When will audio issues for Xbox Series X/S streaming apps be resolved permanently?

Discus and support When will audio issues for Xbox Series X/S streaming apps be resolved permanently? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I admit I'm a little more than frustrated about this but I find it completely absurd this is still a problem with a powerhouse such as Microsoft. It... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Brieyan, Jan 13, 2024.

1. Brieyan
    Brieyan Guest

When will audio issues for Xbox Series X/S streaming apps be resolved permanently?

I admit I'm a little more than frustrated about this but I find it completely absurd this is still a problem with a powerhouse such as Microsoft. It has somehow also gotten worse over time. I'm wondering if it is an issue with the console specifically, but not just mine, more like with a batch of consoles that were produced at a certain time. Let me give more specific details to be clear.

I bought an Xbox Series S (refurbished) some months ago.

The audio will sound distorted or skip frequently depending on the specific headphones.

The audio issues are only for streaming apps such as Netflix, MAX, YouTube, etc.

These issues only occur while using headphones. At least as far as I have checked in a couple months. I find it difficult to make out words at a reasonable audio level without headphones and I live in an apartment so I find it necessary to listen with headphones for an enjoyable experience.

I know this isn't specific to me because I have seen others complaining about it online as far back as at least 6 months ago.

The issue was thought to be specific to the MAX app and with Bluetooth headphones but occurs with all streaming apps with any headphones plugged in or wireless. I use the official wireless Xbox headphones.

The only fix I have seen from Microsoft that works is to reset the system (meaning to unplug the device entirely) and the audio will be fine temporarily. The issue seems to come up more frequently until it's to the point that if I ever want to watch anything through Xbox I have to reset it.

I know this is a known issue. My question at this point is: Is it a problem with my Xbox or a bug with the software?

I'm not at all interested in buying another Xbox (and defeating the whole purpose of buying a Series S in the first place) so is this something that may eventually, after all this time, be resolved with an update or am I completely out of luck when it comes to the Xbox? I am loving my experience with the Series S besides not being able to simply sit down and watch a movie.

The reason I suspect the device is also because while my extended storage is plugged in (the thing that basically looks and works like an old school memory card) and I first turn on the Xbox after it has been unplugged, I cannot connect to wifi at all unless I reset it again with the storage device disconnected until after the Xbox boots up. Which is only really a problem because of the audio issues that force me to reset the console.

:)

Brieyan, Jan 13, 2024
  2. KaiN05 Win User

Why is my Series X having audio issues?

Audio issues here but only when streaming movies and shows on Prime Video and Disney Plus so far. The Series X sucks. The One X is/was better.
  3. Smwutches Win User

Xbox game pass is not ultimate

Streaming on the Console Companion App is not available for the Series S/X.
  4. dl BUCK lb Win User

Disney plus issue.

I’m currently experiencing the same issue. I recently bought a new Xbox Series S and unable to play any Disney Plus content. The content plays briefly before the video stops followed shortly by the audio.

I have other streaming apps that have no issues and I have another Xbox Series S that plays Disney Plus with no issues.
  5. CarTzy Win User

Streaming to twitch with headset no mic audio

Hello Oxfaction,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble with streaming on Twitch with your Xbox X. There are a few possible reasons why your mic is not working properly. Here are some steps you can try to fix the issue:

- Make sure your headset is compatible with Xbox X and Twitch app.

- Check your audio settings on your Xbox X and make sure your mic is enabled and the volume is adjusted. You can do this by going to Settings > Devices & connections > Accessories > Xbox Wireless Controller > Volume.

- Check your audio settings on your Twitch app and make sure your mic is enabled and the volume is adjusted. You can do this by going to Settings > Audio > Microphone.

- Try unplugging and plugging back your headset or using a different headset to see if the problem persists.

- Restart your Xbox X and your Twitch app and try streaming again.

