When two PCs have the newest Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows, one controller will never...

Discus and support When two PCs have the newest Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows, one controller will never... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have two Windows 11 PCs, two Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windowses, and two Xbox Series X controllers. At one point both controllers decided to sync... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Peppermonkey(2), Sep 3, 2023.

1. When two PCs have the newest Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows, one controller will never...

I have two Windows 11 PCs, two Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windowses, and two Xbox Series X controllers.

At one point both controllers decided to sync to the same PC. Now, while that PC is on, the controller I want to use on the other PC will never sync.

I have done the customary restart and try different USB ports troubleshooting.\
    I tried resetting the controller by holding the sync button down until it vibrates twice and turns off.

When I try to resync to the correct PC, I press sync on both the adapter and the controller, and it acts as if it has synced (solid light on adapter, solid light on controller), but the controller will not appear in the Game Controllers section of Windows. I will then check the other PC to find that it connected to that PC instead.

The PCs are in adjacent rooms, no line of sight with each other, but they're probably about 15-20 feet apart.

The only way I've been able to connect to the one PC is if I turn off the other.

This means we cannot use both PCs with the controllers wirelessly connected to their respective PCs at the same time.

:)

Peppermonkey(2), Sep 3, 2023
  2. Mae Sev. Win User

When two PCs have the newest Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows, one controller will never sync to a PC when the other is on.

Hello Peppermonkey(2),

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a new discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Moderator
  3. Mae Sev. Win User

When two PCs have the newest Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows, one controller will never sync to a PC when the other is on.

Hello Peppermonkey(2,

We appreciate you for sharing this with us and welcome to Xbox Forums.

We understand that you are experiencing issues with syncing your Xbox Series X controllers to your Windows 11 PCs using the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Based on the information you have provided, it seems that the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows is having trouble differentiating between the two controllers and the two PCs. This could be due to interference from other wireless devices or the distance between the two PCs.

To resolve this issue, I recommend the following steps:

1. Make sure that both PCs are updated with the latest Windows updates and drivers. You can do this by going to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update.

2. Move the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows to a different USB port on each PC. This will help to rule out any issues with the USB port.

3. Try using the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows on a different PC to see if the issue persists. This will help to determine if the issue is with the adapter or the PC.

4. If the issue persists, try using the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows on a different wireless channel. You can do this by pressing and holding the button on the adapter until the light starts flashing, then pressing the sync button on the controller.

5. If none of the above steps work, try using a wired connection instead. You can connect the controller to the PC using a USB cable.

6. If you are still experiencing issues, please contact Xbox Support for further assistance. They will be able to provide you with more advanced troubleshooting steps and may be able to replace the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows if necessary.

Before that, you can check this link for further options: Connect an Xbox Wireless Controller to a Windows

I hope this helps to resolve your issue. If you have any further questions or concerns, please let me know.

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. mareledanut Win User

Xbox One controller on Windows 10

Hi, you can do it in two ways:

First one and the easiest is to connect a USB cable from the PC to the controller, the second one (if you want a wireless connection) is to use an Xbox One Controller Adapter which can be found here: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/adapters/wireless-adapter-windows

Hope this helps.
  5. Klofi Win User

Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 cannot wake Windows 10 PC via controller

The Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 has the newest driver (there's no firmware update in Xbox Accessories app) and the Xbox Series controller has the newest firmware (updated via Xbox Accessories app). Didn't help.
  6. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Mandos de Xbox One para windows 10 (Xbox One Controls for Windows 10)

Thema:

When two PCs have the newest Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows, one controller will never...

1. When two PCs have the newest Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows, one controller will never... - Similar Threads - PCs newest Wireless

2. Question regarding transferring memory between 2 pcs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question regarding transferring memory between 2 pcs: Hello, I have a question regarding transferring memory, specifically windows. I have 2 pcs. The first one has 3 forms of memory. 1 hard-rive and two SSDS. On the hard-rive I have windows and other...
  3. Can't get kids access to Minecraft Java on their PCs with my purchased Minecraft Java...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't get kids access to Minecraft Java on their PCs with my purchased Minecraft Java...: I can't get MINECRAFT to play on my kid's computers. It keeps asking for another $29.99 per account even though we are all linked under the Microsoft Family App. This is extremely frustrating....
  4. Cannot connect to Sea of Thieves or any other Xbox Game on any of my PCs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect to Sea of Thieves or any other Xbox Game on any of my PCs: I am unable to log in to Sea of Thieves without a VPN on either of my 2 PCs regardless of what account I use. It will only let me play when I connect a VPN, but then I have really high ping and...
  5. can two seperate PCs use the same account with game pass? how does it work?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    can two seperate PCs use the same account with game pass? how does it work?: i recently bought game pass on the PC and i have a friend who is interested in a game title that i dont play, can i share my account with them and could we simultaneously play two different games...
  6. Starfield saves will not sync between my pcs

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield saves will not sync between my pcs: I have tried anything I can find as it appears that this is a common issue with PC game pass Starfield. I have FWDed all the necessary ports, I have reduced the number of saves, I have tried...
  7. Can the same game be played by two different PCs on PC gamepass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can the same game be played by two different PCs on PC gamepass?: i wanna get gamepass so me and wife can both play together, at the same time, is that possible with one PC gamepass account or do i need to buy two passes?? 6b262e30-f58c-481a-ac3b-0cd4ff0db576
  8. Starfield is not recognizing my special pre-order items on one of my PCs, but it is on the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield is not recognizing my special pre-order items on one of my PCs, but it is on the...: I have Starfield installed on different PCs. When I tried to load my last save and play on a different PC today, I got the message "This save relies on content that is no longer present. Some...
  9. XBox keeps messaging me and pinning itself to my PCs information and I'm going to uninstall...

in XBoX on Windows
    XBox keeps messaging me and pinning itself to my PCs information and I'm going to uninstall...: Hi. I got the game pass on a free trial a long time ago, and that free trial is long since past. And now Game Pass is constantly messaging me if I boot my PC that I am missing out on stuff I...
  10. I have 2 PCs and want to share the addons of Destiny2.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have 2 PCs and want to share the addons of Destiny2.: I have 2 PCs and want to share the addons of Destiny between the both of them. That way I do not have to buy a second copy of them just to be able to play those portions of the game with my kid. I...