When is Xbox fixing input latency for Xbox Series X and Elite 2 Controllers ?

Discus and support When is Xbox fixing input latency for Xbox Series X and Elite 2 Controllers ? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, this issue is beyond of, - just veryfing your network with your ISP and confirming no packet losses (not the issue), - changing your monitor... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by eomar500, May 9, 2024.

1. eomar500
    eomar500 Guest

Hello,

this issue is beyond of,

- just veryfing your network with your ISP and confirming no packet losses (not the issue),

- changing your monitor to game mode, low input latency, adaptive sync (not the issue),

after testing a lot of games in 60 Hz and 120 Hz with my state of the art Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 monitor that supports any feature you may think of up to 4k in 240 Hz in 1ms and even has AMD Free Sync Pro that supports Auto HDR10 and which you will think that it will pair perfectly with your Xbox CPU & GPU, I still encounterd input latency issues.

- TECHNICAL ISSUES -

Context: The wireless feature in your controller (Xbox Elite Series 2) has the typical issue that you have to play wired in order to improve the input latency. (common issue known by any pro player)

- The Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 has another issue which has 4 vibrators, to feel the realism of the game, experience playing online, (being shot or hitting something) which is pretty cool, but these are too complex and have to be synched in real time with your games, you have to turn them off down to 0% in order to improve your input latency.

- Headset (Not Xbox Official), also is too complex as they integrated Dolby Atmos, I conncted my Hyper X to the universal jack input that the controller has and this obviously also impacted my input latency in a bad way due to it has to transmit, my gameplay, buttons pressed and thumbsticks variations, microphone comms and speakers sound, even if your headset does not support Dolby Atmos.

- Xbox Official Headset, supports Dolby Atmos and "is connected directly to your console" instead of your controller, which makes sense, meaning Xbox Team knew this issue, but even tho, somehow the Xbox Series X can't keep up with the wireless communications during online games and you feel the progressive input lag.

- RESOLUTION ISSUES -

Context: If you select 120 HZ you improve the input latency immediately as the Xbox lower the Graph Settings of all games in order to keep up with the 120 HZ promised in the E3 launch and the missing visuals are streamed to you trough the games which sounds pretty cool, however in the reality, this makes the games to not look pretty good in general.

- Playing in 4k at 120 Hz the xbox still can't keep up, you feel progressive and gradual input lag issues 50% of the time.

- Playing in 1440p at 120 Hz, the input lag is improved even more about 70% of the time, but at some point you encounter again with input latency issues.

- Playing in 1080 at 120 Hz, the logical guess will be that Xbox will use the maximum graph settings at this resolution but in reality this doesn't happen, which is unacceptable and dumb, and the input lag is finally corrected at this resolution but only at a ratio of 90% of the time.

-Playing in 4k at 60 fps, the vissuals are amazing but the input lag is awful, if you active Motion Blur Reduction mode which unlocks my monitor to 1ms response time to correct input latency, your frames are 1/2 synched and the image is a little bit ghosted, which is not good, the other option is to activate AMD Free Sync Pro which you will think that this will correct ALL the issues since both are AMD and in reality this does not happen, even with Low Latency Mode always activated in your Xbox you experience progressive input lag issues.

I tested the same way the 60 Hz in lowering the resolutions down to 1080p and my surprise was that the Xbox even has input latency issues in 1080p at 60 Hz? Even when the game is not vissually loaded. Unreal. Unacceptable.

- SOFTWARE ISSUES (Games) -

Context: I have tested most of all commercial games, from Halo Infinte, Assassin's Creed: Mirage and to of course Call Of Duty, which are supposed to be the MOST optimized by logic, which in reality this is not true.

- Halo Infinite, I have to admit that in some updates they correct the input latency issues, but in certain updates, they trash all previous improvements and we are back to the same issues. Playing in 4k at 120 Hz the visuals were improved, but the input lag issues are still present.

- Assassin's Creed: Mirage, the Quality Mode at 30 fps, absolutley destroys the purpose of gameplay and trashes your gaming experience due to heavy input lag issues, at Performance mode the 60 fps option corrects the issues, and since the game is not that competitive it is acceptable for this game at some point, but you still feel an slight input lag issue.

- Call Of Duty, the same as Halo, they fix the issues and they trash them in the next update, this game could be considered the most commercial, and you can see they are testing 'new' feautres. To mention one that casues input lag, they are testing a feature that is kind of 'Cloud Gaming Sessions', but it is not entirely cloud gaming, to explain this a little bit more, back in the day in the era of Xbox 360, your character was loaded in your console and you connected to the game session and only the person with connection issues was the person desynching from the game and everybody could see that, also you could step above antoher character and even exist in the same space like overlapping inside other player, you were not 'pushed' by another player when they were trying to move in the same direction. Now days in the era of Xbox Series X you will have imagined that by this time, all these developers should have corrected all these issues and learned their lessons, however this is not true, with this new feature, now you can see that you get 'pushed' by another player when you are trying to throw a grenade, which is dumb and very frustrating, since you need to be precise otherwise your grenade will hit an slight cable or object like the Domination flag poles and bump back at you, which is even more dumb, also if one player is stepped in any space/position, either you push him to pass or they do not let you advance in that direction they somwhow 'push' you and sometimes this gets you trapped in small spaces, like inside crates of the map of Shipment, why this all happens, becasue now your character is not loaded in your console, now you connect somehow to a cloud session/lobby and you connect to a character in the cloud and here comes the...

