When is Microsoft going to sort out the drift issue on the Xbox One and X Series consoles?

Discus and support When is Microsoft going to sort out the drift issue on the Xbox One and X Series consoles? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Or is the customer having to fork out £50+ every 18 months for a controller that actually allows the player to control their character part of their... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Robert Hine, Jan 8, 2024.

1. Robert Hine
    Robert Hine Guest

When is Microsoft going to sort out the drift issue on the Xbox One and X Series consoles?

Or is the customer having to fork out £50+ every 18 months for a controller that actually allows the player to control their character part of their business plan?

I had to buy a new controller TWICE for my Xbox One and when the last new one, which was just 12 months old, started to drift i decided to put the price of ANOTHER controller towards a Series X as they were then available to buy at retail price instead of having to sell an organ or two to afford one. Now after about two years THIS ONE is doing the same old thing.

It's bad enough having to pay for a Gold subscription PLUS ESO subscription and then having to keep replacing the controller. I am not some teen who gets pizza sauce on their controller or throws it at the cat. I'm in my 50s and have a habit of looking after my 'toys'.

Do Playstation players have to put up with this [insert expletive here]?

:)

Robert Hine, Jan 8, 2024
  2. Just a Volunteer Win User

3. ngocphi Win User

Yes they do on ps.

You gotta remember stick drift is caused by wear and tear.

Depending in the type of games like fighting games.causes a lot.of stress on the rubber and the sensors. This is something that happened since the dual shock days when the first analogue sticks first came out.

Ive had to.replace ps dual shock 4 .controllers along with dual shock 2 .

Only time.I had to replace a xbox controller was when mine had a soup bath.

I've had controllers since 2016.

Though I mostly use my new xbox series controllers nowadays. The older controllers sit for pc.

You can however try something else the new 3rd gen controllers which just came out last month.

Upton if you want to risk it since it is new technology but as with every new technology the adoption is limited.

There are only 2 3rd generation controllers the pdp BFG pro and turtle beach stealth ultra with built in DAC and programmable keys and deadzone setting along with what you want hall effects sensors which Is no contact sensors.

New seil controllers are due out in April.

The problem.is those new controllers are 200 plus.
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

both Sony and Nintendo purchase their analog controller mechanisms from the same company
  5. Robert Hine Win User

Just learned about a class action against Microsoft regarding their defective controllers. Three years ago MS were trying to get it thrown out of court. Well how consumer friendly THAT IS! Let's hope the class action goes ahead and they win and force Microsoft take responsibility for their **** product!
  6. Default_570 Win User

controller drift

drift is a known issue with PS5 and Xbox Series X

try rebooting your console and see if that corrects it

Xbox is aware and they are working on that and a bunch of other issues for the next console update
Thema:

1. When is Microsoft going to sort out the drift issue on the Xbox One and X Series consoles? - Similar Threads - Microsoft going sort

2. Microsoft keys-to-go not charging

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft keys-to-go not charging: Hi! I’ve had my microsoft keys-to-go keyboard for a year now and today I discovered that the charging light does not blink when plugged to the charger and just lights green as if it was fully...
  3. now that the Xbox b@n exploit is a credible thing what is Microsoft going to do for a fix ?

in XboX Insiders
    now that the Xbox b@n exploit is a credible thing what is Microsoft going to do for a fix ?: The YouTuber Nick (@GhillieYT) claims he was targeted by this exploit and was falsely b@nned for one year. What can players do to protect themselves against this ? While still unconfirmed by Xbox,...
  4. Are Microsoft going to fix Xbox Series X wifi issues or not?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are Microsoft going to fix Xbox Series X wifi issues or not?: Live in apartments, should have at minimum 20 different wifi connections listed, currently have 0. This is an everyday occurance and blaming everybodies routers and isps is getting old. I have...
  5. When is Microsoft going to expand button mapping for 3rd party controllers for Xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    When is Microsoft going to expand button mapping for 3rd party controllers for Xbox: Email from Fanatec: Thanks for reaching out to us. Functionality on Xbox consoles is limited by the Xbox OS. Our Xbox-licensed Steering Wheels have almost the same number of usable inputs as the...
  6. I'm logged in to my Microsoft account on Minecraft. I want to go to Servers to play with...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I'm logged in to my Microsoft account on Minecraft. I want to go to Servers to play with...: I just bought Minecraft on my new Nintendo Switch. I'm trying to link my accounts, but I'm having trouble doing that. I've been able to sign into my existing Microsoft account and play. However it...
  7. What the hell is going on with the Microsoft Solitaire and Casual Games and the ads!?

in XBoX on Windows
    What the hell is going on with the Microsoft Solitaire and Casual Games and the ads!?: I am able to sit through your 30 second unskipable ads, I can wait, let the ad finish, and then click off of it and get to playing whatever game I want. But what in the absolute hell is going on...
  8. How do i go about reporting someone through Xbox live/Microsoft

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do i go about reporting someone through Xbox live/Microsoft: How do i go about reporting someone through xbox live when ever i report someone for randomly harassing me for no reason and being purely unsportsmanlike, all because they lost. bringing loved...
  9. when is Microsoft going to address and fix the deleted game bug for BG3?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    when is Microsoft going to address and fix the deleted game bug for BG3?: Just woke up to my whole almost 60 hours deleted. This is in unacceptable, give me my money back, this is little more than theft. 589a9e85-62ae-4935-9b6d-f8077eb88b0c
  10. Well you guys go back to backwards compatibility now that Activision is part of Microsoft...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Well you guys go back to backwards compatibility now that Activision is part of Microsoft...: I was just wondering now that Activision Is part of Microsoft. Will there be a slight chance you will go back to backwards compatibility? 5b7c9945-742b-4228-a2e5-1d481a93ce7a