When will the XBOX ONE bitstream DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD lossless formats?

Discus and support When will the XBOX ONE bitstream DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD lossless formats? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; With the March update I see that the XBOX ONE finally bitstreams DTS and Dolby. However, it's still missing our Blu-ray's lossless formats! When are... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Sebastian [MSFT], Mar 5, 2014.

1. When will the XBOX ONE bitstream DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD lossless formats?

With the March update I see that the XBOX ONE finally bitstreams DTS and Dolby. However, it's still missing our Blu-ray's lossless formats! When are those coming?

Thanks,

-UNREAL

:)

Sebastian [MSFT], Mar 5, 2014
  2. Sound Settings in Xbox One not sticking once I turn the system off and use it again later in the day.

One question, why have hdmi from receiver to tv AND an optical to tv as well? Hdmi should carry the audio, so not sure why you would use optical to tv as well.

If your watching blu ray movies I would stick to uncompressed. Blu ray movies almost always have a lossless track (Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD master audio) which is a clear step up from normal Dolby digital or DTS. Uncompressed should pass the lossless tracks,
    where Dolby digital or DTS will not. Don't worry about the Dolby or DTS light on your receiver. Only reason that they may sounds better is IF you are usb a surround processing mode that only works on a bitstream signal.

Lord Vader 631, Mar 5, 2014
  3. Dolby true HD or DTS Master HD audio bitstream

will XBox One X support Dolby true HD or DTS Master HD audio bitstream select along with pass through?

The GmC GaMeR, Mar 5, 2014
  4. When will the XBOX ONE bitstream DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD lossless formats?

I'd love to know too. Getting a little annoyed with all the stuff that's missing that SHOULD be there but doesn't sound like we'll be getting. Like HD audio and 3d

Prezdead-5478B08A-FC7D-425B-BF6E-9F1ED3BF584A, Mar 6, 2014
  5. Koop10010
    Koop10010 Guest
    There's no need to support anything other than uncompressed audio over HDMI. While adding the option to simply pass on the encoded audio seems simple, it would be complicated by the Xbox One's snap feature because it would have to mix audio, which can only
    be done when uncompressed. So in that case it would have to decode the HD codec into PCM, mix it with another source, and losslessly encode it again just so your receiver can decode it back to PCM. Much simpler to just have the Xbox One always output uncompressed.

Koop10010, Mar 6, 2014
  6. The codecs are already there. The DTS-MA and Dolby TruHD codes have been there the WHOLE TIME. The Xbox just doesn't send them to your receiver in a compressed format. The Xbox One decodes these tracks and sends the raw PCM data (better) to your HDMI reciever.
    You receiver doesn't even NEED a be able to decode TruHD or DTA-MA, it just needs to be able to accept HDMI PCM.

CircusNurgling, Mar 6, 2014
  7. What needs to happen is Microsoft needs to let users choose a "preferred" audio codec for Snap. When Snap is engaged and more than one application is being used simultaneously (i.e. TV, movie, and game), then the console should convert the source codecs
    into whatever was chosen as the "preferred" Snap audio option.

In the general audio options, there needs to be an option to choose "native bitstream." This option would not force you to choose between DTS or Dolby (as it does today). When only one application is active, then the audio signal for whatever source that
    is, should be outputted in its native bitstream format. For instance, if I was watching a Bluray movie and the TV wasn't active and I didn't have any games engaged, then the console should determine what type of audio is native to the disc. If I had selected
    "native bitstream" as my audio setting, and if Dolby TrueHD was what was encoded on the Bluray disc, then as the bitstream flowed into my audio receiver, my receive would detect this, light up with the "Dolby TrueHD" identifier, and I would be blessed with
    the lossless sound that the filmmakers intended me to hear.

If Microsoft's intention was to make the XBOX One truly the go-to entertainment hub, this is how they should have programmed the console. I hope they do something like this soon. Until then, my TV is not hubbed into my console as I can't stand and abide
    by the audio changes it keeps making to the programs I watch. If I had an option to disengage my Bluray viewing like this, trust me, I would.

Using the current "uncompressed" audio isn't true. I suspect that the console is decoding it and then changing it. I know this because when I pass my TV signal through the XB1 console, the left/right/rear channels come out with a subdued clarity and volume,
    as opposed to a sound that is very bright and conforms to my volume setting when I bypass the XB1 console.

AlejandroRPXXX, Mar 24, 2014
  8. bozborn
    bozborn Guest

When will the XBOX ONE bitstream DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD lossless formats?

I started a Xbox Feedback idea here:

[Mod Removed -please
    see Xbox forum guidelines]

bozborn, Jun 10, 2014
  9. BXsavage26
    BXsavage26 Guest
    PCM 7.1 dose not sound the same as dolby tru HD or DTS MA. my PS4 dose all this and you can here the difference when watching a blu ray movie so there for the xbox one dose not have tru HD or DTS MA cause if it did i will not have to mess with my receiver
    so i can hear all my speakers are on.

BXsavage26, Jul 12, 2014
  10. The dtsmaster code once you uncompress it what do you get? Yup that's right the pcm code. Now why don't they both sound the same? Because you are dealing with two differenet types of sound decoders. A console for sound decoding is no where near the level
    of a decoder on a receiver and especially a higher end processor. I don't know why they go that far to decode the sound when they are low end of the spectrum as far as sound quality. I have a Xbox one and also would like native bit streaming. So my higher
    end processor can decode it and do what it's job is. And that is to decode sound as it's highest quality then pass it in pcm to my amps. So in the end dtshd is just the zip or rar version of the movie industry. consoles or lower end devices should never decode
    dtshd as they are not the same qualility. Let the public with their own receivers handle what their receiver was made for. To decode sound. Until they fix this I might give the Xbox one to my son and buy a oppo 105. Now that is a real decoder there.

