When will the controllers have a redesign? The quality is shocking.

Discus and support When will the controllers have a redesign? The quality is shocking. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Starting at my xbox 360 controller. This was perfect, even now it’s still in great condition without any stick drift or any buttons broken, literally... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by JoelMcDonough, Jun 26, 2023.

1. When will the controllers have a redesign? The quality is shocking.

Starting at my xbox 360 controller. This was perfect, even now it’s still in great condition without any stick drift or any buttons broken, literally no problems whatsoever.

Next we have the Xbox One, I have gone through 5 controllers over the time I played xbox one. All had the same problems, some took longer to show. The problems were stuck drift, tiny bits of plastic snapping and rendering a whole bumper useless, D-Pad buttons getting stuck. The quality of these were such a downgrade from the 360.

Last but not least, xbox series x. The controller that came with the console got stick drift on RS after 5 weeks, i barely even used the Right Joystick. After that I decided to purchase an elite series 2, what a shock I had after about 2 months the LB and RB started to deteriorate with little to no response from them. Even that paddles would hardly work so I had to buy third party ones that actually work. Now the rubber around the grips is bending for some unknown reason. My only question is when can we expect some good quality and properly built controllers? Charging that much for plastic that hardly lasts seems like a joke.

Cheers

:)

JoelMcDonough, Jun 26, 2023
  2. Allen Bezuidenhout Win User

Same here and MS just ignoring this issue as long as they can keep on selling this ****. I have a x series but the controller stick component .... I am so angry wish I could stick it up their bum bum. If I had the money would take them to court. Zero testing and zero customer satisfaction interest?
  3. Onyx Is Here Win User

Hello JoelMcDonough, sorry to hear you're having trouble with your controller.

I can really commiserate with you here as I've had the same trouble with controllers myself, including both the Elite 1 and 2. I wish I could give a better answer on when or if new controllers are being designed. However, I have seem rumors of controllers being developed that have a similar look to the ps ones with the screen on the controller as well.

As I've said though, those are only rumors and you should be able to find videos about that on Youtube. In the meantime though I'd recommend keeping an eye on either https://twitter.com/majornelson or https://news.xbox.com for updates on future hardware additions.
  4. Unreal Warfare Win User

Two Weeks, Two Controllers, Kaput

The new control pads are rubbish quality compared to the Xbox 360 control pad. I've returned seven so far since last November in total due to dull left bumpers and permanently depressed left analogue sticks, and I'm lucky to play a couple of times a week.

Absolutely shocking quality.
  5. Alimo66 Win User

Disgusted by the quality of Xbox one controller!

Thanks for your post Mike. I am shocked at the downgrade in quality for next gen. I Also have an injury to first finger right hand, from the trigger. When pushed in, the exposed edge of the controller is so sharp. it has blistered and now cut in to the finger.
    I Will be ringing xbox as this cant be right. A Third party controller, will probably put this to shame.
  6. J3RS3Y DEVIL Win User

RB button, faulty?

Get it replaced. Controllers have a 90 day warranty.

For the controller that was redesigned to replace the 360 controller, it sure is having its share of problems.
Thema:

1. When will the controllers have a redesign? The quality is shocking. - Similar Threads - controllers redesign quality

2. My controller isn't letting me move or select anything?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller isn't letting me move or select anything?: I had disconnected and reconnected to my xbox and it's still not letting me select anything while I also tried a different xbox and it still didn't work 821e57ac-9075-4de5-a1fc-e854d7b50038
  3. Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.: Ordered a controller with a customized shell through Design Lab to play games on PC a few weeks ago, and it arrived with the right stick having bad drift at all times. Warranty is still up and I...
  4. controller not working in games rog ally

in XBoX on Windows
    controller not working in games rog ally: i have the Asus ROG ALLY Z1 extreme and i’ve tried two different controllers Ps4 and Xbox s and they dont work when i get into games. half the time they work as a mouse and then dont respond at...
  5. Gyro controls and my confusion

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gyro controls and my confusion: using a third party add on, if this device does not aim for me but lets me aim using gyro, is it treated as the same as a Xim or Cronus? It is not giving me a competitive advantage as my wrists...
  6. Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair: Hi, I'm trying to get an Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Repaired thats In warranty. But when the site askes me to "Select shipping address to see available service options" It then...
  7. How do i find the setting that controls the wifi connection ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i find the setting that controls the wifi connection ?: My son’s xbox disconnects itself from the internet at 8:00 pm and we have no clue why. We have tried everything to fix it. Ive turned off all screen time settings. Turned them on. Changed times....
  8. Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?: We got a new Xbox Series S back in February and the controller that came with it was working very well.. Until recently. For some reason, the controller now won't turn on instantly and no matter...
  9. Xbox Series X Wireless Controller Only Charging to 15% On PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Wireless Controller Only Charging to 15% On PC: Hello, my Xbox Series X Wireless Controller recently started only charging up to 15% when I plug it into my PC. I do not own an actual console to troubleshoot on there. Additionally, the...
  10. The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button

in XBoX on Windows
    The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button: The audio does not play at all and my controller won't stop pressing A fakely. Is there a way to fix this? f85344fb-cd63-4abb-ac48-68a01636c631