When, Microsoft?

Discus and support When, Microsoft? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Funny how all over the internet I hear whining how microsoft has made the xbox into an entertainment system and not for "gamers"......they don't have... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by x24hrs2livex, Jan 26, 2014.

  1. Burnin TODI
    Burnin TODI Guest

    When, Microsoft?


    Funny how all over the internet I hear whining how microsoft has made the xbox into an entertainment system and not for "gamers"......they don't have audio/video streaming or WMC and everybody whines because their console only plays games. Doesn't matter
    what they do, everybody whines......they could have included everything , WMC, BC, every stinking option and detail, then the whiners would complain about the $600 or even greater price tag to include all the extra crap.
     
    Burnin TODI, Jan 26, 2014
    #31
  2. x24hrs2livex
    x24hrs2livex Guest
    [quote user="SpiiT RhymeS"]

    Well the fanboys use the stars to express their disinterest i anything that isn't riding Microsoft's d*ck.

    [/quote]

    No the trolls use the star rating system. Any forum regular disregards them all together. Only the butthurt comment on them. And I would say you 1 starred me in your thread, but I dont know for sure, nor did I bump my own rating.
     
    x24hrs2livex, Jan 26, 2014
    #32
  3. SpiiT RhymeS
    SpiiT RhymeS Guest
    Nope thats not me actually hahaha
     
    SpiiT RhymeS, Jan 26, 2014
    #33
  4. When, Microsoft?

    I hear what you say, but you have to take in to consideration that they do seem to have upset the largest number of different interests possible. By claiming to be the One solution to everything they upset those that only wanted it to be a gaming animal.
    By doing so they may have lost a few "gamers", but they may have gained a few that expected a media animal. Trouble is, that is not the product that showed up. The people that were happy to make a move from the 360 to the One for the extra power are disappointed
    to find out that in many respects it does less than the box it replaced. I don't see how they could have cheesed off more people if they had tried. In fact, I went on to my old 360 recently. I was actually surprised how quick it felt, especially through the
    menus. The One looks prettier, and the menus look nicer, but they can be a bit sluggish. My gripe is that they have had more than long enough to get the existing features of the 360 in to the One. A lot of them should have been there at launch. Even more should
    have been there by now.
     
    peachy001-D0125ED5-808E-4E9A-8670-DE05D5144BAC, Jan 26, 2014
    #34
  5. Tzar of kaos
    Tzar of kaos Guest
    Are you mad because of Microsoft and Xbox one or because you bought a console blindly without trying to get informations...

    Before launch i already knew what i'll get.....My only surprise was You Tube app,which wasn't suppose to be on Xbox one.

    And no the Xbox one doesn't work like a 360,learn how to use it.....Good luck.
     
    Tzar of kaos, Jan 26, 2014
    #35
  6. [quote user="kingvas78"]

    Patience is a virtue......

    [/quote]

    Patience for certain things like making wine or cheese, or when dealing with a child is a virtue. Patience for a multi-million dollar company to get their act together and get some fixes out already, is annoying and sad.
     
    BizarroMantis, Jan 26, 2014
    #36
  7. Ominae3
    Ominae3 Guest
    "I'm pretty sure you can stream from WMP to X1, although I can't personally get this to work cos nothing finds the X1 in the network, I figure it's some network settings, but the functionality is there".

    If it exists why is it so hard to find? I can't find it on the X1 and I certainly haven't been able to find any mention of this on this (or any other) website. If the functionality exists but the consumer is unaware of it we don't call it a feature, we call
    it a secret.

    It's not like I didn't know things wouldn't improve over time, I lived through that with the original Xbox and the Xbox 360. It just seems like with the X1, from the moment it was introduced, MS really didn't pay attention to what the customer wanted. They
    made plans that no one wanted, and then had to backpedal to appease those they *** off.

    I'm with Randver. I''m of the opinion that each new product should improve upon the previous version. The X1 may get there eventually, but for now I think the 360 is the better console.
     
