When my headset is plugged into my controller over Bluetooth it does not work. It works...

Discus and support When my headset is plugged into my controller over Bluetooth it does not work. It works... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have updated the controller’s firmware and have used 2 different headsets with this same problem. Thx in advance for any help or ideas.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Brian Conn, Oct 20, 2023.

1. Brian Conn
    Brian Conn Guest

When my headset is plugged into my controller over Bluetooth it does not work. It works...

I have updated the controller’s firmware and have used 2 different headsets with this same problem. Thx in advance for any help or ideas.

:)

Brian Conn, Oct 20, 2023
  2. [Farscape] Win User

Official xbox one mic not working with discord

it wont work via bluetooth as the controller does not pass audio vie bluetooth.

wired then it technically should pic the headset up as a usb audio device. i normally use either a turtlebeach 3.5mm headset or my mobile phone headset.

not sure why it wont work over usb though.
  3. [Farscape] Win User

Xbox Bluetooth Controller as well headset not being recognized

the controller supports bluetooth connection to pc and mobile devices but does not support audio over bluetooth in any way shape or form (does support audio passthrough when wired to pc)

the headset should work though when the controller is wirelessly connected to the xbox one.

have you resynced the controller to the xbox one.
  4. Wick3d Pleasure Win User

My adapter for my headset is not working

Yes. I tried my headset in my phone. Sound is clear and my mic works. But when plugged into controller its like my controller does not recognize it's plugged in. My controller has fresh batteries and is up to date. It worked fine Wednesday. But when i played
    Thursday it didn't work at all.
  5. Farscape247 Win User

Turtle beach connect to pc

yes as the controller works on bluetooth but there is no audio passthrough via bluetooth, either plug the controller in with a cable and hardwire the headset into that or use xbox wireless adapter.
  6. bdub1228 Win User

XBox Series S Controller

This also stopped working. Not exactly sure what is going on. Controller works through bluetooth on every device but my gaming pc. But I can connect other controllers through bluetooth and they work directly plugged in. Only this XBox controller does not work after working fine
Thema:

1. When my headset is plugged into my controller over Bluetooth it does not work. It works... - Similar Threads - headset plugged controller

2. Xbox believes my headset is permanently plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox believes my headset is permanently plugged in: So my Xbox randomly started displaying my headset as being permanently plugged in, before and after this issue I've been using the same controller and the same headset so I don't believe this is...
  3. Why is the port for my headphones wobbly when i plug my headset in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is the port for my headphones wobbly when i plug my headset in: I just bought a brand new Series X yesterday and when i plugged my headset into my remote i noticed that the headphone jack wobbles around ALOT and effects the audio not sure why but its brand new...
  4. Controller disconnects when headset is plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller disconnects when headset is plugged in: Hi, my daughter is trying to play my xbox one when she plugs a headset in it works OK in the fortnight lobby but as soon as a game loads it disconnects the controller. Any ideas? Thanks...
  5. Why do I lose Atmos surround sound when I plug a headset into my wired controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I lose Atmos surround sound when I plug a headset into my wired controller?: The moment I plug my headset in to my Razer Wolverine V2 controller the sound mode on my XBOX changes the audio output to stereo uncompressed. The sound output cannot be changed back to any type...
  6. When I plug in my headset in my controller my tv gets a lot louder.

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I plug in my headset in my controller my tv gets a lot louder.: I plug my headset into my controller and my tv gets a lot louder. I’m just wondering why it does this? Is there a way I can keep the loudness without the headset plugged in?...
  7. How do I stop my Xbox controller from randomly turning off when a headset is plugged into...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I stop my Xbox controller from randomly turning off when a headset is plugged into...: My Xbox controller turns off intermittently while playing COD and any other game. This only happens when a headset is plugged into the 3.5mm jack and most of the time in party chat. This was...
  8. Mic monitoring resets everytime I plug in my controller and headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic monitoring resets everytime I plug in my controller and headset: Everytime I plug in my wired controller (gamesir g7 se) and my wired headset (steelseries) my mic monitoring is on. The only way I've found to turn if off is to go into a party and go to audio...
  9. I’m using an elite series 2 controller, I plug in my headset and I can hear people talking...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m using an elite series 2 controller, I plug in my headset and I can hear people talking...: I’m using an elite series 2 controller, I plug in my headset and I can hear people talking in party but they can’t hear me. I’m not muted, I updated my controller. Idk what to do...
  10. Xbox Series X|S Controller grays out Headset Chat Mixer when headphones are plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X|S Controller grays out Headset Chat Mixer when headphones are plugged in: When I plug in my Razor headset (wired) into my wireless X|S Controller it grays out the Headset Chat Mixer. I'm in the Alpha Ring of the Insider Updates, so I'm unsure if it's the Insider or...