When plugging my XBox Series X into a wired ethernet connection, it causes my internet to...

Discus and support When plugging my XBox Series X into a wired ethernet connection, it causes my internet to... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I got a new XBox Series X for Christmas, plugged it into my wired ethernet connection (the same one I was using for my PS4 console with no issues), and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Leafguy80, Jan 7, 2024.

1. Leafguy80
    Leafguy80 Guest

When plugging my XBox Series X into a wired ethernet connection, it causes my internet to...

I got a new XBox Series X for Christmas, plugged it into my wired ethernet connection (the same one I was using for my PS4 console with no issues), and shortly after I did this I noticed my internet started to drop out across all of my devices. I tried disconnecting from my switch and running a cable directly to my modem, I also tried other cables, but it's the same result. I first thought there was an issue with my internet, but contacted my service provider, and there was no issue.

So I finally decided to try disconnecting the ethernet cable and using Wifi. This solved my internet connectivity issues, but now I can only use the Xbox on wifi, or it causes the issues again.

Has anyone else experienced this? would it be a problem with the ethernet port?

Thank you.

:)

Leafguy80, Jan 7, 2024
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: