Whenever I play an online game through the Xbox App on my PC it distorts my microphone...

Discus and support Whenever I play an online game through the Xbox App on my PC it distorts my microphone... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; whenever i try to play an online game through the xbox app it distorts my mic audio in discord or xbox game bar. it distorts my mic so bad my friends... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dylan Keas, Oct 21, 2023.

1. Dylan Keas
    Dylan Keas Guest

Whenever I play an online game through the Xbox App on my PC it distorts my microphone...

whenever i try to play an online game through the xbox app it distorts my mic audio in discord or xbox game bar. it distorts my mic so bad my friends can’t understand a word i’m saying and it’s only when i play a game through the xbox app (Snowrunner, Valhiem, Ark). I’ve tried everything and nothing seems to work

***Moved from Windows / Windows 11 / Devices and drivers***

:)

Dylan Keas, Oct 21, 2023
  2. Dylan Keas Win User

Whenever I play an online game through the Xbox App on my PC it distorts my microphone audio in all voice chat apps. (Discord, Xbox Game Bar, etc)

-audio drivers are updated

- input and output are correct on both xbox app and computer settings

- microphone audio works fine when playing the same game through a different launcher or platform

- all other apps using my mic are disabled

- headset (astro a10s) are a plug in and have worked fine for months.

issue only happens when I go into an online game

example: I'm in a Valhiem online server with no one in it and my mic audio will be perfect. Then someone joins the game and it instantly distorts it.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Whenever I play an online game through the Xbox App on my PC it distorts my microphone audio in all voice chat apps. (Discord, Xbox Game Bar, etc)

Hello Dylan Keas,

Thank you for your response.

- Check your network speed and stability. You can use the Xbox Networking feature in the Xbox App to test your network performance and see if there are any issues with your latency or packet loss. If you see any problems, try to restart your router, modem, or PC, and see if that improves the situation.

- Check your audio settings in the Xbox App and in the game. Make sure that your microphone and speakers are set to the correct devices and that the volume and input levels are appropriate. You can also try to adjust the audio quality and bitrate in the Xbox App settings, under Audio & Video. Sometimes, lowering the quality or bitrate can help with audio distortion.

- Check the game server status and settings. Some online games may have server issues that affect the audio quality for all players. You can check the official website or social media accounts of the game developer to see if there are any reports of server problems or maintenance. You can also try to change the server region or join a different online game to see if that makes a difference.

If everything has been checked and still have the same issue, kindly create a new Windows user and switch to this new user profile.

Once logged in on the new profile, try to install/play a game online and see if you will still experience the same issue.

Please see: Create a local user or administrator account in Windows - Microsoft Support

Kindly also provide us with your devices specs, make and model.

The current Windows version and edition (Search for WINVER to get this information)
  4. CarTzy Win User

Hello Dylan Keas,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your mic audio when playing online games through the Xbox app. There are a few possible causes for this issue, such as incompatible drivers, incorrect audio settings, or interference from other applications. To help you resolve this issue, I need to ask you some questions:

- What kind of mic are you using? Is it a headset, a standalone mic, or a built-in mic on your device?

- Have you checked the mic settings on your device and on the Xbox app? Are they set to the correct input and output devices?

- Have you tried updating the drivers for your mic and your sound card?

- Have you tried using a different mic or a different device to see if the problem persists?

- Have you tried playing the same games on a different platform, such as Steam or Epic Games, to see if the problem is specific to the Xbox app?

Here are some steps you can try to fix the problem:

- Make sure your mic and headset are plugged in securely and not damaged.

- Update your audio drivers to the latest version from the manufacturer's website.

- Check your audio settings in the Xbox app, Discord, and Xbox Game Bar. Make sure the input and output devices are set correctly and the volume levels are appropriate.

- Disable any other applications that may be using your mic, such as Skype, Zoom, or Cortana.

- Restart your PC and try playing the game again.

