When will widescreen/multi-monitor support be added to Xbox?/Will Xbox ever get DisplayPort?

Discus and support When will widescreen/multi-monitor support be added to Xbox?/Will Xbox ever get DisplayPort? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have been looking at monitors all week for a dual monitor Xbox Series S setup only to find out two things, one Xbox doesn't have DisplayPort meaning... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Biosyn4898, Jul 24, 2023.

1. Biosyn4898
    Biosyn4898 Guest

When will widescreen/multi-monitor support be added to Xbox?/Will Xbox ever get DisplayPort?

I have been looking at monitors all week for a dual monitor Xbox Series S setup only to find out two things, one Xbox doesn't have DisplayPort meaning I have to either get a worse monitor or get a converter, either way I lose at least 10hz or 10 fps, and two Xbox doesn't even support multi-monitor setups or widescreen monitors. The main reason I want widescreen or dual monitor is so that local split-screen for games like Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Zombies doesn't squish the sides and make it look all weird. Also, before anyone asks if I read the other threads, I did and they are all dead or provided no actual information on how to dual or widescreen monitor on Xbox consoles. If a moderator or better yet an employee reads this it really shouldn't be that hard to support dual or widescreen monitors, I mean DisplayPort may be a little far-fetched, but if you remember back to when the original Xbox was revealed one of the main selling points was that it was highly based off of Windows, which later in the presentation they said it would make it easier to develop games for it instead of taking a standalone console approach like PlayStation, as there were already lots of games for Windows which could be easily ported over. Now unless they changed this philosophy of making the Xbox consoles similar to Windows gaming PCs, (which I don't think it has because you can literally emulate games using the DevMode or whatever it's called for 20 dollars a month) then it should be insanely easy to add support for widescreen monitors and multi-monitor setups and should also be fairly easy to add DisplayPort compatibility, and before someone says "How would you know if it's easy or not you aren't designing the consoles" no I don't design Xbox consoles, but I have been building custom PCs for years and on top of that my family has been dabbling in computer science for 3 generations (Including me), so going back to the 'Xbox consoles are supposed to be similar to Windows PCs I know a thing or two about hardware.

:)

Biosyn4898, Jul 24, 2023
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Yes but you don't seem to understand

Consoles.cant goto 8k and not certainly at 120hz at 8k

It's a future spec of ps5 and xbox series x

Fyi even though the tv's exists there isn't anything that can output to 8k

NO video.game.or.computer.can output that high
    My humble RTX 3080 can output in 8K, not that I have 8K TV though. It's false to say no computer can output to 8K.

I've seen many PC games running in 8K, the hardware requirements are insane of course, and it's only really possible to get playable frame rates with DLSS or FSR upscaling.
  3. ngocphi Win User

Yes but you don't seem to understand

Consoles.cant goto 8k and not certainly at 120hz at 8k

It's a future spec of ps5 and xbox series x

Fyi even though the tv's exists there isn't anything that can output to 8k

NO video.game.or.computer.can output that high

Not.to.mention would be limited to media and since there are no 8k.disks fyi.bluray don't have the capacity yet even at 100gigs on fixed bluray drives (not.media but trayed blurays for commercial purposes not media )

For.media it is limited to 50gigs

Basically it's something sisplay port maybe capable of but there isn't a graphics card that can use or display 8k and an 8k monitor wouldn't be consumer grade product

Those are limited to professional grade tvs or monitors

All.the tv's outr there now don't have media that take advantage of it

Your request is for multi screen support or wide screen ultra support not 8k

As mentioned its not a function of consoles nor pcs can display at 8k
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

I agree with most of your reply except for you saying "DisplayPort is just redundant HDMI and really shouldn't exist", because HDMI runs 8K at 60hz, but DisplayPort runs 8K at 120hz. DisplayPort is always going to be twice as fast.
    None of this makes much difference here as jt's not as simple as adding a DP port. To add such a port would mean a more expensive system board. DP isn't even specifically needed for ultra wide anyway.
  5. Biosyn4898 Win User

I agree with most of your reply except for you saying "DisplayPort is just redundant HDMI and really shouldn't exist", because HDMI runs 8K at 60hz, but DisplayPort runs 8K at 120hz. DisplayPort is always going to be twice as fast.
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

DisplayPort is just redundant HDMI and really shouldn't. even exist

Xbox is a game console designed for the mass market and therefore is designed with televisions in mind. It is not designed to be a PC or to feature the flexibility of one. Games are designed to use the full power of the system, on one screen.

Xbox consoles are not supposed to be windows PCs. while they share many of the same technologies, their implementation is entirely custom, and there is absolutely no way to do a one to one conversion.

If someone is using DevMode for purposes other than developing software, they are violating TOS and can be banned Dev mode also severely limits your access to system resources. It is meant for hobbyists, not commercial products.
Thema:

1. When will widescreen/multi-monitor support be added to Xbox?/Will Xbox ever get DisplayPort? - Similar Threads - widescreen multi monitor

2. Xbox randomly went into widescreen and wont go back to full screen.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox randomly went into widescreen and wont go back to full screen.: And this just happened randomly while I was in a game too. At first I thought I had hit my remote and changed the display setting maybe, but that has not been the case. I've gone through every...
  3. Xiaomi 34" widescreen gaming monitor issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xiaomi 34" widescreen gaming monitor issues: I have an xbox one x + xiaomi 34" 24:9 widescreen which supports 4k and 144hz. 1. 120hz is only available for 1080p, but even this comes with a glitchy screen. Only one half of the screen is...
  4. Samsung QLED 49" on XboxOne X Widescreen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Samsung QLED 49" on XboxOne X Widescreen: How can I use my 49" QLED on my Xbox One X? I find no resolution? I would like to play fifa19 or even fifa20 in widescreen.. f0963517-51c9-4d19-b1dd-b2a3e91e2233
  5. How do I tell if a movie is in widescreen or full screen on the digital marketplace

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    How do I tell if a movie is in widescreen or full screen on the digital marketplace: I want to buy some older movies from the marketplace but some of the trailers for older movies are in full screen and it looks like it cuts of most of the picture. Is there a way to tell if you...
  6. Game streams in widescreen instead of full screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game streams in widescreen instead of full screen: Like the subject says, when I stream to Windows 10, the stream opens in widescreen and stretched out and blurry with a black bar at the top and one at the bottom. Sometimes it will randomly go...
  7. Minesweeper Adventure Mode - problems with resolution 1600x900 (or maybe widescreen at all?)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minesweeper Adventure Mode - problems with resolution 1600x900 (or maybe widescreen at all?): Hi, as already stated in this thread, according to my discoveries Adventure Mode seems to have a problem with the resolution of 1600x900. The right side is not rendered completely, making it...
  8. Comcast guide no longer in widescreen when using passthrough

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Comcast guide no longer in widescreen when using passthrough: Anyone have any ideas how to fix this? 45ae2486-103d-49fd-a4c8-089e0ccf5608
  9. Video from NAS displays 4:3 and not in widescreen on Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Video from NAS displays 4:3 and not in widescreen on Xbox One: As the title says, ALL my .AVI videos on my NAS are playing/displaying in 4:3 ( in fact I would say 4:4 or square). They are all encoded as follows; ID :0Format :MPEG-4 VisualFormat profile...
  10. Xbox One 1650 x 1080 widescreen support like the Xbox 360 has.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One 1650 x 1080 widescreen support like the Xbox 360 has.: Could you add more resolution options in the DVI section of the display settings. A much broader range of resolutions much like it's predecessor the Xbox 360. Especially 1650 x 1080 widescreen...