When playing xbox 360 games through my xbox one it doesn't recognise that I have xbox live gold

Discus and support When playing xbox 360 games through my xbox one it doesn't recognise that I have xbox live gold in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello I've been trying to export my character from borderlands 1 (xbox 360) to borderlands goty edition (xbox one) when i open up borderlands 1 and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by witchboyseven, Jun 21, 2021.

1. When playing xbox 360 games through my xbox one it doesn't recognise that I have xbox live gold

Hello I've been trying to export my character from borderlands 1 (xbox 360) to borderlands goty edition (xbox one) when i open up borderlands 1 and press export character it tells me "This feature requires you to be connect to Xbox LIVE and have multiplayer privileges." using the xbox 360 start menu function it tells me that I must be an Xbox Live Gold member to join a party. I currently have a Gamepass Ultimate subscription, could this be meaning the 360 doesn't recognsie it as a live gold subscription ?

Has anyone else had the issue of 360 games played through xbox one not recognising that you have a gold subscription and if so what was the fix for it?

Thanks

Edit: I tested playing deadspace 2 on my xbox one and when playing that it recognised my live subscription so it's just my bd1 game that for some reason says I don't have a gold membership?!

Edit 2: When I press learn more on party chat and view my subscriptions through the 360 interface it recognises that I have an active xbox live membership but still says I can't create a party because no live gold and my borderlands still won't let me use features that are only accessible with gold membership

:)

witchboyseven, Jun 21, 2021
  2. witchboyseven Win User

When playing xbox 360 games through my xbox one it doesn't recognise that I have xbox live gold

Okay so the fix is to go into network settings > advanced and to clear the alternative mac address
  3. SwedeTrap Win User

There was an issue a while back where an update to the 360 version of Borderlands was preventing users from either playing the game online or playing it at all. It was deduced that an update was at fault and the solution was to roll back the update. I can't remember the specifics but I was unable to perform the solution myself, despite trying several times.

There's a thread about this here though it is NOT the one that I ended up trying to follow; it seems like the 360 version of the game is pretty much unsupported or something:

https://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/not-getting-past-gearbox-intro/1820919/14
  4. Stamford54 Win User

unable to play multi player on xbox360 (this player not allowed on xbox live)

Some clarification:

I purchased an Xbox Live Gold 24 Month Subscription Card and activated it on my Xbox One. The account I activated it on is the same account I am attempting to use to play multiplayer on my Xbox 360. Whilst Gold works perfectly on my Xbox One for all profiles
    present on that device; my Xbox 360 does not even recognise that I have a Gold subscription on my account. Rather, it informs me that I need to purchase Gold to play online.

I was under the impression that if you purchased a Gold subscription it would allow you to play online on that account across both Xbox 360 and Xbox One devices. Perhaps I am wrong about this.

Any insight will be appreciated.
  5. Pendle Mountain Win User

Cannot download my profile

i got the error code on xbox 360 - when i sign into xbox one it does not recognise my xbox gold subscription - i dont know if the two issues are related .
  6. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Games With Gold for Xbox One not available from Xbox 360

He's trying to confirm the purchase of the games has gone through for when he does purchase an Xbox One. The 360 is not showing signs that it's been claimed so he's tried doing so through the PC which is asking which console to install the games
    on. Since he doesn't have a One yet, the purchase won't go through there.
    From the Games with Gold FAQ:

I have Xbox Live Gold, but I don't have an Xbox One console yet. Can I still redeem Xbox One games and save them for later?

Yes. You can get two free Xbox One games every month through Games with Gold, directly from your Xbox 360 or on Xbox.com. Build your game library every month and have games waiting for you when you move
    to Xbox One.
Thema:

1. When playing xbox 360 games through my xbox one it doesn't recognise that I have xbox live gold - Similar Threads - playing 360 games

2. Is it possible to play Xbox 360 games on the Xbox series x if the series has a Xbox 360...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to play Xbox 360 games on the Xbox series x if the series has a Xbox 360...: I'm really curious if I can replace the Xbox series x hard drive with the Xbox 360 hard drive to play Xbox 360 games 6f9f477b-cc97-4697-af8b-5c4827b1134a
  3. On Xbox 360 I have a lot of downloaded games that my Xbox makes me sign in to live to play....

in XBoX on Consoles
    On Xbox 360 I have a lot of downloaded games that my Xbox makes me sign in to live to play....: I have had a couple of Xbox 360s throughout the year so I don't have the console I purchased some of my titles with. I am still on the same account so I dont see why, but it always makes me sign...
  4. Error code 801519e trying to play 360 game using xbox one … cant login to xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 801519e trying to play 360 game using xbox one … cant login to xbox live: Error code 801519e trying to play 360 game using xbox one … cant login to xbox live 5258ef95-6cff-4136-82cb-4f8ad899b6fa
  5. Im having issues trying to play 360 games on my series x.

in XBoX on Windows
    Im having issues trying to play 360 games on my series x.: it wouldn't let me use cloud saving, so I reset my xbox, now it wont let me download my profile or connect to xbox live , what can I do to fix this? I've powered cycled my console, cleared local...
  6. Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x: I’m trying to play my save on fallout 3, I’m signed to my account on the series x and connected to Xbox live but when i play the game my profile isn’t on the 360 dashboard and won’t let me...
  7. how do i play pc games with xbox 360 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i play pc games with xbox 360 controller: how do i play pc games with xbox 360 controller eff96eac-d791-4d15-bf0a-44991cf03387
  8. Can the xbox 360 play xbox classic games? If yes what 360 ( like: arcade, premium, slim))do...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can the xbox 360 play xbox classic games? If yes what 360 ( like: arcade, premium, slim))do...: (( sorry for my bad english)) I have read that you can play xbox classic games om any 360. But is it true? Because i want to play Need for speed underground 2 ect...
  9. Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?: My PC is on windows 11. I have my Xbox 360 controller connected via the 'Xbox 360 wireless receiver for windows' the controller works fine for all games, I have just completed the Halo Master...
  10. Can't play Xbox 360 games on series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't play Xbox 360 games on series x: I need to fix my backwards compatible games I try to download my profile on the Xbox 360 dash board on my series x and everytime I try to download it says I can't connect to Xbox live I've tried...