Whenever I'm playing any Microsoft related game like Roblox and Minecraft my pc crashes and...

Discus and support Whenever I'm playing any Microsoft related game like Roblox and Minecraft my pc crashes and... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Everytime when I am playing Roblox or Minecraft, first 5 minutes or so was okay but after a while my pc will just crash and says THREADS STUCK IN... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Sam_04_12, May 31, 2020.

1. Sam_04_12
    Sam_04_12 Guest

Whenever I'm playing any Microsoft related game like Roblox and Minecraft my pc crashes and...

Everytime when I am playing Roblox or Minecraft, first 5 minutes or so was okay but after a while my pc will just crash and says THREADS STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER but when I run DISM it's says it's fine. I don't think is my hardware's problem because I can
    run others higher ends game like Apex Legends or Destiny 2

Anyone can help me.......Thankss

:)

Sam_04_12, May 31, 2020
  2. Nexa Elite Win User

Whenever I'm playing any Microsoft related game like Roblox and Minecraft my pc crashes and says THREADS STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER

Hey Sam,

The Windows 10 Thread Stuck In Device Driver error is caused by a driver file being caught in an endless loop while it waits for the hardware to enter idle state. This is usually a driver problem and rarely hardware. Thankfully,
    a driver or BIOS update can fix it.

The fault usually results in a BSOD crash. If you can boot into your desktop long enough, perform the steps below. If the desktop won’t stay loaded for long enough, boot your computer into safe mode using the installation
    media and do it from there.

Fix Windows 10 Thread Stuck In Device Driver error

Performing a series of updates will usually fix this error.

1. Update your graphics and audio drivers to the latest versions.

2. Perform Windows update and install all updates.

3. Update your motherboard BIOS to the latest version.

Performing a BIOS update is a serious process and instructions vary depending on motherboard manufacturer. Fortunately, most newer boards offer simple upgrade paths that can be performed from within Windows (if you can
    load it) or from USB. Many users I have spoken to said that their error disappeared after updating their BIOS so it is well worth considering.

Fix for ATI-based laptops

Windows 10 Thread Stuck In Device Driver errors have occurred on quite a few laptops that use ATI graphics cards. Here’s how to fix it.

1. Navigate to Control Panel, Hardware and Sound and Power Options.

2. Select ‘Change plan settings’ next to the selected preferred plan.

3. Select ‘Change advanced power settings.

4. Find ATI Graphics Power Settings and select ‘maximized performance’.

5. Click Save changes and reboot.

Hope this helps
  3. Sam_04_12 Win User

Whenever I'm playing any Microsoft related game like Roblox and Minecraft my pc crashes and says THREADS STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER

Thanks it helps a little bit because now BSOD doesn't appear but still whenever I'm running Microsoft games it will froze my computer...
  4. Juliomagnus Win User

Gg for your answer ! I think it's really clear.
  5. mithy73 Win User

Roblox freezing

The stock answer provided by YanYannn above is - at best - incomplete. The Roblox executable (when installed via Microsoft Store) is in the folder C:\Program Files\WindowsApps which Microsoft has made inaccessible to users, rendering the instructions for disabling compatibility mode useless on their own (and I'm loath to tinker with the folder permissions). And if there were a firewall related issue, one would have thought that Roblox would not work at all, as opposed to successfully connecting to the Roblox servers but then randomly crashing every few minutes.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Roblox app, I've tried clearing the Roblox file cache in AppData\Local\Roblox, I've performed system checks/diagnostics and I've tried updating my video drivers in the hope of resolving this, but all to no avail. Basically I've tried everything bar resetting Windows. This is happening on two different PCs, one running Windows 10 and one running Windows 11. At best I am able to get about five minutes' gameplay before Roblox crashes on the Windows 11 PC (on the Windows 10 PC, freezes/crashes are more sporadic).

The one thing that appears to have worked is to abandon the Microsoft Store version of the Roblox app in favour of the one directly downloadable from roblox.com.
  6. kevin barrett2 Win User

Roblox freezing

Hello, i posted a reply with a solution one that worked for me. I use 2 computers to play roblox with 3 accounts. 1 of them HAS to be on microsoft store because thats the only non technical software way you can play multiple accounts on one pc.

WHAT ive noticed.

-a fresh install of the microsoft store client(edit the MS roblox client) when you restart your pc efffects the crashes. when i added this to my routine it reduced the crashes by 75% or more

-not have specifically the microsoft store version of the game minimized for any amount of time more than 20-30 seconds

If you can play this on the roblox website version of the game not microsoft store version as they are separate. that one never crashes or at least very rarely.

if you must though, do what i was doing and youll save yourself a lot of headache. It's gotta be a memory leak, or a one drive complication as microsoft store makes sure you can only put things on the drive with windows installed onto it. happy new year, gl and hf.
Thema:

1. Whenever I'm playing any Microsoft related game like Roblox and Minecraft my pc crashes and... - Similar Threads - Whenever I'm playing

2. Trying to join a party but whenever i do i get kicked, same thing with hosting a party...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Trying to join a party but whenever i do i get kicked, same thing with hosting a party...: Hadn't had this issue until lately, tried power cycling, resetting the router, checked if my privacy settings were weird, it wasn't any of that, also the error code isn't listed anywhere which is...
  3. so whenever i run my moniter at 120 hertz it glitches out how do i fix this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    so whenever i run my moniter at 120 hertz it glitches out how do i fix this?: [img] entire bottom, how to fix? d8690fb6-60d1-42cf-a0bb-67e9ab1e0a35
  4. Blue screen error whenever I try to open Elden Ring

in XBoX on Windows
    Blue screen error whenever I try to open Elden Ring: I specifically started running into this issue after the dlc for Elden Ring went live on steam. I got the game to run smoothly once yesterday, but today I'm no longer having any success getting...
  5. My xbox series x, whenever i turn it on it will be on for like 2 seconds then will shut...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x, whenever i turn it on it will be on for like 2 seconds then will shut...: It was working fine just a few hours before and its not hot. 544c488e-0bd1-4de5-ad65-cf1f0d554101
  6. whenever I put my "default communications output" to any of my headphones the sound turns...

in XBoX on Consoles
    whenever I put my "default communications output" to any of my headphones the sound turns...: I mean ANY headphone wired or wireless... 9ce98c79-f058-4b23-87f3-60829fdbc7b5
  7. Why am I getting stuck in game chat whenever I start a party or invite someone and then I'm...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why am I getting stuck in game chat whenever I start a party or invite someone and then I'm...: My question was in the title. 000f7462-b93c-4241-a2b4-c7a3e1015b0c
  8. My internet starts to spike whenever I play Roblox, and it's really annoying.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My internet starts to spike whenever I play Roblox, and it's really annoying.: Roblox internet has been spiking for like a week now. I don't know why. Please help, Microsoft. 12f21ddb-5f2f-4d82-bf78-37b5d096e3aa
  9. Error 0x87DD0017 whenever I turn on my xbox, stating connection problems with my internet....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error 0x87DD0017 whenever I turn on my xbox, stating connection problems with my internet....: I haven't used my xbox series X much recently, came back online recently and had to do update for system. Now I keep getting error 0x87DD0017 whenever I turn on my xbox, stating connection...
  10. I'm trying to install a game (fortnite) and whenever I try to, it stops the installation...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm trying to install a game (fortnite) and whenever I try to, it stops the installation...: I've already tried erasing local save data btw I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game but it comes back with the same notification 'this game requires an update' whenever I click...