When I’m playing games on my Xbox, one random buttons are being pressed!

Discus and support When I’m playing games on my Xbox, one random buttons are being pressed! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When I’m playing on my Xbox, my controller keeps clicking, sound buttons and constantly screen recording and I cleaned the controller and updated it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TracenHogan, May 20, 2023.

1. TracenHogan
    TracenHogan Guest

When I’m playing on my Xbox, my controller keeps clicking, sound buttons and constantly screen recording and I cleaned the controller and updated it and soft reset the consol

:)

TracenHogan, May 20, 2023
  2. WattyNuela Win User

Hello Tracenhogan, this is Manuela!. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you ready to assist with this.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this unexpected behavior with your controller when trying to play in your console.

Please answer the next questions to provide better assistance :

May I know if you are able to test with a different controller?
    If yes, is the issue persisting?
    Is this happening only when you open a game?
    Is this affecting a single game or all your games are affected?
  3. EtremeSteaks72 Win User

Random Button Pressing?

Sorry i'm late to this thread but by any chance did you find a way to fix this problem because this is currently happening to me.
  4. TooBusyForNames Win User

Random Button Pressing?

I'm afraid that it still occurs with both items disconnected. Currently, the only things plugged into it are the HDMI in (for a TV receiver), a cord for sound, and an HDMI connecting the thing to the projector I use with it.
  5. Together32 Win User

Random button pressing

I had a similar issue with buttons getting stuck and left stick wandering, I went to my local EB Games (GameStop) and they pulled it apart and cleaned, back to brand new now. You could do it yourself if you had the tools, and watched the videos and felt
    comfortable, that was just my personal choice.

Good luck!
  6. Pain130798 Win User

Random button pressing

probably what's causing that is that maybe there is some grass on the controller, an update wont make that work again, what you can try is to open your controller and clean the contact part, there are video on youtube about it, but if you think it is better
    someone who know how to do it does it, then take it somewhere in your city to be fix
Thema:

1. When I’m playing games on my Xbox, one random buttons are being pressed! - Similar Threads - I’m playing games

2. I’m trying to play a game but keeps telling me I need to choose a plan even tho I bought...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m trying to play a game but keeps telling me I need to choose a plan even tho I bought...: I just bought a game and when I try to play a match I get a pop up telling me I must choose a plan right form me even tho I bought the game. Can I get some assistance please...
  3. Xbox only auto updates games I’m not playing.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox only auto updates games I’m not playing.: Why does my Xbox not auto update. I have my standby mode turned on, and it does auto update! BUT LITERALLY DOESNT UPDATE THE GAME I PLAY?! I can play SOT for months and get updates and it will not...
  4. I’m trying to play MWlll cross gen addition and every time it ask my to buy game pass to play

in XBoX on Windows
    I’m trying to play MWlll cross gen addition and every time it ask my to buy game pass to play: It keeps giving me 2 options to buy game pass when I try to play multiplayer or zombies e6a1160e-aab8-4e68-9afb-5cf653891546
  5. Every time I clip something when I’m playing any game, I ALWAYS lag so bad

in XBoX on Consoles
    Every time I clip something when I’m playing any game, I ALWAYS lag so bad: Every time I clip something when I’m playing any game, I ALWAYS lag so bad (my controller disconnects while there is a charger connected to it) and I am so annoyed by it I might switch to...
  6. I’m trying to play a game(high on life) on xbox pc game pass using a ps4 controller but it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m trying to play a game(high on life) on xbox pc game pass using a ps4 controller but it...: I’m trying to play a game(high on life) on xbox pc game pass using a ps4 controller but it doesn’t recognize the controller’s inputs. How do i make it work? 7a711a01-6926-4bae-b764-fcb7f3cc2107
  7. Can I still play online if I’m being game shared by someone who has game pass core

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I still play online if I’m being game shared by someone who has game pass core: I been wanting to pay less for game pass but I’m wondering if I can still play online if the person that’s game sharing me has game pass core because it says (online console multiplayer) like does...
  8. Hi, I have a game called Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 for the Xbox 360 and I’m trying to play it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi, I have a game called Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 for the Xbox 360 and I’m trying to play it...: Hi, I have a game called Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 for the Xbox 360 and I’m trying to play it on Xbox One….but it keeps saying that the disc is not playable. Is it possible for it to be backward...
  9. Why does xbox keep asking me to choose a game pass plan when I’m trying to play rainbow 6...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does xbox keep asking me to choose a game pass plan when I’m trying to play rainbow 6...: I’ve recently been playing rainbow with no problems but today when trying to load into a match, xbox keeps asking me to choose a game pass plan. The thing is I don’t need a game pass to play...
  10. I get kicked out of the game I’m playing when the kids use their console to play games at...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I get kicked out of the game I’m playing when the kids use their console to play games at...: When I’m using my Xbox and the kids try to use their Xbox I get kicked out of my game. They have their own family profiles and they are on a different console in a different room but we can’t play...