When opening the xbox app it says connecting and does not stop,and when i close the window it ...

Discus and support When opening the xbox app it says connecting and does not stop,and when i close the window it ... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; this sucks!!! there is 1 way to fix this go back to window 8.1 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by WeeklyAnemone36, Oct 4, 2015.

1. ChrisEndsley
    ChrisEndsley Guest

When opening the xbox app it says connecting and does not stop,and when i close the window it ...

this sucks!!! there is 1 way to fix this go back to window 8.1

ChrisEndsley, Oct 22, 2015
  2. [MSFT] Aaron
    [MSFT] Aaron Guest
    I'm sorry you're having these issues, skyyman 68. If you're still experiencing this, try logging into www.xbox.com. If you cannot login to www.xbox.com successfully I suggest contacting our support teams.

If you can log into the website but are unable to log into the app, I suggest trying to update to the latest version of the beta app, which we just released a short while ago today.

[MSFT] Aaron, Oct 23, 2015
  3. Hiya, i did what someone said about typing services, scrolling to the 3 windows xbox at the bottom. changing them to start and automatic. I still had a problem. One page comes up and when you close it, the page underneath comes up with error still.

Then i noticed that the window it comes up with when you click on xbox app had writing on it at the bottom. I tried to move window up to see but couldnt. I had to set taskbar to auto-hide. Then i could see the words "Let's Play".

I clicked on that and,

ALL FIXED NOW!!! When opening the xbox app it says connecting and does not stop,and when i close the window it ... :) Phew.....

PeterPopper666, Oct 24, 2015
  4. When opening the xbox app it says connecting and does not stop,and when i close the window it ...

I logged into Xbox.com | Official but it still won't sign me in! Plus, when I search for the error "0x40b," it finds nothing. Please help!

EeryMantis5789, Oct 25, 2015
  5. Mister Maka
    Mister Maka Guest
    Heya EeryMantis5789!

Be sure to try the other steps DamienLogos provided above including the download of the beta app When opening the xbox app it says connecting and does not stop,and when i close the window it ... :)

Mister Maka, Oct 27, 2015
  6. I am having the sam issue. I can log my daughter in to live.xbox.com, but I get an error when I try to login to the app, which then prevents minecraft from loading.

FusionHealer398, Oct 30, 2015
  7. [MSFT] Aaron
    [MSFT] Aaron Guest
    FusionHealer. What version of the app are you using? I would suggest using the beta app to see if this issue persists. Also, what error message are you seeing?

[MSFT] Aaron, Nov 2, 2015
  8. 2user
    2user Guest

DamienLogos,

I have encountered this problem (0x405) on my laptop with Win10. I get the error when I try to connect to MS Mahjong/Jigsaw and if I try to download from the shop. Trying to update the programs from the shop is not an option as it indicates the programs
    are installed. Are you therefore suggesting that they be uninstalled and then downloaded. (I tried that with NEWS - removing was easy but I keep getting the error message that I am not connected and therefore have not been able to reload. Any ideas?

2user, Nov 5, 2015
  9. [MSFT] Aaron
    [MSFT] Aaron Guest
    I'm sorry to hear about these issues, AloofConch207. I'm not on the team that handles Mahjong, so I would not wish I even guess at a solution, as I might steer you wrong. Your best bet would be to bring your question up here: forums.xbox.com/.../5413.aspx
    . That is the forum for games. I wish you the best of luck.

[MSFT] Aaron, Nov 5, 2015
  10. 2user
    2user Guest
    DamienLogos, the problem was not limited to Mahjong/Jigsaw but extended to the Store, which is not game. The problem seems to be XBOX failing to recognise my internet connection, even turning the connection signal to appear as not connected when I am on
    broadband - even though I am connected and can connect to other programs. (Wifi shows I am connected - I can access Mahjong but at the Store when I select an app it comes up with a message "try again later something happened on our end" So I am not sure whether
    your reply responds. I record the issue in case someone else has a similar problem and a solution. I will also go to the suggested forum.

2user, Nov 5, 2015
  11. Lyathcael
    Lyathcael Guest
    Same problem. Can't play anything with xbox like Minecraft.

Lyathcael, Nov 5, 2015
  12. [MSFT] Aaron
    [MSFT] Aaron Guest
    AloofConch207, just to clarify, are you stating that when you visit the Windows Store (not the Xbox Store in the Xbox app) you are unable to download anything?

[MSFT] Aaron, Nov 6, 2015
  13. When opening the xbox app it says connecting and does not stop,and when i close the window it ...

I logged into Xbox.com | Official but it still won't sign me in! Plus, when I search for the error "0x40b," it finds nothing. Please help!

BurlySet2852685, Dec 23, 2015
  14. DjNovaCoon
    DjNovaCoon Guest
    Has a solution to this been given? as I am experiencing this error now.

DjNovaCoon, Jan 3, 2016
  15. McLovin0759
    McLovin0759 Guest
    When I open the xbox app it says connecting and does not stop,and when i close the window it says "we cant sign you i right now" error 0x40b

McLovin0759, Jan 8, 2016
Thema:

1. When opening the xbox app it says connecting and does not stop,and when i close the window it ... - Similar Threads - opening app says

2. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  3. I can't open Xbox app on pc

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't open Xbox app on pc: When ever I try to open Xbox app on pc the app just keep crashing while booting I deleted the app 3 times and tried to re install it and delete all Xbox app services nothing happened...
  4. Xbox App on Windows 10 doesn't open anymore

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox App on Windows 10 doesn't open anymore: Since a few weeks I face some difficult problems with the Xbox App on my computer. I receive a permanent loading screen when I start the app and it never changes a bit, even if I let it run for...
  5. Xbox Game Bar won't open and Microsoft apps all being extremely slow.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Bar won't open and Microsoft apps all being extremely slow.: This problem started around a couple of weeks ago and I haven't found anything about it online since. I'm running a very beefy PC which uses Windows 11 and all of the Microsoft apps used to work...
  6. I cant open the xbox app. Error 0x80070422

in XBoX on Windows
    I cant open the xbox app. Error 0x80070422: There are no error message but only a code. It's 0x80070422. Tried updating windows, reinstalling xbox app, and restarting. Nothing works. I'm in windows 10. This error message only pops up each...
  7. Xbox App says it recognized a game everytime I open it.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App says it recognized a game everytime I open it.: Windows 10, with Steam, Epic Games, GOG, EA, Battlenet, Ubisoft, and the Xbox App installed, with various games. I've uninstalled all my games to try and see what game it recognizes to no avail....
  8. My microsoft rewards app doesnt open in my xbox one s its says “oops,something went wrong”...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My microsoft rewards app doesnt open in my xbox one s its says “oops,something went wrong”...: My microsoft rewards app doesnt open in my xbox one s its says “oops,something went wrong” and “service unavailable “ 711226a9-a2eb-48fe-b2a3-76afd5c4d827
  9. Every time I open the Xbox app it says I have no console connected.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Every time I open the Xbox app it says I have no console connected.: Every time I open the Xbox app it says I have no console connected. I am using an iPhone 12 and Xbox series X, I have been using the app and console for a while and have gone through the setup a...
  10. Microsoft store apps say "This app cant open"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft store apps say "This app cant open": when I try to launch a game from the Microsoft store or the Xbox app it says "this app cant open. I've reset and repaired the store and it still wont open. 8c6f92a8-e33d-4621-99a7-01dedd874e12