Where are the Arcade that I bought on 360?

Discus and support Where are the Arcade that I bought on 360? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; They may not be on shelves in Europe because they have adapted to the new economy of not keeping a big inventory but I assure you they can purchase it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by drivesafely, Apr 18, 2014.

  1. drivesafely
    drivesafely Guest

    Where are the Arcade that I bought on 360?


    They may not be on shelves in Europe because they have adapted to the new economy of not keeping a big inventory but I assure you they can purchase it if they want it.

    USA is a bit slower and is still stocking shelves.

    I am always shocked though how people on this forum know so much about Germany and such
     
    drivesafely, Apr 18, 2014
    #16
  2. Because I come from the UK, live in Switzerland and purchase many things (Inc. Xbox One) from Germany?
     
    A Virtual Duck, Apr 18, 2014
    #17
  3. drivesafely
    drivesafely Guest
    Duck: Yes the arcade games were strangled but that's what made them great. How big does pinball need to be or all the other fun arcade games. Poker is as big as it needs also. I do not want my hard drive taken by silly arcade games but I so want to play
    them.
     
    drivesafely, Apr 18, 2014
    #18
  4. Where are the Arcade that I bought on 360?

    I'm talking State of Decay and Minecraft. The first had multiple cut off storylines and poor graphics but was saved by its game play.

    The latter is allowed by MS to overflow its limit with updates post launch to fill in the content kept back by 2GB.
     
    A Virtual Duck, Apr 18, 2014
    #19
  5. SigmaTheDJ
    SigmaTheDJ Guest
    "On the arcade subject. I really think the 360 arcade is an awesome feature. Its not even a feature on the x1."

    The Xbox One is arguably better than the 360 for that, although obviously not right now!

    On the 360, devs were always held back by file size limits. Over time, MS increased the file size limit for XBLA games, but it was always an issue. Achievements were treated differently for XBLA titles compared to retail games. Devs were not allowed to self-publish
    on XBLA. After the first patch of an XBLA game, devs had to pay a fee for subsequent patches.

    All of that stuff has been fixed on the Xbox One. The only thing that's changed in terms of this conversation is that MS are now saying "games are games", rather than splitting games into different categories like "Games on Demand" and "Xbox Live Arcade".
     
    SigmaTheDJ, Apr 18, 2014
    #20
  6. drivesafely
    drivesafely Guest
    The arcade part of 360 allowed quick gameplay with no set up. Games like pinball, frogger, and centipede is like having full size arcade in the house. They are all simply a blast. arcade is great for parties where gamer profiles are not needed to be
    set up

    games like rockband 3 would be nice also as the equipment was so expensive.
     
    drivesafely, Apr 18, 2014
    #21
  7. As are games like Peggle 2, Max: The Curse of Brotherhood, Killer Instinct and Trials Fusion, of which the first three are Xbox One exclusive (and the middle two will always be).

    The only difference is now they do not have to adhere to an artificial limit and also have access to the retail achievement max of G1000. They are not segregated from the marketplace as the cheap man's game, they are now simply less expensive, DL only games.
    It's not like arcadey games are there, it's just you choose not to look for them.
     
    A Virtual Duck, Apr 18, 2014
    #22
  8. drivesafely
    drivesafely Guest

    Where are the Arcade that I bought on 360?

    I find that the old xbox 360 arcade was as close to being able to game on something simple like a Wii. For the most part they took no set ups and no time to build extra tracks and customize. It never really mattered what profile you were using unless
    you were trying to beat a friends pinball score I guess.

    Xbox 360 and X1 games simply are not arcade which I really like that part but on the other hand when a group of kids are over or friends arcade is perfect. You can start and quit anytime you want which is a great plus. Ring the dinner bell and it does
    not require the kids to finish a level.

    I think its crazy that people would not want the old arcade available on the X1 and its sad that someday my arcade purchases will be no good at all when 360 support is over. There is zero promise of how long 360 downloads will be available and or 360 servers
    made available.

    Seems like X1 could run the 360 arcade in sleep mode, LOL.
     
    drivesafely, Apr 19, 2014
    #23
  9. You'll still be able to do all of those cool things that you did with the arcade games on the Xbox 360 with the games that will be on the Xbox One, just not necessarily the same ones.

    As for the arcade games themselves, even if MS stops supporting the Xbox 360, you'll still be able to play a majority of them (albeit, without online features). Regardless, it'll be a long time yet before that time comes and when it does, it won't be as
    bad as you think - besides, all good things come to an end eventually. For me personally, I'll have since moved on to other bigger and better things by then and I think most other people will have too.
     
    Galactic Geek, Apr 19, 2014
    #24
  10. What people don't realise is the 360 offline arcade will never become invalid. Downloaded games don't need to be validated by the servers, therefore they can last as long as your hard drive.

    No one is stopping you playing your 360 and there is nothing wrong with playing your 360 as much, if not more than, your One. Maybe 40% to 50% of my gaming is still on 360 if only because of Sleeping Dogs.

