When trying remote play on my PC I get told I need to update but I have no updates.

Discus and support When trying remote play on my PC I get told I need to update but I have no updates. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; "Can't stream because either the Xbox app or your console needs to be updated. Make sure they're both up to date and try again." Is the exact error... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by chef_lingunni, Apr 3, 2023.

1. When trying remote play on my PC I get told I need to update but I have no updates.

"Can't stream because either the Xbox app or your console needs to be updated. Make sure they're both up to date and try again." Is the exact error message.

So far I've checked for updates for my console (which has "keep my console up to date activated), Xbox Console Companion app, Xbox Gamepass app, and my PC; and restarted both my console and PC but I still get the error message. My only thought as to why I keep getting this error is that there's some other place I need to check for updates or that the streaming doesn't work because I'm using Windows 11. (I've heard that the Console Companion app was made for Windows 10)

Any thoughts?

:)

chef_lingunni, Apr 3, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

When trying remote play on my PC I get told I need to update but I have no updates.

The console companion app is for windows 8 and like windows 8 support for it has been discontinued. You need to use the Xbox app that's built into windows 10/11
  3. jcleigh Win User

PC to XSX Remote Play - console turns on, only see a black screen, disconnects 1 min later

UPDATE:

I got a long ethernet cable run to my XSX and now PC remote play works. I would say that PC remote play is much pickier about its network connection to the Xbox than Android is, probably because it plays at a higher resolution.

Thanks all for trying to help diagnose. MS needs to improve their requirements documentation and error messaging!
  4. ShoddyPlum Win User

Windows app unable to detect my xbox series S

Xbox app (PC) Remote play option disappeared been using it for over a month Trouble shooting I have done

on console I have double checked remote features are enabled/cleared alternative mac address/reset keep games and apps/checked for updates.

on PC side I have repaired/reset Xbox app/ and Xbox insider hub checked for window updates/App updates and the last thing I tried was pin hole reset with my modem. I have Xbox series x

Remote play icon is all working fine on Xbox One and mobile just not PC Please Help Notice this issue at 10.30am 10/10/2022
  5. RobHanson Win User

Several factory restores after accessory purchases

So, here is an update. After paying the $15 to send me a replacement without sending mine in first and then replacing it, I installed the new console and still have the same issue. I called support yet again and was asked why I was told to replace the console
    because there is an update coming out in about a month to address IR blaster issues with the new remote. Did more troubleshooting and then was told I could send in my Kinect to see if it is bad but then my console is essentially a paperweight until I get the
    Kinect back. When I inquired about the charge to ship me a console I was told it was noted on my account but apparently I have no recourse for the mistakes made by tech support. I asked what I do in a month and the update does not fix the problem and I am
    outside the return window for the Remote? I was told at least I have a remote to control the xbox, just not the volume and mute functions unless I sit 6 inches in front of my console.

I am simply posting this update to warn people to carefully consider paying Microsoft any money to ship a new console unless it is critical to do so because if the problem is not resolved, it is wasted money. I do realize this is a new console and there
    will be bugs but in my opinion, the customers that spent 500 on a console and several hundred on games and accessories should not have to pay Microsoft to then fix the bugs in those consoles and accessories. I will update this discussion again in a month or
    so when the Kinect update comes out.
  6. Allan Warren1 Win User

I want to play star citizen on my Xbox series X. Is there an app?

Am I to understand if there is an Xbox version and I purchase same that I can play on PC remotely? I think the caveat is that I also have to purchase game pass for PC. You might ask how I know this? I have downloaded Doom II on my Xbox and was told by the program that I needed PC Game Pass..
Thema:

1. When trying remote play on my PC I get told I need to update but I have no updates. - Similar Threads - trying remote play

2. Why do I have to sign in to my console every time I try to use remote play on the Xbox app...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I have to sign in to my console every time I try to use remote play on the Xbox app...: I've got a backbone that connects to my phone that enables xbox remote play on my android device. I have enabled remote play and connected my console to my phone through the app. The issue is that...
  3. Remote play app has black screen with audio when trying to use it with new Xbox Series S 1Tb.

in XboX Insiders
    Remote play app has black screen with audio when trying to use it with new Xbox Series S 1Tb.: I'm completely at a loss here and unfortunately, I've already tried basically everything that Xbox would tell me to do. I purchased an Xbox Series S directly from Microsoft a few days ago. This...
  4. Trying to play through the Xbox app Remote Play option. Xbox controller is connected to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to play through the Xbox app Remote Play option. Xbox controller is connected to...: Trying to play through the Xbox app Remote Play option. Xbox controller is connected to phone. Works in app until I start Remote Play. Once launched the system accepts some inputs but not all...
  5. Remote play keeps saying try again in a while

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Remote play keeps saying try again in a while: I set remote play before leaving for a week and now I keep getting an error message saying try again in a while, on tablet and phone. Any ideas ? 484418f7-e6ae-49c5-9343-79e05e235ddd
  6. I’ve been trying to use remote play on my game pass up, but it says that the games are on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I’ve been trying to use remote play on my game pass up, but it says that the games are on...: first the app didn’t let me remote install, after a while it was okay but now it just says that the games are on queue and I can’t play them at all. 9d4f9d24-a3c7-4781-ae7b-d60be050fc1d
  7. Remote play keeps disconnecting shortly after connection while trying to stream

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote play keeps disconnecting shortly after connection while trying to stream: I recently wanted to start streaming and I found out that a good way to start setting that up for Xbox games is through remote play, but every time that I log onto the Xbox app for my PC for...
  8. When i remote play to my series x trying to play cyberpunk 2077, it bugs all the controls

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When i remote play to my series x trying to play cyberpunk 2077, it bugs all the controls: all my software is up to date and my internet is alway stable, but yet when i remote play to my series x to play cyberpunk, the controls bugs out like crazy. my sensitivity goes to almost zero and...
  9. “Can’t connect right now, try again in a while” error message when using remote play

in XboX Insiders
    “Can’t connect right now, try again in a while” error message when using remote play: I am receiving this error message when trying to use remote play on my Xbox Series X. I’ve seen other posts about this same issue, but so far haven’t been able to find a solution that works for...
  10. Xbox remote play to laptop: Trying to reconnect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox remote play to laptop: Trying to reconnect: Hello, I have started using my laptop as a display for my Xbox one. It works fairly well. However every 10 minutes or so when I am in the middle of playing my game. The error which says: Trying...