BIG ISSUE,

since all players are connected to the this cloud session/lobby/match, when a connection issue happens to one player it somehow affects the entire game session/lobby/match as well in order to not drop that player from the match, we were promised with dedicated servers and the experience has demonstrated that they are NOT and this gets worse when the connection issue happens to the game session HOST, this is when you start experiencing packet loss, and gets even worse, when the game session/lobby or match gets loaded with all these events of termites, grenades exploding, harrier explosions, fire from molotovs the ENTIRE match begins to lag, and you feel really delayed you begin to belive that your gameplay is bad but the real reason is that the entire match is lagging, this will explain why at the begginning of the game the input response feels good and after the match keeps advancing your start to feel the progressive input lag.

- CONCLUSION -

Forgive me for my bad English this is my 4th language.

I wanted to share my experience to see if any other players were experiencing the same issues as me and with the hope to find someone that has come to a solution. I don't see Xbox fixing this issue until the next generation console because this issue also has to do with the hardware and that would be a bet.

Solutions: (for anyone interested)

- Stick to my technical issues work arounds and stick to the 1080p 120 Hz gameplay.

- Xbox has launched monitors certified by Xbox, which tells you that they knew about this nightmare, but I am not buying a new monitor just to test this. I am done.

- Buy a PC, as I did, but remember SOMETIMES you willl still experience the input lag of any lobby hosted by a player far from you or with bad connection. I still use my Xbox to play casual games but not competitive.

:)

eomar500, May 9, 2024
  2. KhajiBower34 Win User

Can the xbox series X/S and elite series polling rate be unlocked via software update? Can you guys make it possible?

Hello Elite S, I am an independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today. My name is Khaji!

Yes, it is possible to unlock the sound speed of Xbox Series X/S and Elite Series controllers through a software update. The update brings dynamic latency input to these older controllers, meaning it will send input data when it detects it in as little as 2ms when used with an Xbox Series console, rather than polling and transmitting at a fixed interval. 8ms

However, the ability to modify Software or Hardware is not within my capabilities.
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

Xbox uses Wi-Fi direct to minimize latency between the controller and the system far more than any other platform

What is the display are you using?

whatever is happening with your third-party headset, the Dolby Atmos that Xbox supports is processed on the motherboard, and requires the purchase of the Dolby Atmos app. anything else is being processed on the headset and is entirely in the realm of that manufacturer

The monitor certification program is far more about the fact that most monitors are made from very cheap electronics and both performance that they don't actually support their piles and piles of monitors that will accept a 165 Hz input, but display hardware only support 60 Hz in addition these nonstandard Tim present problems with proper HDMI sync

Your issues seem to be more with the fact that call of duty operates on appear to Pierre system and you want them to put in dedicated server. Well you'll have to contact Activision support about that, as they are the ones who handle call of duty.

https://support.activision.com
  4. Viper7Gamer Win User

Series X controller wish?

I like the little changes to it, the share button is nice. But I will be using my Elite Series 2 Controller when the Xbox Series X comes out.
  5. Viper7Gamer Win User

Series X controller wish?

I like the little changes to it, the share button is nice. But I will be using my Elite Series 2 Controller when the Xbox Series X comes out.
  6. XBF Ezra G Win User

Xbox Elite série 2[Xbox Elite series 2]

Hello _Cristophe-,

Thank you for your post. The Xbox Series X will allow for backward compatibility with Xbox One controllers, meaning an Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 will work as normal with the Series X.

I hope this helps!
Thema:

1. When is Xbox fixing input latency for Xbox Series X and Elite 2 Controllers ? - Similar Threads - fixing input latency

2. How do I fix the Input Delay Problem on Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2019 and Every Call of...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I fix the Input Delay Problem on Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2019 and Every Call of...: I've been having this insane input lag on Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2019,Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War, Call of Duty Vanguard, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 2022, and Call of Duty Modern...
  3. Double inputting is there a fix

in XBoX on Consoles
    Double inputting is there a fix: So awhile back I had a xbox series controller. It worked fine for awhile then it started double inputting all buttons/ sticks. And the right stick had stick drift. I thought it was broken, and so...
  4. Please fix mouse stuttering with small inputs

in XboX Insiders
    Please fix mouse stuttering with small inputs: Hello , so I’ve been having a problem with my mouse stuttering when doing small inputs. I found this article with a lot of views clearly showing people have the same issue. I’ve done everything...
  5. How do you fix input delay, errors, controller disconnections and errors?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you fix input delay, errors, controller disconnections and errors?: I have been dealing with an mysterious and irritating input delay with my Xboxes for the past 3 years. I do not know what else to do to fix this issue. I have literally gone through EVERY...
  6. My game characters continue moving after i release the input. How do i fix this?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My game characters continue moving after i release the input. How do i fix this?: I got a new laptop 2 months ago on windows 11 and while playing games whether or not its with friends or on my own after using any of my movement buttons and then released my character would...
  7. How to fix random input delay when using xbox controller connected to a windows pc?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix random input delay when using xbox controller connected to a windows pc?: My controller will randomly have massive input lag, and the buttons seem to hold their input. I have tried reinstalling my bluetooth drivers, updating controller firmware with Xbox Accesories,...
  8. Annoying input lag on series x. Any fix?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Annoying input lag on series x. Any fix?: I recently traded in my ex console for a new xbox series x. Very happy. However, there is something that has prevented me from enjoying the experience. On that console (ps5) I played a lot of...
  9. How do I fix my audio input, that keeps glitching, and my audio output, which keeps...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix my audio input, that keeps glitching, and my audio output, which keeps...: So, I bought this new PC and mostly everything works! The only thing I'm concerned about is the audio inputs and outputs, whenever I plug in the output it works fine, but when I plug in my input,...
  10. Does anyone know how to fix input delay and input errors on Xbox consoles?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know how to fix input delay and input errors on Xbox consoles?: I have been having a terrible input delay for about a year now on my Xbox. Whenever I press the buttons on the controller it is delayed and there are SOO many input errors. It has completely...