Please see:

Using Twitch to Stream - Microsoft Community

Streaming from your Xbox Series X or S on Twitch | Twitch Creator Camp

If none of these steps work, you need to speak with our live support team for further assistance.
  6. David Wirsching Win User

How to fix twitch stream audio issues on Xbox series X

Hello, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

This can be frustrating, but there are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the problem:

1. Adjust the mic sensitivity: On Xbox Series X, you can adjust the mic sensitivity to ensure it's capturing your voice properly. Here's how:

a. Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.
    b. Go to "Profile & system" > "Settings" > "General" > "Volume & audio output".
    c. Under "Party chat output," select "Headset & speakers" or "Headset only."
    d. Adjust the "Mic monitoring" slider to increase the sensitivity of the microphone.

2. Check the microphone settings in Twitch: Sometimes, the issue may be related to the settings within the Twitch app itself. Launch the Twitch app on your Xbox Series X and go to the broadcast settings. Look for any microphone-related settings, such as mic volume or gain, and ensure they are properly configured.

3. Test with a different streaming platform: To determine if the issue is specific to Twitch or more related to the console or microphone settings, try streaming on a different platform, such as YouTube or Mixer (if available). This can help identify if the problem persists across different platforms or if it's specific to Twitch.

4. Update the Twitch app: Ensure that you have the latest version of the Twitch app installed on your Xbox Series X. Sometimes, app updates can include bug fixes or improvements that address issues like audio problems.

5. Contact Twitch support: If the issue persists after trying the above steps, it may be beneficial to reach out to Twitch support directly. They can provide specific guidance related to their platform and may be able to offer further troubleshooting steps or solutions.

Remember to also check for any firmware updates for your Xbox Series X and ensure that your headset and controller are running the latest firmware versions. Keeping your system and peripherals up to date can often resolve compatibility issues.

I hope these suggestions help you resolve the low mic volume issue when streaming on Twitch. Good luck with your streaming endeavors!

Best regards.
Thema:

1. When will audio issues for Xbox Series X/S streaming apps be resolved permanently? - Similar Threads - audio issues Series

2. Xbox series x audio issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x audio issues: I've had a Xbox series x since November 2023 and since day 1 there's been bits of popping in my headset whether it be in a game or watching YouTube or Netflix. I've gone through multiple headsets,...
  3. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues: I’m having a bit of an issue I can’t figure out. I have an Xbox seires X, Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller, Xbox Wired Headset and I consistently get audio distortion/glitching/popping through my...
  4. Xbox Series X Console Audio Interruption Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Console Audio Interruption Issue: Subject: Xbox Series X Console Audio Interruption Issue Description: I am experiencing a recurring issue with my Xbox Series X console related to headset audio interruptions. Regardless of the...
  5. How to fix twitch stream audio issues on Xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to fix twitch stream audio issues on Xbox series X: One day I was streaming a view said that my game volume was to loud I put it somewhere around 50% the next day I started my stream I play on console (xbl) I use my phone to view my chat or to edit...
  6. Audio issues on Series X 4K YouTube videos

in XboX Insiders
    Audio issues on Series X 4K YouTube videos: Does anyone know of a fix for this issue? The audio pops and crackles intermittently throughout any 4k video when viewing YouTube. This issue is on a wired headset plugged into the controller. It...
  7. Audio issue with series X

in XBoX Accessibility
    Audio issue with series X: I use a sound bar with optical audio into my xbox one, I upgraded to a series X and can no longer use my optical cable. How do I connect my Sony soundbar to my series X (without using a HDMI Arc)...
  8. Audio Loss Issue in XBOX Series S (RE7: Biohazard Game)

in XboX Insiders
    Audio Loss Issue in XBOX Series S (RE7: Biohazard Game): I was playing RE7: Biohazard Gold Edition on my Xbox series S and there is a cutscene in the old house where Lucas grabs Mia from the neck and says some dialog. I was using headphones on the...
  9. How to fix twitch stream audio issues on Xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to fix twitch stream audio issues on Xbox series X: When I live stream on Twitch my mic volume is extremely low even though I have set it to the max output. I tried updating my controller and turning the console on and off. My mic volume is still...
  10. Anyone else still having issues with the YouTube audio lag on series s/x?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anyone else still having issues with the YouTube audio lag on series s/x?: I’ve always had the YouTube audio lag but recently noticed the lag gets even worse at a quicker rate, I’ve looked online but I can’t see anyone with these issues still recently, didn’t know...