When is MS going to fix the random disconnects with the Elite 2 controller?

Discus and support When is MS going to fix the random disconnects with the Elite 2 controller? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; and before you suggest changing the batteries, connecting via USB or updating the firmware 1. There are no swappable batteries in the Elite 2, there is... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Xcel, Nov 7, 2021.

1. Xcel
    Xcel Guest

and before you suggest changing the batteries, connecting via USB or updating the firmware 1. There are no swappable batteries in the Elite 2, there is a rechargeable battery and 2. It does the same thing connected via USB and 3. It has the latest firmware.

:)

Xcel, Nov 7, 2021
  2. XBF - Dom Win User

Hello Xcel,

Thank you for reaching out to us about your issue!

It looks like you've followed a majority of the troubleshooting steps provided by our support site. The last troubleshooting method that you haven't mentioned was to power cycle the Xbox. (This method was in the video located under: My controller doesn’t function correctly -> My controller keeps getting disconnected -> Step 5: Additional Troubleshooting)

To power cycle the device, press and hold the power button for 10 seconds until the device shuts off.

After turning your device back on, connect your Elite Series 2 to see if you experience another random disconnect.

If you are still experiencing issues, then I suggest clicking the link below to learn more about getting your device serviced as you may need a replacement:

Getting your Xbox device serviced | Xbox Support

[Let us know if this answered your question by tapping "Yes" below]
  3. Led Magnet Win User

Controller's connection to system

4. Tedd27 Win User

Xbox One Controller successfully connected to PC via bluetooth does not work with Windows apps.

I am now having the same issue but with a brand new Elite Series 2 controller. However, this time when I revert the firmware I run into another issue. When playing a game, my controller will randomly disconnect and my FPS drops to 1-5 per second for a couple of seconds. Then I have to go into my bluetooth settings in order to resync the controller. I looked this issue up it seemed to be a common issue in a previous build. So now I have the choice of random disconnects or no functionality at all. That's not okay for a $200 controller. On top of everything, I only updated the elite controller because the A button kept bringing up the game bar and updating was a suggested fix. So no matter what I use, the stock firmware, the newest firmware, or an older firmware, there are issues that make the controller unusable.
  5. PR3D4T0R X4 Win User

Controller connectivity, why is it so bad?

6. Mick1620 Win User

Elite Controller 2 Disconnecting

Ive been having the same issues with the new controllers that use Bluetooth to connect. I notice more issues when im running/connecting multiple bluetooth devices. But overall the disconnecting happens at random times. Ive just got into the habit of plunging
    the controller in whenever i play online multiplayer games. This has happened with the series 1 and 2 elites and the newer generic controllers.
Thema:

1. When is MS going to fix the random disconnects with the Elite 2 controller? - Similar Threads - going fix random

2. When is Xbox Live backwards compatibility going to get fixed. I can't connect or download...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When is Xbox Live backwards compatibility going to get fixed. I can't connect or download...: I have tried reset my Xbox and deleting my games. Tried upnp and Dmz and port forwarding on my router. I have also tried WiFi on my Xbox and still no luck. Any info would be appreciated. Ian...
  3. Where can I go to get an Xbox One controller fixed?I have a spot on the back of my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where can I go to get an Xbox One controller fixed?I have a spot on the back of my...: Can someone tell me where I can get an xbox one controller repaired 0db2076c-60c7-4874-8534-81d368b1f55d
  4. now that the Xbox b@n exploit is a credible thing what is Microsoft going to do for a fix ?

in XboX Insiders
    now that the Xbox b@n exploit is a credible thing what is Microsoft going to do for a fix ?: The YouTuber Nick (@GhillieYT) claims he was targeted by this exploit and was falsely b@nned for one year. What can players do to protect themselves against this ? While still unconfirmed by Xbox,...
  5. Are Microsoft going to fix Xbox Series X wifi issues or not?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are Microsoft going to fix Xbox Series X wifi issues or not?: Live in apartments, should have at minimum 20 different wifi connections listed, currently have 0. This is an everyday occurance and blaming everybodies routers and isps is getting old. I have...
  6. High Packet loss, how do I go about fixing this? Thank you.

in XBoX on Consoles
    High Packet loss, how do I go about fixing this? Thank you.: My Xbox series X is showing that I have high packet loss. How do I resolve this? Thank you. 7d6012e1-5d69-49ee-b217-1f85f9637990
  7. When are you all going to have the connection issue fixed that involves signing in to Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When are you all going to have the connection issue fixed that involves signing in to Xbox...: Hello! The problem in which you my console tells me that my Xbox 360 profile cannot access Xbox live when I’m using it through my Series S has been going on for a very long time now. It affects a...
  8. My account is stuck at 2000 followers and wont go any higher. How can I fix this?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My account is stuck at 2000 followers and wont go any higher. How can I fix this?: I have tried to see if it was just a bug going on at first by removing my account off my xbox then hard restarting my xbox. After that I had signed back onto my account and my follower count did...
  9. When I go on my Xbox series x it says “if home still won’t launch. Reinstalling should fix...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I go on my Xbox series x it says “if home still won’t launch. Reinstalling should fix...: When I go on my Xbox series x it says “if home still won’t launch. Reinstalling should fix the problem. (0x80073d0f) and I can’t access my profile home or my games and apps...
  10. No HDMI output and Xbox wont go into safe mode, how do I fix this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    No HDMI output and Xbox wont go into safe mode, how do I fix this?: Hi, I’ve had the unpleasant surprise of my Series S not working normally today. I started the console as normal but my monitor did not open automatically I manually opened it to realize that there...