When Transferring Account to Another Email, What Will You Lose/Keep?

Discus and support When Transferring Account to Another Email, What Will You Lose/Keep? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So, I have had my account for forever and I just want to clarify that if I switch it over to a newer (already made) email address. That the only thing... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Zastach, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Zastach
    Zastach Guest

So, I have had my account for forever and I just want to clarify that if I switch it over to a newer (already made) email address. That the only thing I read you would lose is the currency currently on the Microsoft Account connected to my Xbox account.
    How much other stuff will stay on the old Microsoft Account and NOT come with my Xbox account? Like any Movies or TV Shows purchased from the Xbox Store? Game or DLC Licenses from the Marketplace( I have quite a lot of games on my account so I want to make
    really sure )? Thanks for the time to read this.

:)

Zastach, Feb 25, 2016
  2. Photonimus
    Photonimus Guest
    CavalierWings9 account made without me being the one that made it.

When you created a microsoft account/email, you generated this gamertag randomly. So his profile is still connected to his email.

Best you just use this one anyway, as transferring xbox live accounts to another person is a violation of the terms of use.

Photonimus, Feb 25, 2016
  3. Seperating my email from my son's Xbox gamer logon

There is no way to do what you are wanting to do.

Adding another Alias to the account means that he can sign in with that email and the account password and it would still bring up the same account.

DO NOT REMOVE your email from the account IF you do you will lose access to that email FOEVER.

steeledwand7664, Feb 25, 2016
  4. D3Sl
    D3Sl Guest

I am almost certain you don't lose licenses from purchased games, etc. I have changed my email many times for security reasons, most of that stuff like movies, etc. are for the most part, tied to your gamertag not the email. You should be completely fine.
    The only concern is third party stores that may have the purchase history attached to your email like for instance hulu plus, or netflix.

5. D3Sl Win User

I am almost certain you don't lose licenses from purchased games, etc. I have changed my email many times for security reasons, most of that stuff like movies, etc. are for the most part, tied to your gamertag not the email. You should be completely fine.
    The only concern is third party stores that may have the purchase history attached to your email like for instance hulu plus, or netflix.
  6. juan van Win User

Account locked. Transfer data?

Hi sorry but there is no way to transfer any information from one account to another.

Your best bet it to reactivate the Email account if you could.

If you can't they you are stuck with losing what ever is attached to that account some time or another. - Sorry
  7. HAZMAT RADIO Win User

Transfer of account to new email

You can't transfer content from one account to another.

If you replace the account email address with his, you'll most likely lose your email address if yours is a hotmail/outlook/live email address
  8. steeledwand7664 Win User

How do I separate mine and my son's accounts?

If your email is a Microsoft server email (@Hotmail.com, @outlook.com, @live.com, @msn.com) then yes you would lose access to be able to check that email forever.

If it is another server email (@gmail.com, @yahoo.com) then you would not lose access to those accounts.

There is no way to transfer the information from one Microsoft account to another.

So if it is a MS server email and you do not want to lose access to that email there is nothing that can be done.

If it is not a MS server email then you can add his email to your account as an alias and remove yours you wont lose access to it.

If his email is a MS server email he would not be able to add his email to your account as an alias because it is already a MS account.
  9. Mister Getafix Win User

How do I change the Xbox account that is linked to my Microsoft account ?

Hi there.

Creating a fresh account would create a new email address for the new account so you would not lose the older account.

Keep in mind there is no way to transfer the old email to the new account though.

Hope that helps clarify the options!
Thema:

1. When Transferring Account to Another Email, What Will You Lose/Keep? - Similar Threads - Transferring Account Another

2. How to transfer xbox account history, status, and achievements to another account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to transfer xbox account history, status, and achievements to another account: I've seen a few people in 2018 and 2020 ask questions around being able to transfer xbox account history, status, and achievements to another account. My son also has been working off my hotmail...
  3. Question about transferring minecraft to another account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Question about transferring minecraft to another account: Hope you all are having a great day! So in early 2022 i got Minecraft for Windows 10 (now its a bundle with java and bedrock) and i got a new Microsoft account mid 2022 and wanted to transfer...
  4. How do I transfer access to minecraft from one microsoft account to another?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I transfer access to minecraft from one microsoft account to another?: Hi I am trying to close one microsoft account but my minecraft is still linked to it and I would like to transfer it to another account is that possible I feel like I should at least be able to...
  5. Can I transfer purchase license from one account to another?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I transfer purchase license from one account to another?: 4 years ago my dad bought a game (Sea of Thieves) for me because I was a minor. However, the game can only be downloaded using his account. Even though my game progress is saved under my Xbox...
  6. Unable to remove a kid from account to transfer to another family froup.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to remove a kid from account to transfer to another family froup.: I am unable to transfer a child account from my wifes account, to my account. It says child is unable to remove from the family and gives an error code. Also, unable to add her to my account...
  7. Transfer xbox profile to another microsoft account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Transfer xbox profile to another microsoft account?: I created an Xbox profile on my microsoft account for my 8 year old son to use to plays games. He is 13 now and I want to transfer the xbox profile to his microsoft account so that he doesn't lose...
  8. 'Transferring' games and progress from one (email)account to another (email)account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    'Transferring' games and progress from one (email)account to another (email)account.: Hi, my son is playing XBox-games on my (dad) account. Now I/he want/s him to play under his own name/account (without losing the games/progress. Is that possible? I can't figure it out. Because...
  9. Is there a way to transfer all Xbox data to another email, my microsoft account has been...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there a way to transfer all Xbox data to another email, my microsoft account has been...: Today there have been hundreds of sign-in attempts made to my microsoft account, i changed password and added a 2-factor authentication but i would like to close the account and move all of my...
  10. Changing linked Xbox account email or transferring data to another account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changing linked Xbox account email or transferring data to another account?: Hi so my Xbox account is technically my parents, and I was just wondering if it was possible to change which email the Xbox account is linked to so I could change it to my email and remove them...