ^
     
    Mark Sherwood, Apr 20, 2014
    #37
  8. drivesafely
    drivesafely Guest

    Where are the Arcade that I bought on 360?

    If we had a fire and I could only save either my 360's or x1's I would choose the 360's. They simply still get used more in my house and things like arcade and media center are why. gtav weighs in. Lol
     
    drivesafely, Apr 20, 2014
    #38
  9. If I had a fire and could save anything, it would be my consoles lol. Period.
     
    Mark Sherwood, Apr 20, 2014
    #39
  10. I would also save my 360s as all Xbox One gamesaves are in the cloud, and insurance can't recover or compensate for the amount of gamesaves I have on that console. Those 250GB are the most important GB in my life.
     
    A Virtual Duck, Apr 20, 2014
    #40
  11. Doesn't the Hand of the King always die or get fired? I'm not sure I'd want that position myself...

    If there was a fire, I'm in luck because each of my consoles is next to a window - I'd just toss it outside into the soft dirt and follow suit.
     
    Galactic Geek, Apr 20, 2014
    #41
  12. Actually you have a point lol though I have a huge fondness for Tyrion, I would give anything to be him Where are the Arcade that I bought on 360? :D

    Lmao Duck, cant say I don't understand you there buddy. I dread to think of having to download all that content again and starting them all over again. That would suck! Majorly.
     
    Mark Sherwood, Oct 31, 2018
    #42
  13. Galactic Geek Win User

    Where are the Arcade that I bought on 360?

    Doesn't the Hand of the King always die or get fired? I'm not sure I'd want that position myself...

    If there was a fire, I'm in luck because each of my consoles is next to a window - I'd just toss it outside into the soft dirt and follow suit.
  14. Mark Sherwood Win User

    Where are the Arcade that I bought on 360?

    If I had a fire and could save anything, it would be my consoles lol. Period.
  15. U Go 6 FT BeLOW Win User

    Where are the Arcade that I bought on 360?

    lol Galatic you're so full of it just please stop trying to be the judge around here...Virtual Duck CLEARLY started off his statement by insulting Safely Dad's logic which is automatically going to make someone go on the defense and quite frankly probably
    find something awful about the other persons logic...since you didn't pick up on that please quit going around deciding who is the "better" man. Thanks.
  16. SigmaTheDJ Win User

    Where are the Arcade that I bought on 360?

    "On the arcade subject. I really think the 360 arcade is an awesome feature. Its not even a feature on the x1."

    The Xbox One is arguably better than the 360 for that, although obviously not right now!

    On the 360, devs were always held back by file size limits. Over time, MS increased the file size limit for XBLA games, but it was always an issue. Achievements were treated differently for XBLA titles compared to retail games. Devs were not allowed to self-publish
    on XBLA. After the first patch of an XBLA game, devs had to pay a fee for subsequent patches.

    All of that stuff has been fixed on the Xbox One. The only thing that's changed in terms of this conversation is that MS are now saying "games are games", rather than splitting games into different categories like "Games on Demand" and "Xbox Live Arcade".
  17. drivesafely Win User

    Where are the Arcade that I bought on 360?

    On the arcade subject. I really think the 360 arcade is an awesome feature. Its not even a feature on the x1.
Thema:

Where are the Arcade that I bought on 360?

Loading...
  1. Where are the Arcade that I bought on 360? - Similar Threads - Where are Arcade

  2. Where are the updates for beta and delta?

    in XboX Insiders
    Where are the updates for beta and delta?: Alpha and alpha skip ahead has been getting alot of updates and i havent seen beta or delta got an update once. 12 days since delta was last updated and patch notes on reddit While beta hasn't...
  3. please make it where bought online games dont need gamepass

    in XboX Insiders
    please make it where bought online games dont need gamepass: okay so i bought red dead redemption online and i was so happy to try it but when it finally downloaded it told me i need gamepass it seems unfair to me that we need gamepass for a already online...
  4. Where is the 360 Game Hub update for the beta ring?

    in XboX Insiders
    Where is the 360 Game Hub update for the beta ring?: It has been stuck without updates since July 1st. When will it arrive? submitted by /u/LordKobeeruZ [link] [comments]
  5. Insider Hub, -Rushes. Where & How To Report Issues & Bugs.

    in XboX Insiders
    Insider Hub, -Rushes. Where & How To Report Issues & Bugs.: Hello, I have been recently trying out the story’s they have under the (Rushes) application in the Insiders Hub. When I get to the second part of the story’s I loose sound and audio. But the texts...
  6. Seems like Insiders is dead. Where’s all the betas?

    in XboX Insiders
    Seems like Insiders is dead. Where’s all the betas?: Pillars of eternity has a turn based mode beta for the last few months and it’s not available. Barely anything is added or updated at all over the last six months. I sincerely wish Microsoft would...
  7. For the past few days, I've been having a problem where Xbox Party Audio on my Series X...

    in XboX Insiders
    For the past few days, I've been having a problem where Xbox Party Audio on my Series X...: For the past few days, I've been having a problem where Xbox Party Audio on my Series X sounds very robotic. I've already tried a different headset, but unfortunately, that didn't help. This...
  8. I don't know where else to ask so here goes

    in XboX Insiders
    I don't know where else to ask so here goes: Currently i don't have a working phone number. I have enough reward points for a month of GamePass but I can't redeem them without a phone. I'm laid up for the next couple weeks and would like...
  9. Why after the recent update on Xbox one, where my game from CD gone from the console and,...

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Why after the recent update on Xbox one, where my game from CD gone from the console and,...: After updating my Xbox one to play a game from CD, I found that the console wasn't reading or even attempting to read the disc inserted. I thought that it just wasn't opening the CD at first but...
  10. I can't log into my personal account on the website. minecraft.net where did I buy the...

    in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't log into my personal account on the website. minecraft.net where did I buy the...: Hello! I can't log into my account on minecraft.net where I bought my minecraft license. It just takes me back to the same page where there are ways to log into an account. I just can't log into...