When opening the xbox app it says connecting and does not stop,and when i close the window it ...

Discus and support When opening the xbox app it says connecting and does not stop,and when i close the window it ... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi All, This fault condition was driving me nuts . I then remembered I was using a VPN . Disconnected back to my original ip address and problem... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by WeeklyAnemone36, Oct 4, 2015.

1. When opening the xbox app it says connecting and does not stop,and when i close the window it ...

Hi All,

This fault condition was driving me nuts .

I then remembered I was using a VPN . Disconnected back to my original ip address and problem solved.

TuftyDuckling43, Jan 14, 2016
  2. The same problem is occurring to me as well

xDeltaxFalc0nx, Jan 18, 2016
  3. i had the same prb and all i did was go verify my email and prb fix

Slumerican1972, Feb 9, 2016
  4. ErraticLamb7
    ErraticLamb7 Guest

When opening the xbox app it says connecting and does not stop,and when i close the window it ...

Well it seems to be a common problem and Microsoft doesn't seem to give a hoot.

I haven't been able to solve it and have nothing to add

Erratic Lamb7

ErraticLamb7, Feb 13, 2016
  5. Lamorah
    Lamorah Guest
    Is this serious, Microsoft? People have been talking about this for MONTHS and you just don't even come back to this? This is absurd. Obviously, i'm having the same issue.

Lamorah, Feb 13, 2016
  6. I'm have this problem now - any sign of a fix?

GarethR_GG090, Feb 13, 2016
  7. Think i have a solution - i was having this problem and installed the Xbox (Beta) windows 10 app - all my other games now login ok

GarethR_GG090, Feb 13, 2016
  8. memie85
    memie85 Guest

I have had this error twice now. Xbox can not sign in, even though just 24 hours before i was able to log in and play games and such from my laptop. I have shut the computer down and still xbox live for windows 10 says "we can not log you in at this time
    please try again later" First time this happened i removed my device completely from my Microsoft account and then re-added it. Thus having to reset all of my settings on the computer. Please advise as to a different solution as I DO NOT want to do that again.
    I can log in to Xbox online as i have done so to check and see if there was any issues as recommended by a "bing" search for fix problems signing in to the xbox app. thus it is not my internet connection nor an issue with my account. I too have issues with
    downloading things from the Microsoft store- which links to the Microsoft account and the Xbox account as they are all tied together.

memie85, Feb 18, 2016
  9. Bestlano
    Bestlano Guest
    HI Mem, Are you seeing any specific error? Have you tried using the Xbox App (Beta) to see if you can reproduce this issue?

Thanks,

Best

Bestlano, Feb 19, 2016
  10. BuckNastyDre
    BuckNastyDre Guest
    Had the same problem. Internet explorer had a connection and worked fine. The Xbox app however would not let me sign in saying I didn't have an Internet connection. My fix is using my iPhone as a hotspot with the usb connection. It connected immediately
    after signing in. Once it was up and running I disconnected it and it connected automatically to my normal router. Hope this works for everyone.

BuckNastyDre, Nov 1, 2018
  11. McLovin0759 Win User

When opening the xbox app it says connecting and does not stop,and when i close the window it says "we cant sign you i right now" error 0x40b

When I open the xbox app it says connecting and does not stop,and when i close the window it says "we cant sign you i right now" error 0x40b
  12. KilianMarin Win User

Game pass resets every time I open it

Hello Jesse.

This happens on PC. When I say reset it means " I open the app, it closes, it opens, it closes, it opens, it closes, it opens... and this is continuously without stopping.
  13. MS Win8 Games Win User

Microsoft Mahjong, Solitaire Collection & Minesweeper not working

Are you guys running this on Windows Phone, Windows tablet, PC, or..? When you say it crashes, does the app just close or is it still running in the background or...?
  14. Rhain64 Win User

Connecting to Xbox Live on Windows 8

I have windows 8 and there is an app for Xbox games. I can download games and it let me create an account through my Microsoft account. The app says I am signed in and when I go to play the game it says I need to sign into xbox and when I hit connect it
    then says that cannot connect to Xbox at this time check internet connection. I have all the correct ports open. I have unloaded and reloaded the app. Microsoft said till they have an update to solve this I would have to redo the whole windows 8 because this
    app is imbedded in windows 8.
  15. The Omega m4n Win User

'Offline' when not Appearing Offline

You are showing as last seen at present, i think this is the windows 10 xbox app casuing the issue here, i think this means when you use the xbox app on W10 even when you close the W10 xbox screen it sort of just goes into offline mode, you would need to
    close the app actually by stopping it via the task manager manually via pressing these keys together....Ctrl Alt Delete then finding the xbox app and stopping it.
Thema:

1. When opening the xbox app it says connecting and does not stop,and when i close the window it ... - Similar Threads - opening app says

2. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  3. I can't open Xbox app on pc

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't open Xbox app on pc: When ever I try to open Xbox app on pc the app just keep crashing while booting I deleted the app 3 times and tried to re install it and delete all Xbox app services nothing happened...
  4. Xbox App on Windows 10 doesn't open anymore

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox App on Windows 10 doesn't open anymore: Since a few weeks I face some difficult problems with the Xbox App on my computer. I receive a permanent loading screen when I start the app and it never changes a bit, even if I let it run for...
  5. Xbox Game Bar won't open and Microsoft apps all being extremely slow.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Bar won't open and Microsoft apps all being extremely slow.: This problem started around a couple of weeks ago and I haven't found anything about it online since. I'm running a very beefy PC which uses Windows 11 and all of the Microsoft apps used to work...
  6. I cant open the xbox app. Error 0x80070422

in XBoX on Windows
    I cant open the xbox app. Error 0x80070422: There are no error message but only a code. It's 0x80070422. Tried updating windows, reinstalling xbox app, and restarting. Nothing works. I'm in windows 10. This error message only pops up each...
  7. Xbox App says it recognized a game everytime I open it.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App says it recognized a game everytime I open it.: Windows 10, with Steam, Epic Games, GOG, EA, Battlenet, Ubisoft, and the Xbox App installed, with various games. I've uninstalled all my games to try and see what game it recognizes to no avail....
  8. My microsoft rewards app doesnt open in my xbox one s its says “oops,something went wrong”...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My microsoft rewards app doesnt open in my xbox one s its says “oops,something went wrong”...: My microsoft rewards app doesnt open in my xbox one s its says “oops,something went wrong” and “service unavailable “ 711226a9-a2eb-48fe-b2a3-76afd5c4d827
  9. Every time I open the Xbox app it says I have no console connected.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Every time I open the Xbox app it says I have no console connected.: Every time I open the Xbox app it says I have no console connected. I am using an iPhone 12 and Xbox series X, I have been using the app and console for a while and have gone through the setup a...
  10. Microsoft store apps say "This app cant open"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft store apps say "This app cant open": when I try to launch a game from the Microsoft store or the Xbox app it says "this app cant open. I've reset and repaired the store and it still wont open. 8c6f92a8-e33d-4621-99a7-01dedd874e12