When using IE (Internet Explorer) the console will not "Turn of after" a set time. ...

Discus and support When using IE (Internet Explorer) the console will not "Turn of after" a set time. ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Can I get a group of awesome people to help me prove a "bug" that needs to be resolved, please? All I need you to do is go into settings, and set your... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BAT N ATL, Mar 17, 2015.

1. BAT N ATL
    BAT N ATL Guest

When using IE (Internet Explorer) the console will not "Turn of after" a set time. ...

Can I get a group of awesome people to help me prove a "bug" that needs to be resolved, please? All I need you to do is go into settings, and set your console to automatically turn of after either 1 or 6 hours. Then, open internet explorer, load a web
    page of your choice, then leave the console idle and let me know if your console powers down or stays on past the "Turn off after" period. Thanks! If I can get numerous people to validate this issue, we can get this resolved in an update. If your console does
    power down, please post what site you left internet explorer on so I can determine if it is somehow dependant on the web page being used.

:)

BAT N ATL, Mar 17, 2015
  2. DarkSith87
    DarkSith87 Guest
    Microsoft Crap Service

[quote user="voteDC"]

From what I am told this happens if you aren't using the latest version of Internet Explorer as your browser.

[/quote]

IE? Hahahahahahahahahhah (Points and laughs)

DarkSith87, Mar 17, 2015
  3. Could not view xbox.com using IE8 or IE9 after the forum update.

[quote user="xBatchelorx"]

That's your problem, your using Internet Explorer.

[/quote]I'm using IE at work and at home and I've never been logged off or had any trouble getting on.

ChickinOnaChain, Mar 17, 2015
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

Which web page are you loading? If it is something with active content on it then perhaps the console thinks that it is still being used.

However, what you can do is report the issue by holding the Guide button on the controller until it vibrates. From there you'll have an option to Report an Issue. Fill out the info and make sure to send a screen shot (automatically taken if you click the
    box) and the report will be sent to the development team.

onyxishere, Mar 18, 2015
  5. onyxishere Win User

When using IE (Internet Explorer) the console will not "Turn of after" a set time. Stays on 24/7

Which web page are you loading? If it is something with active content on it then perhaps the console thinks that it is still being used.

However, what you can do is report the issue by holding the Guide button on the controller until it vibrates. From there you'll have an option to Report an Issue. Fill out the info and make sure to send a screen shot (automatically taken if you click the
    box) and the report will be sent to the development team.
  6. Vision Verrify Win User

Missing Headers

Which webbrouwser are you using? Windows Interner Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox etc.

Method 1:

Try to download another webbrouwser.

If you're currently using Windows Internet Explorer you can try Google Chrome.

If you're using Google Chrome you can try
    Windows Internet Explorer
    or Mozille Firefox.

Method 2:

If you're using Windows Internet Explorer, try to reset the settings.

1. Open IE - Press ALT + X - Internet Options - Advanced - Restore Advanced Settings - Apply - Ok - Restart IE.

Method 3:

Try to download the lastest Version from
    Java
    here.
  7. SigmaTheDJ Win User

Gold Membership

Try redeeming the code on the console, or try using Internet Explorer to redeem the code on Xbox.com. I've also had issues redeeming codes on the website when I don't use IE.
  8. Pigeon Sandwich Win User

PC no longer trusted, microsoft is stealing money

Never mind, I fixed the problem myself.

To anyone experiencing the same problem, try turning off auto renewal in internet explorer. My PC became trusted all of a sudden when I used IE
  9. Galactic Geek Win User

Are videos automatically 1080p

If it's through the app, the resolution is always set to the highest possible setting for the video itself (so if the highest resolution is only 720p, it will be set to that). If you're on youtube.com via the Internet Explorer app, then you'll have to set
    it just like when you're using IE on the PC. ;)
Thema:

1. When using IE (Internet Explorer) the console will not "Turn of after" a set time. ... - Similar Threads - using Internet Explorer

2. Why can’t I use my Xbox without internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I use my Xbox without internet?: I find it a bit ridiculous that I can’t use my Xbox while I got a power outage, why should I ever spend money on something that decides for me, when I can use it. Now Microsoft can act like they...
  3. Pressed network reset on my msi laptop can’t use keyboard anymore or connect to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Pressed network reset on my msi laptop can’t use keyboard anymore or connect to internet: My msi laptop those not work anymore because network reset messed it up I can’t even use my keyboard or connect to anything I have to type with the touch screen keyboard...
  4. Microsoft flight simulator does not connect to internet (using cloud gaming)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft flight simulator does not connect to internet (using cloud gaming): I open flight simulator on my xbox one with cloud gaming and when i try to "Fly" it says im not connected to the internet and that it will try to connect. when i click "download offline map" its...
  5. is xbox party a different thing to use internet than playing games on the xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    is xbox party a different thing to use internet than playing games on the xbox: my friends mom said she cant use more than one thing and claims that xbox and party are two different things 53f9cb04-7739-4efe-92c4-dda13f0de3f1
  6. (Remote Play) Xbox App on PC prioritizes using Internet data instead of keeping it on LAN

in XBoX on Consoles
    (Remote Play) Xbox App on PC prioritizes using Internet data instead of keeping it on LAN: I have an Xbox Series X connected on the same network as my computer and Android phone (Tried connecting them through the 5Ghz Wi-Fi and using 1Gbps ethernet cables). I've verified throught my...
  7. Xbox series X keeps disconnecting from internet while using Ethernet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X keeps disconnecting from internet while using Ethernet: My series X is disconnecting from the internet, it isn’t a router or internet as I’m getting signal to my laptop and other devices. Only solution is unplugging the internet from the back of the...
  8. How do I use the xbox app to connect my console to a laptop and set up a different internet...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I use the xbox app to connect my console to a laptop and set up a different internet...: I have an xbox series s.. when I went to a friends house with my xbox and connected it to one of his laptops monitor (since my laptop didnt have an hdmi port) and signed in with the xbox app and...
  9. When you set you Xbox one as offline, does it use internet at all?

in XBoX on Windows
    When you set you Xbox one as offline, does it use internet at all?: When you choose the setting offline, is the Xbox one using internet if it is available? 341afa2a-b0dc-4e0d-bfff-639e2ddd43cc
  10. Question about using Starlink Internet on Xbox 360 (using Ethernet)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question about using Starlink Internet on Xbox 360 (using Ethernet): I’ve been using starlink for almost a year now and it’s been really good for the Xbox Series S, Xbox One, PlayStation Consoles and Nintendo consoles and my PC but strangely just on Xbox 360 my...