When you refund a game you purchased with a Xbox gift card, does it give you the balance back?

Discus and support When you refund a game you purchased with a Xbox gift card, does it give you the balance back? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I’ve refunded Halo MCC which I bought with a gift card, do the funds actually get reinstated? When my refund request was approved the website basically... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by FlipCoffee, Dec 27, 2022.

1. FlipCoffee
    FlipCoffee Guest

When you refund a game you purchased with a Xbox gift card, does it give you the balance back?

I’ve refunded Halo MCC which I bought with a gift card, do the funds actually get reinstated? When my refund request was approved the website basically said “we’ll respond when the funds are restored to your account.”And yet I then got an email that basically said it can take up to 5 days to restore the balance to your card, that would be literally useless since as far as I’m aware, they can’t actually send anything to the card directly because I don’t have my card linked up with my xbox yet, so will I actually ever get the funds back in my Xbox account?

(P.S. I Know I probably sound stupid, but I literally just got a SERIES X yesterday and the last Xbox I’ve used is the 360 S. so I basically don’t know Microsoft’s new policies.)

:)

FlipCoffee, Dec 27, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Once the refund has been approved and already stated as "refunded" on your order history (https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders), it will now depend on your bank on when they will credit back the money but it usually takes 5-7 business days if you used your card from back or PayPal.

This means that if you use your Microsoft balance in purchasing the refunded item, it should be credited back to your Microsoft balance as well.
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

Where do games purchased with Verizon billing get refunded?

When you get refunded, it gets refunded to the choice of payment you made. So if was a card payment it would be refunded back on the card. If it was gift card then the refund goes back to Microsoft Account balance. For you, then the refund should go back on the Verizon billing.
  4. steeledwand7664 Win User

LIED TO BY A ONLINE CHAT HELPER

Once you put the xbox gift card onto your account and its in your Microsoft account balance you can then go to microsoftstore.com and sign in with the account that has the gift card money on it and purchase a xbox live digital subscription card and when
    going through the checkout process it will give you the option to use the Microsoft account balance to make the purchase. it will then give you a new 25 character code to put in that will give you the amount of time that you purchased on a live subscription.
  5. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

Refund with an gift card

It would depend. A refunded Xbox gift card purchase will go back into your Microsoft Account via your 'Microsoft Account Balance...' since that's how Xbox gift card money is accredited to your account.

There is a strong chance that if you were using another type of pre-paid gift card, such as a pre-paid Visa Debit gift card... then you would probably see it go back to the gift card. You would most likely want to get that gift card registered online through
    the method you would use to check the balance that should be listed on the back of the card. Typically those Visa gift cards have some sort of account you can make to register them to, so that would need to get squared away first before you went through with
    the refund.
  6. steeledwand7664 Win User

digital code redeemed but in store says need to buy still

A lot of times when you purchase a game like that from GameStop what they actually do is give you the amount on a gift card that you would put into your account that would go into your MS/Xbox account balance and then you would just need to purchase the
    game with that gift card money.

have you checked your MS/Xbox account balance to see if this is what possibly happened?
Thema:

1. When you refund a game you purchased with a Xbox gift card, does it give you the balance back? - Similar Threads - refund game purchased

2. I recently refunded a game and it says I cant play it but when I go to my revolute account...

in XBoX on Windows
    I recently refunded a game and it says I cant play it but when I go to my revolute account...: Here is the Revolut message 6dd93ab6-f3ba-42c2-92eb-468690d1d368
  3. I’ve been waiting for refund from game purchases since December, they have been accepted I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’ve been waiting for refund from game purchases since December, they have been accepted I...: My son was incorrectly charged for vbucks in December, I’ve been waiting since then for a refund. It has been excepted but I can’t find anywhere to discuss this as surely it should of been...
  4. Refund for game pass purchase that was not me

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Refund for game pass purchase that was not me: Game pass charge for $52 on my account. My game pass renews the 18th of every month. This purchase was not me. f29c9ebe-3d21-4881-a117-ae57d3c15492
  5. Refund on wrong purchase digital game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Refund on wrong purchase digital game: I was wondering if I could get a refund on a digital game I got. The wrong one eac5b129-f1a4-4256-86b9-acaa60f92eeb
  6. i would like to get a refund for a game that i purchased

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i would like to get a refund for a game that i purchased: Today i purchased GTA 5 but it won't download. i've tried trouble shooting and iv'e also tried the solutions that have been mentioned and it still won't download. So i would like to have a refund...
  7. Can I refund an accidental purchase for a game I've already played on game pass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I refund an accidental purchase for a game I've already played on game pass?: I just purchased minecraft on the store rather than renewing my game pass thinking that I would be able to play online with my friends without the game pass subscription, and I would have the...
  8. Refund Request for Game Pass Purchase

in XBoX on Windows
    Refund Request for Game Pass Purchase: Both the xbox app and gamepass for whatever reason has decided not to work this month, so I'd like to request a refund for this months purchase. I cant make a ticket online because it doesn't...
  9. How do i get a refund on in game purchases because the purchase on content didn’t pop up...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do i get a refund on in game purchases because the purchase on content didn’t pop up...: I tried to purchase 20 dollars of in game content one time and it bought it twice and a 5 dollar one and i want a refund for all of it because none of it even popped up but it still charged me...
  10. How do i get a refund on a game i accidentally purchased

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do i get a refund on a game i accidentally purchased: I accidentally bought. 2k23 and want a refund please 786638c2-06fb-4178-bedf-ea3893bbee6a