When will there be an update that allows Xbox player to connect USB Mic?

Discus and support When will there be an update that allows Xbox player to connect USB Mic? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My question is, how come there isn't yet an update that allows you to use an external microphone via usb?! I feel to me like its not hard to do and it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by APM Nukii, Jun 1, 2023.

1. APM Nukii
    APM Nukii Guest

My question is, how come there isn't yet an update that allows you to use an external microphone via usb?!

I feel to me like its not hard to do and it will help a lot for streamer and people who want to use good quality mic.
    It's a problem that has been around for years while other platforms have the ability to decide the inputs they want.

So is it so hard to add a menu to choose inputs from?

:)

APM Nukii, Jun 1, 2023
  2. CosmicCraze Win User

I don't have access to information about future updates for Xbox or any other platform. However, you can follow the official Xbox news channels to stay updated on any announcements or changes related to Xbox features and compatibility.
  3. Ronnieee Win User

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you have a question about using the USB for mic.

Try checking this link to see if this can answer your question:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...

But I believe they are slowly updating consoles now to have these devices compatible through USB but as of the moment, they do not have that feature yet although they do work on controllers with the 3.5mm jack.
  4. Tezzarrific Win User

Because they opted not to licence the specific tech as it would add extra cost, it is not a simple case of updating the system.
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

A security chip is required for anything other than keyboard and mouse to function

If it doesn't say "designed for Xbox" it doesn't work

The Turtle Beach stream mic will work with Xbox.

You need to ask companies to make devices to do what you want. You have purchased a subsidized under cost, often to the tune of hundreds of dollars device. Were the Series X priced like a normal product, it would be over $1000

One of the ways this money is returned is via peripheral licenses

If you wish the freedom to do what you want, you need to purchase a PC, which is far more appropriate for what you're trying to do anyway.
  6. Mistress Sara Win User

Is the XBOX wireless controller a wireless controller?

Hi there,

Have you done all the updates on the computer to allow for controller to connect?

Does it work when you connect the controller via USB cable?
Thema:

1. When will there be an update that allows Xbox player to connect USB Mic? - Similar Threads - update allows player

2. Xbox Update Stuck.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Update Stuck.: Hey! So I started updating me xbox and now it's stuck on 2%. Any help please? It won't move at all and im scared If I turn it off it will get corrupted. 31d91c7a-a0d2-4904-84bd-53f94fc5a103
  3. Hey i accidentally turned off my xbox 1s from 2016 while it was getting its updated and...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hey i accidentally turned off my xbox 1s from 2016 while it was getting its updated and...: Help, my xbox 1s from 2016 was updating but I turned it off and the screen isn't projecting anything the consoles sould be giving. 82a5784e-5d95-40ac-8166-c158cfe6dd2b
  4. June 24, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Alpha (2408.240620-0830)

in XboX Insiders
    June 24, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Alpha (2408.240620-0830): Hey Xbox Insiders! We are releasing a new Xbox Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: June 24, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Alpha (2408.240620-0830) Feel free...
  5. June 24, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2408.240620-0830)

in XboX Insiders
    June 24, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2408.240620-0830): Hey Xbox Insiders! We are releasing a new Xbox Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: June 24, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2408.240620-0830)...
  6. when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash

in XBoX on Consoles
    when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash: when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash i formatted it to ntfs and installed the osu1 extracted it put it in the flash and then plugged my...
  7. Unable to update Family Safety to allow child to add friends in Minecraft (he's playing on...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Unable to update Family Safety to allow child to add friends in Minecraft (he's playing on...: My son is playing Mine Craft on his PC. He's attempting to add friends, but it's saying 'the parent needs to go to Family Safety to enable him to add friends.' I've gone to Microsoft's Family...
  8. Game Pass for PC not allowing installs or updates

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Pass for PC not allowing installs or updates: I've seen this question posted for several years, and I've tried several different methods people have suggested for fixing this, but nothing has worked. Destiny 2 dlc won't install, it won't...
  9. New system update doesn’t allow homescreen edits now

in XboX Insiders
    New system update doesn’t allow homescreen edits now: So turned on my Xbox today. I can only have 2 of my groups on the homescreen. Meanwhile Xbox has almost a dozen groups on there I don’t want. You can’t edit them, only the 2 groups are changeable....
  10. My Xbox one won”t allow me to install or update any apps or game I currently have downloaded

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox one won”t allow me to install or update any apps or game I currently have downloaded: As the title says, I can’t update or install anything. I can download games from disks but immediately after they are done installing it says I need to update them and I refuses to update them....