When my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller is in hair trigger mode, my right trigger is...

Discus and support When my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller is in hair trigger mode, my right trigger is... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When my controller (Xbox Elite Series 2) is in hair-trigger mode and I push down and continue to push down it makes this weird squeaking noise. This... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by HoldMyGrenade, Mar 26, 2024.

1. When my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller is in hair trigger mode, my right trigger is...

When my controller (Xbox Elite Series 2) is in hair-trigger mode and I push down and continue to push down it makes this weird squeaking noise. This does not happen with my left trigger. I have already tried using a compressed air can to see if it was a hair stuck but I didn't get anywhere. Any suggestions?

:)

HoldMyGrenade, Mar 26, 2024
  2. CCN_HsK Win User

Elite Series 2 starting to break at unprecedented rate

your elite series 2 need repair...

about elite series 2, I think this has more problem....

I have 2 elite series 2, my rubber knobs on the hair trigger locks came off too.

And My 'A' button is very bad..
  3. Kain3984 Win User

Elite controller 2 trigger stops not working

So the hair trigger lvl on my controller registers nothing no matter what I change it too on the app. the first and 2nd lvls if the trigger stop works fine. the third registers nothing no matter what I set the dead zones to. Is there anything I
    can try before i exchange this for another one?
    I'm having the exact same issue with my Elite 2 which arrived yesterday. Hair triggers do not work for either side. Have updated the firmware on the controller and when setting the triggers to hair trigger neither of them registers anything, even in the Xbox
    accesories testing app. Very frustrating.
  4. JonBurke Win User

Brand new elite controller sticky left hair trigger

My elite controller as well. Left hair trigger. Hopefully it gets unstuck.
  5. KingOfTheRen Win User

Elite controller 2 trigger stops not working

Having the hair triggers set to the 3rd level on the new Series 2 Elite controller already makes it as responsive as can be so adjusting the dead zones doesn't apply as they're already maxed out.
  6. Yanyannnn Win User

When my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller is in hair trigger mode, my right trigger is squeaking when fully pushed down. Is there a fix?

Hello HoldMyGrenade,

Thank you for reaching out to Microsoft customer support. I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing an issue with your Xbox Elite Series 2 controller. Just a reminder, here on community we are not able to double check accounts and devices to check for the possible issue. What we can do here is provide/guide customers with possible troubleshooting steps for the issue.

Based on the information you've provided, it sounds like there may be an issue with the trigger mechanism. I would recommend contacting Xbox support directly to see if they can assist you with troubleshooting the issue or potentially replacing the controller if it is still under warranty.

We are not able to check your controller here on community since we do not have the tool to proceed. No worries, our dedicated Xbox Live support will be able to assist you on this one even further.

Please follow the steps below to reach out to our live support team:

1. Please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support
    2. Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page matches the country/region you are currently located.
    3. If not, please select the country/region it is showing and select the correct one among the lists.
    4. Make sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.
    5. Select the "Contact Us" button
    6. Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
    7. The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
    8. On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.
    9. If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".
    10. Should you be encountering issues contacting support, you may try InPrivate Window of your browser, other browser, different device/s or connect to different network.

Hope I helped!

YanYannn
    Microsoft Community Moderator
Thema:

When my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller is in hair trigger mode, my right trigger is...

1. When my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller is in hair trigger mode, my right trigger is... - Similar Threads - Elite Series controller

2. Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair: Hi, I'm trying to get an Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Repaired thats In warranty. But when the site askes me to "Select shipping address to see available service options" It then...
  3. I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...

in XBoX on Windows
    I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...: I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso Because I spilled water on it and I forgot to put the service request number on the outside of the box, it’s a little pinkish box and ups says it...
  4. Unresponsive right bumper on elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unresponsive right bumper on elite series 2 controller: I bought an elite series 2 controller 6 months ago,and from 2 months ago I've encountered an issue where my right bumper does not register inputs unless I press it really hard,blowing air into the...
  5. The rattling sound from my new Elite Series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    The rattling sound from my new Elite Series 2 controller: Hello, A few days ago, I purchased a new Elite Series 2 controller. While I haven't noticed any issues with other games, I hear an irritating rattling sound from the right trigger when I try it...
  6. Xbox Wireless Controller Elite Series 2 - Warranty / Customs issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Controller Elite Series 2 - Warranty / Customs issue: Hello everyone, I have an issue about warranty replacement. I sent my controller for repair / service on 26.04.24 but due to stock issues Microsoft send new one from Germany to Turkey to my...
  7. Rattling sound in elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Windows
    Rattling sound in elite series 2 controller: So my warranty is over on my controller. By a few months and I seem to have this issue with multiple elite controllers. That just over time something on the inside seems to start rattling. The...
  8. Xbox Elite Controller series 2 right thumbstick drift?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller series 2 right thumbstick drift?: I’ve had this elite controller for about a year and randomly the joysticks started messing up. I checked on the accessories app and the right thumbstick appears to stay in this position no matter...
  9. LB button not working in Elite Series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    LB button not working in Elite Series 2 controller: When I bought the Xbox Elite Series 2 controller. I played with the controller for a few weeks. Later the LB button had a problem where it only works if you press it one point or press it a lot....
  10. No service option available for my series elite controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    No service option available for my series elite controller: Having problems with joystick drift and it powers off unexpectedly so I tried to make a repair service it let's me choose full service then the next page says no service options available any help...