Please see:

Troubleshoot game audio or video issues on Windows | Xbox Support

Windows Sonic, Dolby Atmos, and DTS Headphone:X headset settings on Xbox | Xbox Support

Troubleshoot Game Bar on Windows | Xbox Support

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  5. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question?

Thank you for understanding.
  6. Coolarj10 Win User

Bug: Microphone doesn't work after disconnecting Windows 10 streaming

Thank you Bestlano!

Another issue I'm running into with the headset adapter + windows 10 streaming:

I docked my surface pro 2 into the docking station, which has a wired PC microphone plugged in. When I start playing (Rainbow Six Siege), the game audio is coming through my headset adapter (via the Xbos Stereo Headset), but the Windows 10 Xbox app is utilizing
    my wired PC microphone instead of the Stereo Headset/Headset Adapter. I can't figure out a way to force the streaming app to use the microphone plugged into my controller...

(not sure if I should document this issue in another thread)

It seems there may be some minor issues between the Windows 10 Xbox streaming application when used with the Xbox Headset Adapter.
Thema:

1. Whenever I play an online game through the Xbox App on my PC it distorts my microphone... - Similar Threads - Whenever play online

2. My internet starts to spike whenever I play Roblox, and it's really annoying.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My internet starts to spike whenever I play Roblox, and it's really annoying.: Roblox internet has been spiking for like a week now. I don't know why. Please help, Microsoft. 12f21ddb-5f2f-4d82-bf78-37b5d096e3aa
  3. hey, i redeemed a code but i don't know how I can now play because whenever i go to the...

in XBoX on Windows
    hey, i redeemed a code but i don't know how I can now play because whenever i go to the...: hey, i redeemed a code but i don't know how I can now play because whenever i go to the minecraft launcher it asks me to pay and now im just stuck. 59a8cd70-d4cd-4550-9c29-a28c2f7736c6
  4. Whenever I was playing my game, my analog stick would always move correctly on time so we...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Whenever I was playing my game, my analog stick would always move correctly on time so we...: Whenever I play my game call of duty whenever I try and move my analog stick up and down before this happened. It was perfectly fine and it always respond it on time but now whenever I try and...
  5. Whenever I try to play Xbox 360 games on my Xbox series X I can’t connect my profile.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Whenever I try to play Xbox 360 games on my Xbox series X I can’t connect my profile.: For over a year now, I haven’t been able to play any Xbox 360 games online. Initially, when the issue started Every time I tried to load an Xbox 360 game I couldn’t sign into my accounts on the...
  6. Whenever i play windows roblox the game freezes, but i can hear all the game sounds still,...

in XBoX on Windows
    Whenever i play windows roblox the game freezes, but i can hear all the game sounds still,...: I have been playing windows roblox on my computer, i was doing fine until my roblox began to freeze, not a single error message in sight. i could still hear the game sounds and that, but the...
  7. Why does an error pop up whenever I try to allow cross network play

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does an error pop up whenever I try to allow cross network play: yesterday I changed my cross network play to block so I could play on Xbox servers but when I woke up today and tried to change it back to allow a message popped up saying there’s temporary...
  8. Whenever i play games it freezes.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Whenever i play games it freezes.: It freezes often and it looks like the frames drop but the audio also sounds slowed down and choppy. I have tried everything like running scans for malware, checked the disk and I have checked...
  9. why is there a ghost controller whenever i use xbox remote play on my laptop?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why is there a ghost controller whenever i use xbox remote play on my laptop?: i’m trying to play fifa 23 for series s/x on my xbox using remote play from my laptop and each time i get into a game wether that be kick off, skill game or practice (anything that requires me to...
  10. Whenever I tried playing red dead redemption 1 online it says your gamer profile does not...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Whenever I tried playing red dead redemption 1 online it says your gamer profile does not...: It works on my second xbox one on my account but not this xbox one 2ab53a0c-245d-4586-9b86-b725338a56e2