When wanting to play Xbox 360 games on Xbox Series X - it won't connect to Xbox Live

Discus and support When wanting to play Xbox 360 games on Xbox Series X - it won't connect to Xbox Live in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I downloaded a couple of games from Game Pass to play (in this instance Fallout 3 & New Vegas) When I go through the process of booting them up, it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Scott Westwood, Sep 10, 2023.

1. When wanting to play Xbox 360 games on Xbox Series X - it won't connect to Xbox Live

I downloaded a couple of games from Game Pass to play (in this instance Fallout 3 & New Vegas)

When I go through the process of booting them up, it gets to the section asking to download my profile - then say's "Can't connect to Xbox Live".

I spoke to a 'gamer in the community' for several hours, who provided the following solutions, none of which worked:

• Clear Xbox 360 saved data
    • Remove profile
    • Uninstall and reinstall games
    • Hold Xbox power button for 15 seconds, then remove from power for 5 minutes
    • Change/shorten password
    • Remove 2-step verification
    • Adjust DNS and port numbers
    After none of these worked, they suggested I get in touch with Xbox support directly - but after several attempts of submitting my phone number: "We’re unable to process your request for a call back. Please try again later"

So, any suggestions?

:)

Scott Westwood, Sep 10, 2023
  2. Dexter Lord Win User

How do I get Xbox 360 game to save on Xbox one x

No I just want to play New Vegas and Oblivion on Xbox One X but it won't let me save my progress or connect to Xbox Live at all on any 360 games that I downloaded with my game pass ultimate. That's the error message I keep getting when I try.
  3. Me Ali1 Win User

Xbox

I own the game on the Xbox series x but it won't allow me to connect the game to my profile which is on the Xbox series x and so it does not let me play online, If that makes sense.
  4. Scott Westwood Win User

When wanting to play Xbox 360 games on Xbox Series X - it won't connect to Xbox Live

Tried different hotspot, tried other profile - no avail
  5. Skully Headshot Win User

You adjusted DNS and port numbers. So you think it could be a networking issue? Can you try another connection? The hotspot on a phone is often able to connect just fine. (laggy for games but plenty good enough to test). If it works on your phone, thats going to tell you something about your home network.

Can you try another profile? If you could rule networking out of the equation, youll save me alot of typing and you alot of reading. Not sure what you would have changed as far as DNS, im guessing you opened port 3074 already.
  6. đź’ŻAdrien Martinez. Win User

80151912 can’t connect to Xbox live

I have the same problem, I can't connect to Xbox Live on the Xbox 360 games (on my xbox serie x) since few days 🤔 I precise I don't have any problem on the Xbox serie X games, I have that only on the Xbox 360 games.

My internet is perfect too (I live in Belgium)
Thema:

1. When wanting to play Xbox 360 games on Xbox Series X - it won't connect to Xbox Live - Similar Threads - wanting play 360

2. I want to know why it is not possible to be able to use an Xbox 360 controller to play Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I want to know why it is not possible to be able to use an Xbox 360 controller to play Xbox...: I mean seriously tho. It is mainly because my Xbox One controller is in bad condition and has bad drift on both analog sticks. i love playing the fallout series along with alot of other games i...
  3. every time i want to play an xbox 360 game on my xbox series x it forces me to start from...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    every time i want to play an xbox 360 game on my xbox series x it forces me to start from...: every time i want to play an xbox 360 game on my xbox series x it forces me to start from the beginning, this are games that i have on physical copies, the games are installed on the internal...
  4. I want to connect my xbox 360 to a pc monitor and tv, so as i can play games and have the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I want to connect my xbox 360 to a pc monitor and tv, so as i can play games and have the...: I want to connect my xbox 360 to a pc monitor and tv, so as i can play games and have the best of both screens then also watch movies too. bbe5a0dc-83f0-4b97-908d-95832a8da472
  5. I just wanted to play GTA 5 story mode on my Xbox 360 after I deleted all of the old saved...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I just wanted to play GTA 5 story mode on my Xbox 360 after I deleted all of the old saved...: . After I deleted all of that I'm just stuck on the loading screen. I tried restarting the console and the game but nothing worked. I don't have any internet access on the Xbox and I only want to...
  6. If I wanted to play call of duty on xbox 360 (Any Call Of Duty On the Xbox 360) can I...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    If I wanted to play call of duty on xbox 360 (Any Call Of Duty On the Xbox 360) can I...: Since the recent "fixed servers" on all cods are available can xbox series x and xbox 360 play with eachother? 60a74c63-7b05-4801-a13e-9b10e5455587
  7. Hey I want to play lord of the rings conquest but it's only for xbox 360 look that game was...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hey I want to play lord of the rings conquest but it's only for xbox 360 look that game was...: Pls put lord of the rings conquest make it compatible im sure the developers wouldn't mind if you ask 44867cae-908f-4cd4-a89d-3c5af26945b5
  8. Xbox 360, playing it without signing up to Live. Plenty of achievements. I wanted to sign...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360, playing it without signing up to Live. Plenty of achievements. I wanted to sign...: Can I just create a new email for the account that doesn’t have Xbox live? 85e3f91f-7081-464f-ba0a-21ae8baa6f02
  9. So I want to play black ops two and it wants me to download my Xbox 360 profile but I don’t...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    So I want to play black ops two and it wants me to download my Xbox 360 profile but I don’t...: Yea I need help I don’t have a Xbox 360 acc and it says I need one and I don’t know what to do 478dd3ce-8cff-41de-a7bf-ede1e4aa39fb
  10. I want to play the original rdr game but I need a 360 account to save progress but I don’t...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I want to play the original rdr game but I need a 360 account to save progress but I don’t...: I want to play the original rdr game but I need a 360 account to save progress but I don’t have one. Can I still make a new 360 account? d2f6b51c-3cf9-43f5-94d9-66f7a85cb42b