whenever I put my "default communications output" to any of my headphones the sound turns...

Discus and support whenever I put my "default communications output" to any of my headphones the sound turns... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I mean ANY headphone wired or wireless... 9ce98c79-f058-4b23-87f3-60829fdbc7b5 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by jordon Hutchins, Jun 15, 2024.

1. whenever I put my "default communications output" to any of my headphones the sound turns...

I mean ANY headphone wired or wireless...

:)

jordon Hutchins, Jun 15, 2024
  2. ArminatorX Win User

usb sound cards

I got them connected to tv, but when i connect microphone the speakers turn off, and i dont want to use headset
    Your TV speakers turn off when you connect a microphone?

It might be, that you have set your audio settings to use headphone sound, whenever a headset is connected.

Go to the settings under Display and Sound, and turn off the option to have the sound output to the headphones.

Then you should be able to have a microphone connected to the controller, without the sound from the TV going out.
  3. Kannon Foddr Win User

Dolby Digital Signal

It's not the headphones. I'm getting the same problem with my Elite. I use both headphones (Astros) and my surround-sound room. At one point, the dolby signal gave out but I could fix it by going into the system settings, changing the sound output to
    stereo, then back to dolby, and it worked fine. But now, it doesn't work any more and the only sound output I get is in stereo (regardless of if the sound is going through my headphones or my receiver). It's a problem with the Xbox360. I'm looking around
    on the forums and I'm seeing a few other people reporting a similar issue, but I don't see any answers to the problem. Looks like I'll have to call Microsoft.
  4. Jesse E' Win User

Why does my headset only work when plugged into my controller while on my pc.

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

In the Sound Settings window, click “Manage sound devices” and see whether your “headset” or “headphones” are under the “Disabled” list. If they are, click them and click “Enable.”

To set your headphones as your default audio device, switching them to automatically connect as soon as they’re plugged in, go back to the Sound Settings menu.

Here, click the “Choose your output device” drop-down and select your headphones from the list.

If that doesn't work, you may want to reinstall or update your sound drivers.
  5. dazzlerazzle Win User

Xbox One and turtle beach

"I like to play games and watch movies with an Astro surround-sound headset, which decodes Dolby 5.1 audio from an optical input cable. However, the Xbox One is currently only able to output stereo and DTS Digital through its optical output. My headphone
    receiver can't read DTS Digital, so I have to output in stereo, and my surround headphones turn into regular old headphones. I've been asking Microsoft for the last week if they intend to add Dolby output to the optical audio port in the near future (it's
    an option for HDMI output), but haven't gotten a solid answer on whether a fix is coming."
  6. AJL32456 Win User

Unable to hear friends in the party chat

Hi,

I have this problem occasionally, to fix it I usually have to go into the sound settings and check that my computer is using the mic input and headphone output that I am using. If this is a setup you use regularly, you should also be able to set them as
    the default sound input and output, so that you don't have to change them back everytime you use the computer.

Hope this helps.
Thema:

whenever I put my "default communications output" to any of my headphones the sound turns...

1. whenever I put my "default communications output" to any of my headphones the sound turns... - Similar Threads - whenever put default

2. Trying to join a party but whenever i do i get kicked, same thing with hosting a party...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Trying to join a party but whenever i do i get kicked, same thing with hosting a party...: Hadn't had this issue until lately, tried power cycling, resetting the router, checked if my privacy settings were weird, it wasn't any of that, also the error code isn't listed anywhere which is...
  3. so whenever i run my moniter at 120 hertz it glitches out how do i fix this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    so whenever i run my moniter at 120 hertz it glitches out how do i fix this?: [img] entire bottom, how to fix? d8690fb6-60d1-42cf-a0bb-67e9ab1e0a35
  4. Blue screen error whenever I try to open Elden Ring

in XBoX on Windows
    Blue screen error whenever I try to open Elden Ring: I specifically started running into this issue after the dlc for Elden Ring went live on steam. I got the game to run smoothly once yesterday, but today I'm no longer having any success getting...
  5. My xbox series x, whenever i turn it on it will be on for like 2 seconds then will shut...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x, whenever i turn it on it will be on for like 2 seconds then will shut...: It was working fine just a few hours before and its not hot. 544c488e-0bd1-4de5-ad65-cf1f0d554101
  6. Why am I getting stuck in game chat whenever I start a party or invite someone and then I'm...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why am I getting stuck in game chat whenever I start a party or invite someone and then I'm...: My question was in the title. 000f7462-b93c-4241-a2b4-c7a3e1015b0c
  7. My internet starts to spike whenever I play Roblox, and it's really annoying.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My internet starts to spike whenever I play Roblox, and it's really annoying.: Roblox internet has been spiking for like a week now. I don't know why. Please help, Microsoft. 12f21ddb-5f2f-4d82-bf78-37b5d096e3aa
  8. Error 0x87DD0017 whenever I turn on my xbox, stating connection problems with my internet....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error 0x87DD0017 whenever I turn on my xbox, stating connection problems with my internet....: I haven't used my xbox series X much recently, came back online recently and had to do update for system. Now I keep getting error 0x87DD0017 whenever I turn on my xbox, stating connection...
  9. Whenever I try to log in on my account and change something to it tells me to put the code...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Whenever I try to log in on my account and change something to it tells me to put the code...: Whenever I try to log in to my account and change something to it tells me to put the code from my email. I put it and then it asks me for the code again and again in a loop. I can't even log in...
  10. Why is it whenever I put my Modern Warfare 2 Cross Gen disc into my Xbox it doesn’t even...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is it whenever I put my Modern Warfare 2 Cross Gen disc into my Xbox it doesn’t even...: Modern Warfare 2 Cross Gen won’t show up in Queue e1c9c00b-0712-4c8e-ab21-66846022ffe2