When trying to play Minecraft from disc, now get message saying "can't start game, ...

Discus and support When trying to play Minecraft from disc, now get message saying "can't start game, ... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Anyone know what we're doing wrong...we have only just started to use Xbox live and assume it's something to do with trying to chat to his pals while... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DadWobbiegong, Sep 18, 2014.

1. When trying to play Minecraft from disc, now get message saying "can't start game, ...

Anyone know what we're doing wrong...we have only just started to use Xbox live and assume it's something to do with trying to chat to his pals while plaing mine craft. Do we really need to pay for mine craft as download when we already bought the "real"
    game?

:)

DadWobbiegong, Sep 18, 2014
  2. External hard drive game installation

When installing a game it happens only with one game (Watch_dogs 2) and when trying to play it happens with one game also but I tried only two games and that second one sort of froze on start up and after a while got message saying "something went wrong
    try again. Start up took too long. (0x8027025a)"

TheresNoSugar, Sep 18, 2014
  3. BM3V
    BM3V Guest
    The game couldn't start. Try downloading the game again.

I am trying to play Minecraft xbox 360 edition. It has worked fine up until now, but now I am getting a message saying, "The game couldn't start. Try downloading the game again." I didn't download the game in the first place as I have the disc. How do
    I fix this?

4. WPAK
    WPAK Guest

When trying to play Minecraft from disc, now get message saying "can't start game, ...

Hi there,

no you shouldn't need to pay for the game again.

Can you try the following steps:

1. Clear the console cache:
    support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache

2. Turn the console off and on again.

3. Try the game again, this will likely trigger an title update to be downloaded which is fine.

Let us know the results

Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: