When will 5.1 via Optical Audio be available for Xbox One?

Discus and support When will 5.1 via Optical Audio be available for Xbox One? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This feature SHOULD be on the March update. If not it will be a foolish move from MS Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jimmy Beam est, Jan 21, 2014.

  1. When will 5.1 via Optical Audio be available for Xbox One?


    This feature SHOULD be on the March update. If not it will be a foolish move from MS
     
    Darth Ioannis, Feb 25, 2014
    #31
  2. SGT SADLER
    SGT SADLER Guest
    How old are your systems that only support Dd5.1 i would have thought it would be standard on home theaters to have Dts as well as Dd5.1 i got a home theater when Playstation 2 came out that supported both and bought another on boxing day and it supports
    both .
     
    SGT SADLER, Feb 25, 2014
    #32
  3. THE MASTA
    THE MASTA Guest
    Talk about being out of it SGT, every high end surround headset on the planet uses DD 5.1 or 7.1 along with the majority of sound bars and other surround devices not to mention DD is the industry standard for surround audio it is on every DVD and Blu-ray!
    Its a matter of everything uses DD (with the current exception of the xbox one) not everything uses DTS so the result is 2ch stereo and any Dolby capable devices are renderd useless until this is fixed
     
    THE MASTA, Feb 26, 2014
    #33
  4. MajicB
    MajicB Guest

    When will 5.1 via Optical Audio be available for Xbox One?

    Rumor is its in the March update....fingers crossed! I have no idea why they wouldn't announce this though.....
     
    MajicB, Feb 26, 2014
    #34
  5. SGT SADLER
    SGT SADLER Guest
    Yeah i know the go Masta but doesnt your headset go dolby prologic 2 if its getting stereo 2 channel i personally don't wear brain sqeazers i just have home theater system and every movie i've watched had Dts pretty standard now on blu rays but you guy's
    with headsets ok its not upto scratch hopefully you get it in 12 days.
     
    SGT SADLER, Feb 26, 2014
    #35
  6. YamaMX
    YamaMX Guest
    Dolby via Optical is working in the March beta update! Took some video proof myself. Let's celebrate!



    Add me for an invite to the beta if you need one.
     
    YamaMX, Feb 26, 2014
    #36
  7. major z
    major z Guest
    I had same issue. Changed bottom box (bitstream format) to dolby, then changed box 2 (optical audio) to bitstream again, this time its all good!!
     
    major z, Mar 25, 2014
    #37
  8. drivesafely
    drivesafely Guest

    When will 5.1 via Optical Audio be available for Xbox One?

    funny how all the experts said Dolby was dead then Thief comes out using Dolby and Xbox decided to add it. Xfinity uses Dolby also and my guess they will not change until 4k is made mandatory by providers.

    Dolby should have been added at launch. Just because something shows better specs on paper does not always make it better. The chat mess is a fine example. Chatting is still better on 360 with that old universal plug. Any time you add adapters to sound
    be ready for issues for sure.
     
    drivesafely, Apr 3, 2014
    #38
  9. fathom667
    fathom667 Guest
    Is there any work in Progress to provide us the 5.1 Sound via optical Output on the xbox one?
     
    fathom667, Sep 1, 2014
    #39
  10. BobMcFly247
    BobMcFly247 Guest
    It already is! Go to settings / audio and video set optical out to "Bitstream" and format to "Dolby Digital" and your done.
     
    BobMcFly247, Sep 1, 2014
    #40
  11. Mister_Tez
    Mister_Tez Guest
    Yeah... it's been there for nine months now!
     
    Mister_Tez, Oct 31, 2018
    #41
  12. major z Win User

    When will 5.1 via Optical Audio be available for Xbox One?

    I had same issue. Changed bottom box (bitstream format) to dolby, then changed box 2 (optical audio) to bitstream again, this time its all good!!
  13. MajicB Win User

    When will 5.1 via Optical Audio be available for Xbox One?

    Rumor is its in the March update....fingers crossed! I have no idea why they wouldn't announce this though.....
  14. THE MASTA Win User

    When will 5.1 via Optical Audio be available for Xbox One?