    Ominae3, Jul 19, 2014
    #37
  8. SigmaTheDJ
    SigmaTheDJ Guest

    When, Microsoft?

    You can stream media to the Xbox One in a couple of ways, but neither is great.

    You can use the "Play To" option in Windows 8.x (and possibly Windows 7 too, although I'm not sure), so if you right-click on an audio or video file you can choose "Play To" and as long as your Xbox One is turned on and on the same network it will appear
    there. When you select it, the audio/video will stream to the console and it will start to play. You can queue stuff up via the PC too. Of course, that's kinda backwards, as you want to control this from the console where the media is being streamed to, not
    the PC where the media is being streamed from, but still - it's an option.

    The other way is to use an app on your smartphone or tablet, such as Skifta (available for iOS and Android). That kinda acts as a middle-man and allows you to stream content either from the phone/tablet or over your network to the Xbox One. That's a much
    better option than using Play To.

    Obviously what we need is a good front end for streaming on the console. Plex is supposedly coming to the Xbox One and I think MS will make their own app that acts as a front end, but their priorities have been more gaming/social focussed up to now.

    What I would really love to see is for MS to go all out on this and support loads of codecs and containers. I think sometimes, companies don't want to support things because they don't want people playing pirated content and because they want to push them
    in the direction of using their services, but at the end of the day, that hasn't stopped tons of legitimate apps being made for devices like the Roku, which supports loads of different codecs/containers. I think MS should do it, because it makes the Xbox One
    far more attractive as an all-round entertainment box. All of my CDs and vinyl are ripped to FLAC. All of my movie discs are ripped to MKV. The Xbox One plays neither so I've still got a WDTV which plays both, but if they want it to live up to its name of
    being the "One" box you need, they should really go all out with this.
     
    SigmaTheDJ, Jul 19, 2014
    #38
  9. Ominae3
    Ominae3 Guest
    Just heard DLNA is coming to the X1, supposedly later this year. Also heard it will support MKV. I applaud MS for finally giving people what they wanted (and had) with the Xbox360.

    I tried the "Play To" option and it pretty much sucks. In my house the X1 is on the first floor, my desktop (where all of my media is stored) is on the second, so "Play To" is impractical for me. The only benefit I would derive from using it is the increased
    exercise I would get from walking up and down the stairs. Sigma was spot on: you need to be able to control it from the console, and you shouldn't have to use third party apps to make it work.

    As someone who works for a company that both manufactures and services it's own products, I'm still confused as to how MS got so many things so wrong. We take years to develop a new product from scratch and the "voice of the customer" is the driving force
    behind everything we make. MS seems to have been oblivious to what their market wanted which lead to a disaster of a launch. While I applaud them for listening to us and making so many changes/improvements, I can't believe they didn't have any way of knowing
    what their customers wanted in the first place.
     
    Ominae3, Aug 16, 2014
    #39
  10. Om, it's simple - they looked at the market data rather than the voice of the market. When, Microsoft? ;)
     
    Galactic Geek, Aug 16, 2014
    #40
  11. NxtDoc1851
    NxtDoc1851 Guest
    It will evolve just as the Xbox 360 did. Evolution is what Xbox excels at.
     
    NxtDoc1851, Aug 16, 2014
    #41
  12. Dakrkplayer2
    Dakrkplayer2 Guest
    I do not care streaming from PC. I mostly never used it.
     
    Dakrkplayer2, Oct 31, 2018
    #42
  13. x24hrs2livex Win User

    When, Microsoft?

    [quote user="SpiiT RhymeS"]

    Well the fanboys use the stars to express their disinterest i anything that isn't riding Microsoft's d*ck.

    [/quote]

    No the trolls use the star rating system. Any forum regular disregards them all together. Only the butthurt comment on them. And I would say you 1 starred me in your thread, but I dont know for sure, nor did I bump my own rating.
  14. bemaniac360 Win User

    When, Microsoft?