    The arcade on 360 is designed for a console with a two threaded 3.2GHz CPU with three cores. The Xbox One has a single threaded 1.75GHz CPU with 8 cores.
     
    A Virtual Duck, Apr 19, 2014
    #25
  11. drivesafely
    drivesafely Guest
    I have 2 360 near there end. A valid option should not be for me to replace them with 360. That's the ridiculous part of this. then when 360's are being used its less likely to purchase a x1 game
     
    drivesafely, Apr 19, 2014
    #26
  12. Your logic is awful. Just because something is new doesn't mean it must contain the old machines inside it. It can but it is often a bad idea and increases the price. Just keep your 360.

    Otherwise, my diesel car should be able to run on petrol should I need it to, as it is a similar model to the last car I had made by the same manufacturer. I know the hardware inside is completely different, but it should be able to run diesel too, right?
    I see no reason why not because the outside looks similar. I can't see the inside so I'll assume it has the exact same capabilities.
     
    A Virtual Duck, Apr 19, 2014
    #27
  13. drivesafely
    drivesafely Guest

    Where are the Arcade that I bought on 360?

    I can understand people who want this option but i cant figure who would possibly be against it. That makes zero sense at all. Its like they think its going to dumb down their treasure.
     
    drivesafely, Apr 19, 2014
    #28
  14. drivesafely
    drivesafely Guest
    A virtual duck. I bet both cars have fm radio and reclining seats. probably electric windows. Your post is ridiculous.
     
    drivesafely, Apr 19, 2014
    #29
  15. His post isn't SD; it makes a lot of sense (as does yours). The difference is that VD is respecting your opinion with a perfectly reasonable counter-argument. You on the other hand, provided your own counter-argument, which in itself is fine, but then you
    had to insult him and his post - that's wrong and IMO automatically makes him the better man. One thing you have to remember is that in a proper debate/discussion, the moment you start insulting those who oppose you, is the moment you start losing traction
    with your own argument (no matter how valid it may be) as well as the audience you're trying to convince.

    Just my two cents. Where are the Arcade that I bought on 360? ;)
     
    Galactic Geek, Apr 19, 2014
    #30
Thema:

Where are the Arcade that I bought on 360?

Loading...
  1. Where are the Arcade that I bought on 360? - Similar Threads - Where are Arcade

  2. Where are the updates for beta and delta?

    in XboX Insiders
    Where are the updates for beta and delta?: Alpha and alpha skip ahead has been getting alot of updates and i havent seen beta or delta got an update once. 12 days since delta was last updated and patch notes on reddit While beta hasn't...
  3. please make it where bought online games dont need gamepass

    in XboX Insiders
    please make it where bought online games dont need gamepass: okay so i bought red dead redemption online and i was so happy to try it but when it finally downloaded it told me i need gamepass it seems unfair to me that we need gamepass for a already online...
  4. Where is the 360 Game Hub update for the beta ring?

    in XboX Insiders
    Where is the 360 Game Hub update for the beta ring?: It has been stuck without updates since July 1st. When will it arrive? submitted by /u/LordKobeeruZ [link] [comments]
  5. Insider Hub, -Rushes. Where & How To Report Issues & Bugs.

    in XboX Insiders
    Insider Hub, -Rushes. Where & How To Report Issues & Bugs.: Hello, I have been recently trying out the story’s they have under the (Rushes) application in the Insiders Hub. When I get to the second part of the story’s I loose sound and audio. But the texts...
  6. Seems like Insiders is dead. Where’s all the betas?

    in XboX Insiders
    Seems like Insiders is dead. Where’s all the betas?: Pillars of eternity has a turn based mode beta for the last few months and it’s not available. Barely anything is added or updated at all over the last six months. I sincerely wish Microsoft would...
  7. For the past few days, I've been having a problem where Xbox Party Audio on my Series X...

    in XboX Insiders
    For the past few days, I've been having a problem where Xbox Party Audio on my Series X...: For the past few days, I've been having a problem where Xbox Party Audio on my Series X sounds very robotic. I've already tried a different headset, but unfortunately, that didn't help. This...
  8. I don't know where else to ask so here goes

    in XboX Insiders
    I don't know where else to ask so here goes: Currently i don't have a working phone number. I have enough reward points for a month of GamePass but I can't redeem them without a phone. I'm laid up for the next couple weeks and would like...
  9. Why after the recent update on Xbox one, where my game from CD gone from the console and,...

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Why after the recent update on Xbox one, where my game from CD gone from the console and,...: After updating my Xbox one to play a game from CD, I found that the console wasn't reading or even attempting to read the disc inserted. I thought that it just wasn't opening the CD at first but...
  10. I can't log into my personal account on the website. minecraft.net where did I buy the...

    in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't log into my personal account on the website. minecraft.net where did I buy the...: Hello! I can't log into my account on minecraft.net where I bought my minecraft license. It just takes me back to the same page where there are ways to log into an account. I just can't log into...