    Talk about being out of it SGT, every high end surround headset on the planet uses DD 5.1 or 7.1 along with the majority of sound bars and other surround devices not to mention DD is the industry standard for surround audio it is on every DVD and Blu-ray!
    Its a matter of everything uses DD (with the current exception of the xbox one) not everything uses DTS so the result is 2ch stereo and any Dolby capable devices are renderd useless until this is fixed
  15. MajicB Win User

    When will 5.1 via Optical Audio be available for Xbox One?

    I agree with you guys, YamaMX I posted my chat with support today on your other thread.

    Very noncommittal for 5.1 for March, but I THINK they guaranteed that it is coming?
  16. Mister_Tez Win User

    When will 5.1 via Optical Audio be available for Xbox One?

    Yeah... it's been there for nine months now!
Thema:

When will 5.1 via Optical Audio be available for Xbox One?

Loading...
  1. When will 5.1 via Optical Audio be available for Xbox One? - Similar Threads - via Optical Audio

  2. Outer World's 2 bug on XBOX Gamepass ... cloud gaming via Samsung tv

    in XboX Insiders
    Outer World's 2 bug on XBOX Gamepass ... cloud gaming via Samsung tv: Im encountering a bug on "Outer World 2". The bug is reported fixed via a patch. However, the bug is still on the clod/gamepass version. Specifically, the game depends on adding character...
  3. Discord Crashing on XBOX Via Multiple Methods

    in XboX Insiders
    Discord Crashing on XBOX Via Multiple Methods: Discord on XBOX is crashing through two different methods. When a wireless headset disconnects and you reconnect it while in a Discord Call, Discord usually doesn't detect input from the mic....
  4. Can FC 26 be played via cloud gaming with Essential or Premium?

    in XboX Insiders
    Can FC 26 be played via cloud gaming with Essential or Premium?: Hi, I'm part of the Xbox Insider program. Do you know if I can play FC 26 via cloud gaming if I have a Game Pass Premium or Essential membership, or do I need Ultimate? I’ve already purchased the...
  5. Diversify risks via decentralised work, study, game and entertainment rig.

    in XboX Insiders
    Diversify risks via decentralised work, study, game and entertainment rig.: Since the main costs of expensive gaming PC (single point of failure) is its hardware for gaming, why not diversify your risks of hardware damage, depreciation, failure, and max profits from...
  6. Problème de vocal entre ami sur stream twitch via xbox series s

    in XboX Insiders
    Problème de vocal entre ami sur stream twitch via xbox series s: Bonjour, je veux me lancer sur les streams/vidéos de contenu mais j ai un gros problème. Quand je joue avec des amis à des jeux qui ne comprennent pas de chat vocal, et que je stream en meme...
  7. Why can't I log into my Xbox account? I'm trying to log in via the console - I cannot sign...

    in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I log into my Xbox account? I'm trying to log in via the console - I cannot sign...: First of all, I receive no error code or message It's odd that they state after your directed to this forum - We’re retiring the Xbox forums. It is no longer possible to create questions in the...
  8. My Xbox One controller won’t connect to my console or my PC via Bluetooth or USB

    in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One controller won’t connect to my console or my PC via Bluetooth or USB: Hiya, My Xbox One controller won’t connect to my console or my PC via Bluetooth or USB. The Bluetooth stopped working several months ago and ever since I’ve been using a USB cable to connect but...
  9. DTS digital surround via optic

    in XBoX on Consoles
    DTS digital surround via optic: Hi im having issues with my new xbox one x and my headset using dts digital suround through optical bitstream out, I had an original xbox one and had no problems and the suround sound on my...
  10. Xbox outputting Stereo audio via HDMI/Optic while using Dolby Headset (Plantronics 800LX)

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox outputting Stereo audio via HDMI/Optic while using Dolby Headset (Plantronics 800LX): Hello Xbox support, I've posted this on Reddit already, but after a chat with Xbox support I'm posting this here. The reference from the chat was 1449985394: I just bought the Plantronics RIG...