    The console can do all of these things better and faster than xbox 360. These features are coming. You'll love how much better all these features are when they hit. Summer I feel and the UK will have full xbox one tv functions and the world will have plug
    and play/streaming media functions.
  15. XxEndless WarxX Win User

    When, Microsoft?

    For me personally I would rather have the product now and be able to play the new games now rather then wait until all the other minimal crap is finished. As long as it plays the games now I can wait for a battery indicator. In fact don't even worry about
    a battery indicator Ms, its not a big deal really.
  16. Randver Win User

    When, Microsoft?

    [quote user="XxEndless WarxX"]

    Their ya go buddy. Looks like your catching on.

    [/quote]

    I agree with you guys that the One we will have a year from now or two years from now will be an improvement.

    My issue has always been when you leave things out like battery power meters, storage management, etc at the start then your spending time to add back features rather than starting the process towards the evolution. It just goes back to not moving backwards
    to move forward.
  17. SpiiT RhymeS Win User

    When, Microsoft?

    Nope thats not me actually hahaha
Thema:

When, Microsoft?

Loading...
  1. When, Microsoft? - Similar Threads - Microsoft

  2. Please add Xbox Gift Cards and Game Pass to Microsoft Rewards in Dominican Republic,...

    in XboX Insiders
    Please add Xbox Gift Cards and Game Pass to Microsoft Rewards in Dominican Republic,...: Hello Xbox Team. Microsoft Rewards is officially active across Latin America, and we love accumulating points. However, the redemption catalog in countries like the Dominican Republic, Colombia,...
  3. Xbox browser microsoft esge issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox browser microsoft esge issues: Hi, I have another xbox series x, and gaming wise its brill, but when im watching TV on the browser, it's soo glitchy and buggy. I dont belive this is my wifi, as the same site runs smoothly on my...
  4. Why can’t Microsoft reliably report Xbox controller battery level on Windows

    in XboX Insiders
    Why can’t Microsoft reliably report Xbox controller battery level on Windows: I’ve had this issue for years and I genuinely don’t understand how something this basic still hasn’t been fixed. I own five Xbox Wireless Controllers (Model 1914) and all five have the same...
  5. The 5GB RAM limit in Dev Mode is holding the console back here’s why Microsoft needs to...

    in XboX Insiders
    The 5GB RAM limit in Dev Mode is holding the console back here’s why Microsoft needs to...: Hey Team Xbox, As a dedicated player who loves using Dev Mode and creator features, I would really appreciate it if the team could consider opening up more RAM access for developers and creators....
  6. Microsoft Store (international gifts)

    in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft Store (international gifts): They should improve and simplify the GIFT system. Paying for a game as a gift for a friend should be straightforward and without major complications. However, despite indicating the friend to be...
  7. Microsoft store update when scrolling ❕️Fixed❕️

    in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft store update when scrolling ❕️Fixed❕️: The line when scrolling is gone on the microsoft store it was a line in the middle of all the titles when you scroll down up and side to side it was a visual effect in short term. submitted by...
  8. "welcome to game pass" email, WITHOUT PURCHASE, doesn't show subscription in microsoft account

    in XboX Insiders
    "welcome to game pass" email, WITHOUT PURCHASE, doesn't show subscription in microsoft account: hey yall, basically, my mom got an email from " xbox@e.xbox.com " (which i googled and it said thats a legit email they use) saying "welcome to xbox game pass" and "game pass is now yours". she...
  9. Xbox update issues regarding Microsoft store

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox update issues regarding Microsoft store: I recently booted up my Xbox after a month of not using it and it auto updated now I can't download games through the Ms store due to the store not loading completely I've tried resets I've tried...
  10. Never Received the Microsoft 50th anniversary badge

    in XboX Insiders
    Never Received the Microsoft 50th anniversary badge: I noticed that some of my friends have the badge on their profiles. I remember joining the preview and checking it periodically, but it hasn’t appeared on my profile yet. Has this happened to...