When launching a game from PC Xbox Game Pass, Xbox Live login gives error 0x80070520

Discus and support When launching a game from PC Xbox Game Pass, Xbox Live login gives error 0x80070520 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I was launching Starfield from PC Xbox Game Pass, and when it was signing in a Xbox Live window prompt came up and said I couldn't log in and gave me... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RobN1, Nov 17, 2023.

1. RobN1
    RobN1 Guest

When launching a game from PC Xbox Game Pass, Xbox Live login gives error 0x80070520

I was launching Starfield from PC Xbox Game Pass, and when it was signing in a Xbox Live window prompt came up and said I couldn't log in and gave me an error code: 0x80070520

I'm on Windows 11 Pro 23H3. I also updated my Microsoft Store App today and downloaded the November Windows 11 23H3 updates already too.

I tried a few other of my PC Game Pass games and they all try to sign onto Xbox Live and fail with the same error code above.

I went to the App Settings and did the Reset for the Xbox App, then uninstalled and re-installed it with PowerShell ran in Administrator Mode.

I also uninstalled and reinstalled Gaming Services, Xbox and Game Bar app's and re-logged into them all with my Microsoft/Xbox account, but am still having a issue launching a game and signing into Xbox Live with the 0x80070520 error code.

Earlier today on the Xbox Status part of Xbox.com, I saw that Games and Services went into Server Maintence around 5:03am PST with limited availability sign posted there. I just check it now and it's all in the green supposedly but I'm still getting the Xbox Live error code above and can't launch and play any of my PC Game Pass games still.

Could use some help here thanks.

:)

RobN1, Nov 17, 2023
  2. Nkosana23 Win User

Hi. My name is Brilliant, an independent advisor, happy to assist you today.

Here are a few troubleshooting tips you can try to resolve your query:
    - Update your device drivers.
    - Update the Xbox and Gaming Services apps.
    - Sign into the Xbox app and Store using the same account.
    - Make sure your date and time is correct.
    - Disable your antivirus.
    - Use the app troubleshooter.
    - Repair and reset the Xbox app.

For more details on the above and more troubleshooting tips, kindly visit: https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/troubleshooting/troubleshoot-games-windows-10

If the above does not resolve your query, you can also try reset your Windows. Resetting your PC lets you perform a clean reinstallation and update of Windows while keeping your personal data and most Windows settings intact. In some cases, a clean installation may improve your device's performance, security, browsing experience, and battery life.

For more details on giving your PC a fresh start, kindly visit: https://support.microsoft.com/windo... reset your PC, go,this PC , select Reset PC.

I hope this helps resolve your query.
  3. swphotog Win User

multiplayer privileges with game pass ultimate

i downloaded the fallout 76 xbox game from game pass and launched in it in xbox companion on on my pc. It launches to the load screen but when i select play it gives me the profile privileges message.
  4. AlJJK Win User

couldn't sign into xbox live with Dirt 5 (0x89235107)

Hi Ricardo

I performed a reset of Dirt 5 in Apps, restarted PC and uninstalled/reinstalled the game.

Still same error displayed during xbox live login when game is launched.

Not sure what's wrong still when other games are working. What else can be done here?
  5. Reborn Insanity Win User

How do I share my Xbox ultimate subscription?

If you're using a Windows 10 PC all you have to do is login to your Xbox Live / Microsoft account that has the Game Pass Ultimate attached to it on the PC. From there you should be able to download Game Pass PC games from the Microsoft Store.
  6. The2ndPete Win User

Can't sign into Xbox App, 0x80070520

I got the same problem.

Steps that should help:

- uninstall XBox-App by PowerShell Command

- create offline-Account

- restart PC with offline-account and install XBox-App

- Login with offline-account

- wait for login confirmation

- restart PC and login with original (online) account

For me the uninstall and reinstall works, but the problem persists.

As soon as I try to login with the online account - Error Code 0x80070520.

Which is a great error code, since not even Microsoft seems to know what it means :(
Thema:

1. When launching a game from PC Xbox Game Pass, Xbox Live login gives error 0x80070520 - Similar Threads - launching game Game

2. I got a new laptop now I can't launch a Game coppied from my old pc

in XBoX on Windows
    I got a new laptop now I can't launch a Game coppied from my old pc: I coppied Lies of P from my old pc and the launcher verifies only 11.4 gigs then says the game is ready to launch when I launch the game it says : some game files are missing or corrupted . and...
  3. How do i launch my game

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i launch my game: Im trying to play forza horizon 2 (a game i purchased using off of games with gold a few years ago) but now im trying to play it and it keeps saying i need to have an activated gamepass core or...
  4. Cant launch gamepass games on my PC

in XboX Insiders
    Cant launch gamepass games on my PC: When you select to play a game from the downloaded games, the game card launches on screen, signs in, then syncs, and then gets on stuck in the "Launching Game" phase. Has anyone else experienced...
  5. pc xbox app stuck launching and can't remove gaming services

in XBoX on Windows
    pc xbox app stuck launching and can't remove gaming services: this has been a problem on my laptop for a very long time now. I have tried to fix the xbox app stuck launching bug by removing gaming services and reinstalling it through powershell as some...
  6. I keep Blue screening when I try to launch any game.

in XBoX on Windows
    I keep Blue screening when I try to launch any game.: Every time I launch into Fortnite I receive a blue screen of death withe the error code "Unexpected_kernel_mode_trap" or "Client_watchdog_timeout" Here are the minidump files:...
  7. External HDD not launching games or apps

in XboX Insiders
    External HDD not launching games or apps: Updated to the latest preview (21/04/2024) and now after I launch an app thats installed to my HDD it just loads indefinitely then stops and gives an error for taking to long to load, when I...
  8. Games stuck at Signing in screen when launched

in XboX Insiders
    Games stuck at Signing in screen when launched: When I launch a game it keeps on loading in the signing in screen. I have been getting this issue since yesterday. submitted by /u/EclipseEternale [link] [comments]
  9. Sorry we couldnt complete your request error pops up and cannot launch any games

in XboX Insiders
    Sorry we couldnt complete your request error pops up and cannot launch any games: . submitted by /u/Evening-Argument3746 [link] [comments]
  10. Launching Steam games mutes ALL audio from all apps/windows/etc.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Launching Steam games mutes ALL audio from all apps/windows/etc.: This only happens with Steam games. I launches a different game through the Ubisoft launcher and had no audio issues. Whenever I launch ANY of my Steam games, audio from ALL sources completely...