Sonic Extreme, Jul 23, 2014
  11. jonboy0373
    jonboy0373 Guest
    Any ideas when this will be fixed? I'm at the point where this so called all in one console will be returned

jonboy0373, Aug 24, 2014
  12. I finally bought an Xb1 and one of the reasons was for blu-rays feeding my Marantz receiver and high end speakers. OMG this sounds like GARBAGE!!!! Please please pass thru Tru and Master audio. My 8 year old Sony bd player sounds way better than this console.
    So much for all in one! I might return the Xbox and step up to an Oppo as well.

PH0ENiX Ri5iNG, Aug 28, 2014
  13. Bull_Auger
    Bull_Auger Guest

here is my 10 cents on the matter.

Most Blu rays movies have multiple audio tracks; one being the compressed lossless audio track and the uncompressed audio track but the difference between them two is the resolution. I have seen some uncompressed audio be 16bit and then see compressed
    lossless audio be 24bit or even 36bit. Which if you listen to both you do hear a difference.

I like to see this changed as well (nothing beats visually seeing what your really hearing), but you could make sure that before playing your movie have it select the compressed lossless audio track before playing the movie. This will ensure that xbox
    decoding the right track.

Bull_Auger, Sep 25, 2014
  14. Hi everyone! There is a post on feedback.xbox.com for this. Please go and vote for it!

Visit feedback.xbox.com and search for "Proper HD Audio Support".

Sebastian [MSFT], Nov 5, 2014
  15. This makes the Xbox One an inferior choice as a central media player over its competitors, the PlayStation 3 or 4, and even your el-cheapo standalone players (some retailing for $50). I really didn't want to have to connect another player for bluray playback.

Some say it doesn't matter because 7.1 uncompressed is just ad good. That's not true. I have a high end Denon AVR. It has much better processing and for these codecs. A/B comparison on my PS3 showed better dynamic range and low end punch.

It is possible to mix new audio and reinsert it into the compressed audio. That's what's done with menu audio. Maybe that's too much for snap. I would prefer to disable snap while watching bluray if that's the case.

All in all, the is a feature that will hurt sales if any die hard audiophiles look into the specs. We don't spend $1000's on audio equipment to compromise on a transport (media player).

MatrixDweller, Nov 16, 2014
Thema:

1. When will the XBOX ONE bitstream DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD lossless formats? - Similar Threads - bitstream DTS Master

2. I have a Yamaha rx v681 connected to my xsx with bitstream dts x selected but I get no...

in XboX Insiders
    I have a Yamaha rx v681 connected to my xsx with bitstream dts x selected but I get no...: DTS:X Yamaha rx v681 submitted by /u/CG679 [link] [comments]
  3. When will the XBOX ONE bitstream DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD lossless formats?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When will the XBOX ONE bitstream DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD lossless formats?: When will the XBOX ONE bitstream DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD lossless formats? Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD signals not sent to reciever d6e53a54-a891-48af-9d41-cf336131c1eb
  4. DTS bitstream passthrough not working properly when playing DVD

in XBoX on Consoles
    DTS bitstream passthrough not working properly when playing DVD: Hi, I've got an Xbox One S (European variant - DVD Region 2, Blu-ray Region B), it's fully updated (OS version 10.0.17763.3066) and overall I'm pretty happy with it. It also doubles as a main...
  5. Dolby true HD or DTS Master HD audio bitstream

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby true HD or DTS Master HD audio bitstream: will XBox One X support Dolby true HD or DTS Master HD audio bitstream select along with pass through? f3114be9-fcff-4f52-93b1-12f0b5e60003
  6. XBOX ONE bitstream DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD lossless formats?

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE bitstream DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD lossless formats?: WEll i read the old thread just borrowed the headline some one talked about not getting Blu Ray lossless audio via HDMI if you Connect an Optical audio Cable between the Xbox One and receiver...
  7. Bitstream setting-Why forced to choose DTS or Dolby?!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bitstream setting-Why forced to choose DTS or Dolby?!: To XBOX One Team, I am very disappointed to see that I have to select a CODEC even after selecting BITSTREAM audio out. :-( The Blu-ray movies which provide Dolby True HD and DTS Master HD...
  8. Bitstream DTS reported as 5.1 not 7.1

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bitstream DTS reported as 5.1 not 7.1: I currently have Xbox One connected to a Sony MDR-HW700DS. The Xbox One is set to output Bitstream in DTS format. When using that setting the Sony receiver is showing a 5.1 input, If I set the...
  9. Bitstream Audio DTS / DD cannot get center channel to play audio with HDMI passthrough

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bitstream Audio DTS / DD cannot get center channel to play audio with HDMI passthrough: I have a Dennon AVR3313 that supports both DTS / DD. When I play my DirectTV receiver via TV passthrough I cannot get the center channel to play. I have tried every setting on my receiver (yes...
  10. Dolby and DTS Bitstream Sound Lag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby and DTS Bitstream Sound Lag: I have been enjoying some Call of Duty Ghosts on my Monitor with audio from the HDMI and suddenly my Surround Sound turned on and i heard two click every time i was browsing a menu in the Xbox...