When will the smell go away?

Discus and support When will the smell go away? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I spilled shrimp scampi sauce in my Xbox series X. Whenever its on it smells like it now. But the Xbox works completely fine. When do you think the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by leora klaus, Nov 19, 2023.

1. leora klaus
    leora klaus Guest

I spilled shrimp scampi sauce in my Xbox series X. Whenever its on it smells like it now. But the Xbox works completely fine. When do you think the smell will go away. It happened 3 weeks ago.

:)

leora klaus, Nov 19, 2023
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

I would get this cleaned ASAP. Liquid spillage (almost any type of liquid) will eventually damage the motherboard of the console, eating away at the tracers on the circuit board. It may be working now, but eventually it most certainly won't be.
  3. Annanda Martins Win User

Hi, my name is Annanda, thank you for your question and for reaching out.

We cannot guarantee when the smell will go away, but your console needs to be cleansed, especially since this can damage it, so if you cannot clean it, i would recommend taking it to a Technical Support. If you don't have any where you live, i recommend contacting Support about it.

https://support.xbox.com/contact-us/

I hope I was able to answer your questions! Please, if you have any other doubts, we are here to help.

If the reply was helpful, please don’t forget to upvote or accept as an answer, thank you.

Best Regards, Annanda.
  4. Hordie Win User

XBOX ONE X “PROJECT SCORPIO” EDITION Hot & Smells

Hi Forb1dden1,

Sorry your X if giving a smell. Hard to say without actually smelling it, but I would let it run a bit. It's either one of two things, either a bad console, or new electronics. First, make sure it's in a well ventilated area. If it appears to work well,
    then just keep watching it, and see if the smell goes away. If you're still having issues with the smell, then you can see if the retailer has replacement Scorpio editions, which I doubt they do, in which case you would need to do a warranty replacement
    here.

Like I said though, I would for sure let it go a bit and watch it closely. Sometimes new electronics just smell funny when they heat up for the first time.
  5. ScottTHEscammeR Win User

Xbox One X weird smell

Maybe you're sense of smell is better than most, and its normal. I would just make sure to keep an eye on it for a day or two and see if the smell goes away.
  6. camel120 Win User

burning type smell coming from new xbox 360

As with most new products this happens (just like that new item smell)

IF the smell does not fade out from use a good 24hrs of HARD use ( being on most of the time).

Then take it back to store or request MS/XBL repair to look at it.

IF you see smoke unplug system and get it replaced. I have had this happen when the slims first came out went away after a day (that smell will hang out in the room/house for a bit).
Thema:

1. When will the smell go away? - Similar Threads - smell away

2. Series X made loud pop/crackling sound and filled my entire room with a burning plastic smell

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X made loud pop/crackling sound and filled my entire room with a burning plastic smell: the xbox still works and nothing changed on the screen when it happened but i’ve kept it off and unplugged just in case. I just got this on christmas so i don’t know why it’s having serious...
  3. i plugged up my controller n it won’t turn back on and it smell burnt what’s going on with...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i plugged up my controller n it won’t turn back on and it smell burnt what’s going on with...: This is a controller i had for around 6 months it’s a black xbox series x|s controller c3417b95-80cc-4374-b9ae-71a32eaf9e31
  4. Strong burning smell if I plug anything in the USB ports

in XBoX on Consoles
    Strong burning smell if I plug anything in the USB ports: If I plug anything in the USB ports I get a strong smell of burning console works fine apart from that (series x) 956df062-b605-4881-8fd2-06b16d180691
  5. My series x usb ports smell of burning if I plug in my ssd or anything else usb

in XBoX on Consoles
    My series x usb ports smell of burning if I plug in my ssd or anything else usb: The trouble only started this morning Thursday 2nd November I have owned my console from new for a couple of years now and never had a problem before today everything else works fine I just can’t...
  6. New xbox series x burning plastic smell

in XBoX on Consoles
    New xbox series x burning plastic smell: Only playing 1080p game for about an hour and it is almost too hot to touch the side of the xbox series x console. It is on a shelf with plenty of ventilation. The top of the console where the...
  7. Elite controller has strong chemical smell

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite controller has strong chemical smell: I just bought the Microsoft Xbox Elite Controller 2. It has a very strong chemical smell, and it’s almost triggering my asthma. I’m wondering if this is going to go away after a few days, or if I...
  8. My xbox just on my dresser then my cat spilled water on it it wasn't on so I do not smell...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox just on my dresser then my cat spilled water on it it wasn't on so I do not smell...: I haven't turn it on it been like 1 min ago I don't smell anything and I haven't turned it on pls help. ae63e469-78a9-4d61-b2c5-60160127e19f
  9. Anybody else getting a smell of electrical fire and their console Xbox series x since the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anybody else getting a smell of electrical fire and their console Xbox series x since the...: Since the latest console update my console smells like burning plastic mixed with an electrical fire with the added bonus of a hair dryer smell. It's messed me up I've been having medical issues...
  10. Burning plasitc smell

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Burning plasitc smell: My xbox X had a burning plastic smell, I have barely used, I didn't realized first because I usually play old games, but lately today playing call of duty the smell got so bad that make me dizzy...